IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

They claim to be night owls to account for "Duggar time"

Duggartime doesn't work in the real world. Only in fundieland. I wish some of these people could go to work and tell their boss they are on duggartime.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So courting equals having social media freedom and not doing housework

Why is it people criticize the parents for expecting the daughters to do all of the work around the house, and once it's discovered that two of the girls aren't doing as much, people feel the need to criticize the daughters for not doing all the housework? How, pray tell, does that make you any better than the Duggar parents? Yes it means more work for the younger girls, but it's better to gradually add the work than just have the two girls move out and expect things to be smooth sailing. Plus, you have no idea how much of the "she's distracted" lines are embellished or upfront lies. The girls could be required to film more, they're constantly having parental antics to deal with, they've traveled, etc. They also have a really personal part of their lives being made into the main plot line of their parents show with millions of viewers watching each week.

And, no one seems to care that Michelle said it takes MULTIPLE children to fill in for ONE of the eldest 4. All they care about is that suddenly the girl "isn't doing housework."

Why is it people criticize the parents for expecting the daughters to do all of the work around the house, and once it's discovered that two of the girls aren't doing as much, people feel the need to criticize the daughters for not doing all the housework? How, pray tell, does that make you any better than the Duggar parents? Yes it means more work for the younger girls, but it's better to gradually add the work than just have the two girls move out and expect things to be smooth sailing. Plus, you have no idea how much of the "she's distracted" lines are embellished or upfront lies. The girls could be required to film more, they're constantly having parental antics to deal with, they've traveled, etc. They also have a really personal part of their lives being made into the main plot line of their parents show with millions of viewers watching each week.

And, no one seems to care that Michelle said it takes MULTIPLE children to fill in for ONE of the eldest 4. All they care about is that suddenly the girl "isn't doing housework."

I have a problem with this because both Michelle and Jim Bob are hypocrites and lie straight through their teeth. I'm kinda glad Jessa could get out of her mother role for a change and do other things. On the other hand I also feel bad for the other kids taking up that role. If Jessa doesn't have to do a bunch of work then the other girls shouldn't have to do a bunch of work either. Let them have fun and have a Facebook or Instagram(which I believe a Duggar child isn't suppose to have until at least they're engaged) If one can go why not the rest?

I have a problem with this because both Michelle and Jim Bob are hypocrites and lie straight through their teeth. I'm kinda glad Jessa could get out of her mother role for a change and do other things. On the other hand I also feel bad for the other kids taking up that role. If Jessa doesn't have to do a bunch of work then the other girls shouldn't have to do a bunch of work either. Let them have fun and have a Facebook or Instagram(which I believe a Duggar child isn't suppose to have until at least they're engaged) If one can go why not the rest?

She may be in charge of less, but she still has to train kids; and her dating life is up for the world to criticize. If anything life is harder for her now. At least people rarely followed her when she was only doing chores/raising kids. Now, everything she does is watched from her getting ready to being forced to witness the minigolf scene. People criticize her every move and reaction, her boys every move and reaction, etc. Her parents are trying to train her to be a different girl before she gets married. It's not like her life is a cakewalk just because she's courting.

I do think Jessa deals with it well, though. She seems to have sort of detached herself from caring too much about the specifics of her crazy family life. The pressure seems to get to her less than with some of her siblings.

Guest LilaFowler

Even though I 100% disagree with his religion, beliefs, and lifestyle, I've come to find that I like Ben. He seems like a nice guy.

Jess's has joined twitter under @JessaSeewald, and BenBob is following her... Now, if Jill is anything to go by... I'd say this is confirmation that Jessa just got engaged and is now allowed to have social media.

The "life isn't all pickles & hairspray" facebook page is saying she's engaged. Not sure if they're just getting this from the twitter account as well? Or if they have additional sources.

The "life isn't all pickles & hairspray" facebook page is saying she's engaged. Not sure if they're just getting this from the twitter account as well? Or if they have additional sources.

They're just inferring based on the same things we are. They responded to comments saying that they figured the twitter and Instagram were the announcements.

I'm going to guess she's engaged and they're going to announce it in just under a week to create hype for the season finale next Tuesday.

There's no point in blurring out the names if you're just gonna link to the post anyways :P

Ben's facebook ruins the surprise once again! :lol:

Who is this woman? How does she know them? I looked through her friends and there didn't seem to be any connection. Any random person on the internet can claim anything.

Looks like she is sitting on his lap there....that is definitely probably not allowed during courtship!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If that woman actually knows what she's talking about Jessa, Jim Bob, and TLC will be so pissed!

I hope he didn't propose in that "office" closet, with a plastic cup in his hand.

I think its hilarious if someone did leak it. It's not like they can get contracts for every person they know.

Who is this woman? How does she know them? I looked through her friends and there didn't seem to be any connection. Any random person on the internet can claim anything.

I'm guessing she's just an excitable leghumper. Pants, only 3 kids, drinks beer, and no Seewalds on her friends list.

That said, I think she's probably right. They're engaged.

I hope he didn't propose in that "office" closet, with a plastic cup in his hand.

At least a plastic cup would be an upgrade from the Styrofoam one for the courtship proposal ;)

At least a plastic cup would be an upgrade from the Styrofoam one for the courtship proposal ;)

Maybe he'll really class it up and go with one actually made out of glass. The Duggars must be hiding the non-disposable plates and glasses somewhere, right? :)

And don't forget the now infamous "ya'll can side hug" line from Boob when the courtship became official. If Ben and Jessa are making the rules, why would they need permission? And why would we have the never-ending shots of Michelle and Boob reciting of what's not allowed? Yeah, the courtship rules are about as much "their idea" as doing homework is my 8 year-old's idea.

I had to search for a topic like this while watching the show tonight. It looked like Michelle was going to shit her pants over the "Frontal hug" and the "This won't happen again!" Seriously... I just.... I can't wrap my head around this family and how those poor kids are made to believe its okay. I will never condemn someone for saving themselves for marriage (despite it not being for me) but no freaking HUGS that are NORMAL HUGS are just stupid inane rules!

But as for the Ben not being a virgin... it's been on my mind too. He's a fairly good looking guy, he seems to be pretty "normal" and almost maybe has to cross over to her rules to be okay with them, but prior to that he had his own "rules" and expectations. Maybe he isn't whoring around but to be totally innocent without kisses or sex...just seems so unlikely.

I really do find Jessa and Ben to be quite cute....I really hope these girls marry some guys that can tear them away from the clutches of their parents and really experience the world and open their minds and hearts. To me it seems like the guys are too far gone (Even the younger ones) but the girls... I almost see that the years of taking care of all of their siblings has worn them down to the point they are more open and accepting of differences... especially if that means they will break away from being a maid in their family. Well, not that Michelle is a maid in her family, she makes everyone else do the work :p

Archived