Kitchen Princess

Famy posted a bunch of pics including this one:

3f9b7e1265cd11e292eb22000a1fbd89_6.jpg

From a leghumper:

e5d257a8651211e28e2022000a1cdd10_6.jpg

I feel like that 'from a leghumper' one is old. I think its from the making bread in Ireland.

I feel like that 'from a leghumper' one is old. I think its from the making bread in Ireland.

def think it's from a different time. Jessa`s hair is different and they are wearing different aprons.

The health department wouldn't allow the coffee shop to bring in volunteers to bake, especially without hair restraints.

Jessa needs to stop the fake baking.

Agreed but how do they get there tans? I can't really see them lining up in a paper g string for a spraying :?

too bad it isn't a restaurant. They might learn something useful--like how to cook for large numbers of people! The whole counting out charitable donations for a photo op makes me want to vomit.

I hope they let them continue working there, cause only Jill has any work experience. Its probably just a one off, because what would Michelle do if all her older kids got jobs. She would have to interact with her children :o

There was one that has been abandoned in my town. signs are still up though and it was called "grounds for faith". eyerolllllllllll. I stilll can't figure out what God and coffee have to do with each other.

God made coffee beans for all to enjoy?

I would imagine they slather on the tan by hand. With all of the emphasis on doing their hair etc. It doesn't seem like the Duggars are averse to a little bit of product fuelled vanity.

There was one that has been abandoned in my town. signs are still up though and it was called "grounds for faith". eyerolllllllllll. I stilll can't figure out what God and coffee have to do with each other.

The coffee shop looks hipsterish and secular in order to lure unsuspecting people through the door. The owners hope that the Jesus message will work its magic and the unsaved will become saved. Also, the shop is a safe haven for fundies who want to look normal by going to a hipsterish-looking coffee shop, but don't want to be confronted by The Decemberists or The Arcade Fire. :lol:

• 2 months later...
Stealth proselytizing annoys me even more than the open kind!

I agree, absolutely despise this approach! I got fooled by one of those undercover Christian coffee shops in my town. Avoid it like the plague now that I've caught on.

Just saw the episode featuring the Duggar girls volunteering at the cafe. It looks like every single other coffee shop I've seen except for some sign talking about the profits going towards orphans or something. I'd go there. Don't care as long as the coffee is good, the ambiance is hip and the drinks overpriced. I think the only coffee shop I would be wary about would be those run by Mormons!

Almost every Christian coffeeshop I've ever seen has used the "grounds" pun and couldn't stay open longer than two years. There was one my atheist friends and I used to go to on Wednesday evenings to play dirty Scrabble.

There was a Christian coffeehouse in the town where I went to grad school. It closed indefinitely when the volunteers balked over the board of directors issuing a requirement that volunteers sign a statement of faith. Then the location turned into a Subway.

A friend of mine who is originally from Indiana attended a megachurch that has a coffeehouse as part of their ministry program, they donate the proceeds to overseas chairies. My friend said that the coffehouse is pretty set up as a hipster type coffehouse and they have performance nights where some of the people from the megachurch perform Christian songs.

Almost every Christian coffeeshop I've ever seen has used the "grounds" pun and couldn't stay open longer than two years. There was one my atheist friends and I used to go to on Wednesday evenings to play dirty Scrabble.

Dirty scrabble sounds like lots of fun! My friends and I use to play Pervy Mad Libs.

Archived