IGNORED

Huckabee creates Chick-fil-a appreciation day - NSFW

lilah

My moral code (The Bible) also says don't murder or steal. Should we throw those laws out because they are "biblical"?

Murdering and stealing infringes on other people's rights. The right to life and the right to their own property. Two consenting adults pledging their love for one another and having that union recognized legally infringes on no one. Nice try, asshat.

-Riffles

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are non-religious reasons to make murder and stealing illegal. There are no non-religious reasons to not allow gay marriage.

Answering questions that weren't asked does seem to be a fundie trait. He answered a question I didn't ask and is trying to claim he answered my question.

Answering questions that weren't asked does seem to be a fundie trait. He answered a question I didn't ask and is trying to claim he answered my question.

In debate its called deflecting the issue. Its a weak tactic that will lower your score.

I admire the Hives' patience with this pup, but he seems to be challenged when it comes to actually reading and comprehending the points made by FJ posters. This isn't a unique technique, FormerGothardite typically points it out to the fundies who come here seeking our attention.

I'm going to let everyone resume their regular programing while I have another G&T. Who would like to join me in a refreshing libation ?

gin-and-tonic-original-290x290.jpg

Yeah, I stopped playing with him when he basically said hypothetically thinking was hard and he didn't want to do it. I will join experiencedd for cocktails though.

Still, cheers to all who've had more patience than I. Following this thread has been a great break from my workday.

I didn't ask if it was perfect. I asked if you felt the country was more biblical at that time. You said the country is less biblical than it used to be, so at that time, was it more biblical than now?

Let me put it this way. I believe there was less rejection of God.

In debate its called deflecting the issue. Its a weak tactic that will lower your score.

I knew there was a term for what he is doing, but I couldn't think of it. Thanks!

And whoever said this thread needed handcuff was so right. :lol: He was the one who tried to come up with non-religious reasons to ban gay marriage and came up with toaster marriage. :lol:

I admire the Hives' patience with this pup, but he seems to be challenged when it comes to actually reading and comprehending the points made by FJ posters. This isn't a unique technique, FormerGothardite typically points it out to the fundies who come here seeking our attention.

I'm going to let everyone resume their regular programing while I have another G&T. Who would like to join me in a refreshing libation ?

gin-and-tonic-original-290x290.jpg

I'm going to say this again. I am not a fundie. I was raised in an evangelical Church (Church of the Nazarene), listened to secular top 40 radio growing up, and went to public school my entire life.

Still not answering. Just yes or no, was the country more biblical when it was murdering natives and stealing their land? Just yes or no. That's all.

Guest Anonymous

My apologies for being redundant. :oops:

Ahhh, no worries. I was peevish, and you went more in depth than I did anyway. Really it's the sort of thing that can't be said too much. In this case though the troll in question has no eyes to see nor ears to hear anything that challenges his nasty little point of view.

He sez he's a "happily married man." Guess whose wife probably isn't in the mood this evening, so he's hard up for something to keep himself occupied.

Yeah, I stopped playing with him when he basically said hypothetically thinking was hard and he didn't want to do it. I will join experiencedd for cocktails though.

Still, cheers to all who've had more patience than I. Following this thread has been a great break from my workday.

No, I believe I said I don't comment on hypothetical situations. Don't put words in my mouth.

He sez he's a "happily married man." Guess whose wife probably isn't in the mood this evening, so he's hard up for something to keep himself occupied.

Get a life jerk.

He "left" for all of eight minutes. Tell me, Hive, is this a record?

I don't accept homosexuality as moral and not a sin because God said so in His word. My opinion is my opinion (which I believe is the Truth) and thanks to our founding fathers, I have the freedom to express that opinion. I believe God's plans are what is best for mankind and I would like it as law.

The problem I have with this is the last sentence. The takeaway point is that you apparently do not believe in the American system. You would prefer a Theocracy of your own beliefs. Making the word of the bible...god's word as interpreted by your denomination....into law. Is this correct?

I knew there was a term for what he is doing, but I couldn't think of it. Thanks!

And whoever said this thread needed handcuff was so right. :lol: He was the one who tried to come up with non-religious reasons to ban gay marriage and came up with toaster marriage. :lol:

So does anyone get to marry a toaster, or do they have to be gay? Does it have to be a toaster because my husband just brought home a super cool Crock-Pot that I would want to marry. This would be biblical because the bible says polygamist marriage is okay.

Still not answering. Just yes or no, was the country more biblical when it was murdering natives and stealing their land? Just yes or no. That's all.

Sorry, that's not a yes or no question.

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to say this again. I am not a fundie. I was raised in an evangelical Church (Church of the Nazarene), listened to secular top 40 radio growing up, and went to public school my entire life.

You can say you're a creampuff but that won't make me want to put you in my mouth. Saying something doesn't make it so. Or in this case, not so. You are a fundie. You think you are right and everyone else is wrong, you (claim to) adhere strictly to a religious code and if you had the power to you would make everyone else do the same. Fundie, fundie, fundie.

P.S. I attended public school, went to an evangelical Southern Baptist church, and listened to the radio, and my family was still fundie.

Besides, weren't you leaving?

I think it is. Either you agree with the statement or disagree. Yes or no.

The problem I have with this is the last sentence. The takeaway point is that you apparently do not believe in the American system. You would prefer a Theocracy of your own beliefs. Making the word of the bible...god's word as interpreted by your denomination....into law. Is this correct?

Nope. I believe in American system and I love my Country. I don't love everything people are doing with it these days though. Our country was made so that we could be free to opinions, free to share ideas, and free to make decisions on those ideas.

Nope. I believe in American system and I love my Country. I don't love everything people are doing with it these days though. Our country was made so that we could be free to opinions, free to share ideas, and free to make decisions on those ideas.

How is this compatible with your view that same-sex marriage should be illegal?

Yeah it is. If the country was closer to following the Bible back then, you should be able to say so. If it wasn't say so. Don't be a coward, own your beliefs.

It isn't a loaded question because you said that the country used to be more biblical. That means that at some point ealier than now, the country was closer to being biblical. Just say when that time was.

Archived