IGNORED

Predictions for new 19 Kids and Counting - returning 3/12

ljohnson2006

I don't know if Aldi sells alcohol. There are some Walmart stores that don't sell alcohol.

Our Aldi only sells wine and it is right by the front door so there is no avoiding it. Although after googling it seems like the newer stores have a different layout and the wine is in a separate room.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A question from a non-American: does Aldi has any alcohol in their stores in the USA? Walmart surely does, doesn't it? If so, then how can these assholes frequent those shops with all their innocent little kids?!?

quote]

In the United States, alcohol sales are regulated on the county and state level, so the rules differ across the country. For example, in the State of Virginia, all "hard" liquor is sold by the State Government in "ABC" (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) stores, but in most of the counties, you can purchase beer and wine at grocery stores or even other shops like Walmarts or Targets. Across the state line in Maryland, most counties require all alcohol (including beer and wine) to be sold by "liquor" stores (so we have liquor stores in every little shopping plaza), but they are privately run.

So, when I go to the Trader Joe's grocery store near my home in Maryland, there is no alcohol for sale (but there is a liquor store just a few doors down, of course). If I drive about 30 miles south to the Trader Joe's store near my sister's home in Virginia, I can buy beer and wine there. If I drive 100 miles west of my home to another Maryland county, I can't buy any alcohol on Sunday!

Yes, we know its crazy and Byzantine!!!

And the laws in the Duggar's home state, Arkansas are some of the most convoluted around. Here's an excerpt from a 2009 article on the topic:

Arkansas’ arcane liquor laws stir opportunity and opposition

The City Wire Wed, 11/04/2009 -

story by Michael Tilley

Arkansas’ liquor laws are a convoluted concoction of rules creating a checkerboard of 43 dry counties and 32 wet counties. Some of the dry counties are as dry as the bottom of the Arkansas River. Sebastian County, for example, is dry unless you consider that Fort Smith — home to roughly 75% of the county population — is wet.

Or the “dry†Benton County that is home to 123 private club permits. The other four members of the top five most private clubbed dry counties (Faulkner, Craighead, Saline and Pope) have, combined, only 82 private club permits. The wet counties of Pulaski and Washington have 123 private club licenses combined... We have rules as to when and how alcohol can be sold from either a convenience store, grocery story or a bonafide liquor store; rules differentiating between sales of wine fermented in Arkansas and wine fermented outside the state. There are rules that say your local Chili’s or Applebee’s is simply a restaurant that can serve beer if built in a wet county, but is a special private club with a (wink, wink) membership policy to go along with food sales if it operates in a dry county..."

Wasn't Aldi the store that Mullet protested about days after Josie was born? I remember her getting serious flack for it. Who cares if stores sell alcohol? It's not hurting them. They should keep their mouths shut about topics they know nothing about.

Twins!Of course!They run in Smugs family-Anna would show sooner&get big faster,so she wouldnt be as far along as she looks..

Josh's genes don't matter, only Anna's do -- she's the one who would have to ovulate 2+ eggs at the same time. (And there's no hereditary tendency for identical twins.)

I think that might be a possibility with the Duggars. But I don't see them sending Josiah away to an out of state fundy college while the show is still running. If there is a fundy type college in Arkansas, maybe it will happen.

Ecclesia college is 3 or 4 miles north of the compound: ecollege.edu/

John Brown University is in Siloam Springs--about 40 miles west: jbu.edu

Ecclesia is the more conservative of the two schools. Ecclesia is kinda of like Crowne College. No shortage of godly alternatives for higher ed.

I agree that without marrying off a daughter, the show will keep dwindling down. I'm betting another 2 seasons (upcoming & then a final one where they try to marry off another kid or do something major) and then possible follow ups. I really hate the thought of a girl getting married in her early 20's with no real life experience, but marriage seems to be the only parent-approved way out of the TTH. I'd prefer if Josiah & Joy ran though!!!

Not quite on topic, but I know "Mr Jim" the sound guy has gone to at least one of their private family events with a daughter in tow. What do we know about him? Is he into their religion too?

In the United States, alcohol sales are regulated on the county and state level, so the rules differ across the country. For example, in the State of Virginia, all "hard" liquor is sold by the State Government in "ABC" (Alcoholic Beverage Commission) stores, but in most of the counties, you can purchase beer and wine at grocery stores or even other shops like Walmarts or Targets. Across the state line in Maryland, most counties require all alcohol (including beer and wine) to be sold by "liquor" stores (so we have liquor stores in every little shopping plaza), but they are privately run.

So, when I go to the Trader Joe's grocery store near my home in Maryland, there is no alcohol for sale (but there is a liquor store just a few doors down, of course). If I drive about 30 miles south to the Trader Joe's store near my sister's home in Virginia, I can buy beer and wine there. If I drive 100 miles west of my home to another Maryland county, I can't buy any alcohol on Sunday!

Yes, we know its crazy and Byzantine!!!

And the laws in the Duggar's home state, Arkansas are some of the most convoluted around. Here's an excerpt from a 2009 article on the topic:

Arkansas’ arcane liquor laws stir opportunity and opposition

The City Wire Wed, 11/04/2009 -

story by Michael Tilley

Arkansas’ liquor laws are a convoluted concoction of rules creating a checkerboard of 43 dry counties and 32 wet counties. Some of the dry counties are as dry as the bottom of the Arkansas River. Sebastian County, for example, is dry unless you consider that Fort Smith — home to roughly 75% of the county population — is wet.

Or the “dry†Benton County that is home to 123 private club permits. The other four members of the top five most private clubbed dry counties (Faulkner, Craighead, Saline and Pope) have, combined, only 82 private club permits. The wet counties of Pulaski and Washington have 123 private club licenses combined... We have rules as to when and how alcohol can be sold from either a convenience store, grocery story or a bonafide liquor store; rules differentiating between sales of wine fermented in Arkansas and wine fermented outside the state. There are rules that say your local Chili’s or Applebee’s is simply a restaurant that can serve beer if built in a wet county, but is a special private club with a (wink, wink) membership policy to go along with food sales if it operates in a dry county..."

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea if the Duggars' area is wet or dry?

Josh's genes don't matter, only Anna's do -- she's the one who would have to ovulate 2+ eggs at the same time. (And there's no hereditary tendency for identical twins.)

Damn..o-well.I suppose it could still happen.It might livrn things up(if not by much)

Maybe they think doing a crossover will help the show.

Sounds like they're trying to do damage control for the number of people who are aware that the Duggars were actively promoting the Pearls method in the past. They're trying to prove what openminded and gentle parents they are :snooty: :lol: :liar:

Supernanny really needs to visit the Duggars. I think she will have a problem with the older kids raising the younger ones, and the kids practically running wild. Also I dont think the youngest ones know who their mother is.

Jo would go ape shit over the way the house is run. Also that the parents don't parent and it's common knowledge they use the Pearls methods. Ffs it was on a parenting forum she used plastic rulers on the older ones when babies and what the hell is this *train* up a child I don't even use that term for the dogs these days never mind kids.

Amazon in the US and the UK are still selling the Pearls book much to my disgust and yes loads have complained about it but it's still there.

I believe the Duggars live in Tontitown, which is in Washington County.

According to this State of Arkansas website, Washington County is "wet": http://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/offices/abc ... nties.aspx

except for certain townships within it, which are "dry" (i.e. no alcohol sales)--Tontitown isn't one of them.

So yeah, stores and restaurants around them can sell booze. Which makes them even bigger hypocrites when they went to Colorado and asked for the alcohol to be removed.

I bet that when they've gone out to eat in New York City and London and Washington DC (remember how rude they were in the Ethiopian restaurant? ) they haven't asked for the alcohol to be be removed. Or, even better, they asked, and the restaurant owners told them to F**K off! :D

Good catch on that Ecclesia College being so close! Unfortunately, I looked at their website-- http://www.ecollege.edu/ and they have women's basketball and soccer teams, and there are pictures of the players wearing SHORTS. The hussies!!

Jo would go ape shit over the way the house is run. Also that the parents don't parent and it's common knowledge they use the Pearls methods. Ffs it was on a parenting forum she used plastic rulers on the older ones when babies and what the hell is this *train* up a child I don't even use that term for the dogs these days never mind kids.

Amazon in the US and the UK are still selling the Pearls book much to my disgust and yes loads have complained about it but it's still there.

Thats what I dont understand - every single thing Jo teaches is the COMPLETE opposite from what J'chelle does. There is no fucking way in hell the Duggars would allow someone criticizing her MOTY skillz to be aired on teevee.

SO, why have a parenting question for Jo? Shouldnt they be pimping "ask Michelle?"

Actually, you're correct. Supernanny once did a family with 11 children. The mother was dead set on fulfilling an adolescent dream of having 12 children, even though the father clearly did not want to have more.

A key point of the show was that Jo insisted that the older children stop being the ones to raise their siblings. She made them wear shirts that said, "off duty" and would intervene when the parent went to hand off a baby to the... I'm not sure if they were teenagers yet, but you wouldn't have known it looking at them. Old before their time, poor things :(

What was really infuriating was that the mother in the show refused to stop having more children when Jo sat down with the father and mother and talked to them about it, and the father did not want more children.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jo-Frost/379217545496108?fref=ts

Now I kinda wanna invade her page and ask why she's affiliating herself with the Duggars...

Do it hen cos I'll bet it wasn't her that liked or endorsed them but one of her team. You might wait weeks on a reply though.

Do it hen cos I'll bet it wasn't her that liked or endorsed them but one of her team. You might wait weeks on a reply though.

There may or may not be a post...

I think Jo Frost wants to get back in the lime light. Affliating with the Duggars isn't going to help her that much. The Duggars have lost some of their admirers in the past two years. Their show didn't do extremely well last season and it seems that some in the media(e.g. Today Show) are over the Duggars.

Twins!Of course!They run in Smugs family-Anna would show sooner&get big faster,so she wouldnt be as far along as she looks..

Twins running in the father's family doesn't affect a couple's chances of having twins. Identical twins don't run in families. Fraternal twins are when two eggs are dropped and Smugs can't control how many eggs Anna releases (even though she has to submit, her ovaries do not!).

But twins can happen even with no family history so it's always a possibility :)

Archived