IGNORED

The Maxwells heading west

WonderingInWA

Weren't they on the East Coast for a seminar this summer? I know lobster rolls aren't that expensive. My mom and stepdad always ate them when they were in MA visiting family.

Steve's a poop.

Yes--they were a town away from me in Connecticut, where you can find lobster rolls so delicious that you can hear the angels sing as you eat one.

For the out-of-staters, a Connecticut-style lobster roll is lobster meat drenched in drawn butter and put into a New-England-style hot dog roll, which is buttered and grilled on the outside. (If the lobster meat is mixed with mayonnaise and celery and stuff, we call it a lobster salad roll.)

Damn. Now I KNOW I'll be stopping by my favorite seafood stand for a lobster roll on my way home from work tomorrow!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the maxwell woman drive? Not just Uriah...but even a car?

Yes--at least Teri and Sarah do. I think Anna does--wasn't she put in charge of running errands while Teri worked on a book?

Yes--they were a town away from me in Connecticut, where you can find lobster rolls so delicious that you can hear the angels sing as you eat one.

For the out-of-staters, a Connecticut-style lobster roll is lobster meat drenched in drawn butter and put into a New-England-style hot dog roll, which is buttered and grilled on the outside. (If the lobster meat is mixed with mayonnaise and celery and stuff, we call it a lobster salad roll.)

Damn. Now I KNOW I'll be stopping by my favorite seafood stand for a lobster roll on my way home from work tomorrow!

Crap. I've got lobster tails in my freezer. I know, I know, like crab, it's not as good after it's been frozen, but that's the way I have to buy it here unless I want to cook it live myself (and I do NOT). Now I'm gonna have to make some lobster rolls. Thanks for that. I thought we were having pho for dinner.

Where ARE those darn Maxwells? They don't write; they don't call. What could possibly be going on? Anyone want to help them along?

I'll start.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Parking Uriah was a challenge but The Lord protected the bus AND the church lawn.

(Insert photo of Uriah on gravel drive)

They had help with haul-in.

(Insert photo of young, polo-shirted male, smiling, with handcart).

Their sponsors blessed them with a meal eaten off paper plates in a church hall.

(Insert close up of pasta dish in foil tray).

Hearts were opened and receptive.

(Insert several photos here...Maxwell girls smiling while selling Chore Packs, long skirted moms perusing book table, babies on shoulders, views from the back of the church during Stevie's presentation)

A dad vowed to get rid of the beast.

Children love the Moodys.

(Insert photo of Sarah with smiling young'uns)

They had help with haul-out.

(Another smiling handcart photo).

(Bonus photo: Bible time on Uriah)

Dad and sons drove all night.

(Insert photo of a gas stop and windshield cleaning).

The Lord blessed the entire endeavor from start to finish.

(OK, now I hope something awful didn't happen to an aging parent and interrupt the whole weekend).

Where ARE those darn Maxwells? They don't write; they don't call. What could possibly be going on? Anyone want to help them along?

I'll start.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Parking Uriah was a challenge but The Lord protected the bus AND the church lawn.

Their sponsors blessed them with a meal eaten off paper plates in a church hall.

(Insert several photos here...Maxwell girls smiling while selling Chore Packs, long skirted moms perusing book table, babies on shoulders, views from the back of the church during Stevie's presentation)

(OK, now I hope something awful didn't happen to an aging parent and interrupt the whole weekend).

QFT! This is the formula they use! Stevehovah will be LIVID when he sees that you've discovered it! /sarcasm

I'll start.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Great job! You just need to add at least one closeup pic of Stevehovah, with his big grin and crazy eyes.

What part of Nortk Dakota? I just moved to the Red River Valley last winter. Go Sioux!

Fargo.

(Yes, I'm still a Sioux hockey fan despite not living in ND for almost 10 years.)

Regarding the cod thing, it's badly [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_of_the_Atlantic_northwest_cod_fishery]overfished[/link], and I worked with some cod farmers briefly who told me that they never ate anything they caught because of the sustainability, among other things. I figure if the people in the thick of it don't eat the fish, I probably shouldn't either.

Totally unrelated nonsense, but I have a new-ish boyfriend and on the hour drive to his house I pass a Maxwell exit on the interstate. Think of them every damn time and wonder what is happening to me that I am thinking about a fundie family on my way to get laid... :shhh: :naughty:

I'll start.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Jesus Christ himself could return to attend a Maxwell conference and denounce Steve as a Pharisee, and we'd still get that exact conference report.

No posts in 5 days?? What gives Stevo?

Has Sarah taken the kids and moved in with John-Marie?

Has Teri finally cracked and hit the Pepsi?

Has Uriah gotten sick of your antics and locked you out?

Come on! SPILL!

OR, maybe it wasn't a conference at all and they pulled off a secret wedding of John-Marie and either Anna or Poor Sarah. Wouldn't that be a delightful surprise!

OR, maybe it wasn't a conference at all and they pulled off a secret wedding of John-Marie and either Anna or Poor Sarah. Wouldn't that be a delightful surprise!

No, that can't be!!!!!!!!!! John-Marie is drooling over the Pecan Thief :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

I'll start.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Don't forget:

We enjoyed some early morning sustenance after Bible time

(Insert photo of slightly manic-looking female Maxwell posing with a blender)

Many people came and opened their hearts to the word of THE LORD

(Insert photo of the backs of a dozen or so people's heads, with large areas of empty space, in a cavernous room. One or two heads will be bowed forward, as if in prayer, but actually showing audience members nodding off)

We were blessed to minister to the elderly

(Insert photo of several semi-conscious and/or perplexed senior citizens with assorted Maxwells looming over them)

Maxwells have been awfully quite lately. Think there is something big a brewin', a little courtin'?

Please please please can it be a courtship for Sarah. Or that Sarah has ran away from home and has met someone who can help her survive this world. Or that theyve decided to let Sarah get her own house and job and life and be a real adult. That is the only Maxwell news that would be of any interest. That poor woman needs a life of her own and someone to love her.

Please please please can it be a courtship for Sarah. Or that Sarah has ran away from home and has met someone who can help her survive this world. Or that theyve decided to let Sarah get her own house and job and life and be a real adult. That is the only Maxwell news that would be of any interest. That poor woman needs a life of her own and someone to love her.

Afraid that is there is any courtin' going on, it will be between Anna and John Marie. I think that would totally break Sarah.

No, that can't be!!!!!!!!!! John-Marie is drooling over the Pecan Thief :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

:pink-shock: Did I miss something??? John-Marie is drooling over the Pecan Thief?????

Afraid that is there is any courtin' going on, it will be between Anna and John Marie. I think that would totally break Sarah.

Can poor Sarah get any more broken while actually still being alive?

I kinda presumed at this point she is basically an empty shell of a person with not even a tiny fragment of her crushed spirit left.

Unless she breaks by going completely and utterly insane, starts screaming words that we would never have expected someone like her to know at every single member of her family, then jumps into Uriah, runs over Steve and then drives away never to be seen again.

Unless she breaks by going completely and utterly insane, starts screaming words that we would never have expected someone like her to know at every single member of her family, then jumps into Uriah, runs over Steve and then drives away never to be seen again.

The visual image of that is awesome!!

They've updated and what do you know, life is good, conference is a blessing, they had some bus "excitement" (isn't that illegal Steve?). And who is that I see in the photos? Is that the lovely John-Marie?

I assume the girl in the white blouse in the church photo is his sister Cathy-Jo. Maybe we have it backwards. Maybe she is destined for Jesse or John, or even Joseph if he's found all the pieces of his heart yet.

Archived