IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

Re the TH preview of next week's season finale show on tonight's epi with Jessa and another girl (was it Jinger? I couldn't stop staring at Jessa so didn't notice)... WTH happened to Jessa's HAIR???!!! :pink-shock:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Re the TH preview of next week's season finale show on tonight's epi with Jessa and another girl (was it Jinger? I couldn't stop staring at Jessa so didn't notice)... WTH happened to Jessa's HAIR???!!! :pink-shock:

Argh I just deleted the show from my DVR so I can't rewatch it.... what happened?!?! Did she cut it funky or something?

Wait, can't they like not cut their hair or anything like that? That would piss their Momma off ;)

I think they will marry. I think Ben is currently getting set up to "provide" for her. So according to Mullet, Ben should expect anything from Jessa, such as a homecooked meal, BUT, they expect him to provide for her. Heaven forbid, she actually gets a JOB! :roll:

I hope Ben doesn't loose his focus on collage.

Argh I just deleted the show from my DVR so I can't rewatch it.... what happened?!?! Did she cut it funky or something?

Wait, can't they like not cut their hair or anything like that? That would piss their Momma off ;)

No... no... nothing like that (which would piss Jim Bob off more than Michelle methinks). Maybe more like this?

hilarious-wet-cats-9.jpg

Id hope she's engaged, I mean if this felt through a tumble/Twitter under your ex's last name with daily post about how much you love him, if that's not pieces of the heart being blown to smithereens, idk what is.

Also, I think it's interesting she decided to go ahead with social media before an announcement, more proof for my theory that the duggars have imaginary control over their kids.

Yeah, she's got to be, otherwise why wouldn't it be "jessaduggar" ?

Id hope she's engaged, I mean if this felt through a tumble/Twitter under your ex's last name with daily post about how much you love him, if that's not pieces of the heart being blown to smithereens, idk what is.

Also, I think it's interesting she decided to go ahead with social media before an announcement, more proof for my theory that the duggars have imaginary control over their kids.

Yeah, she's got to be, otherwise why wouldn't it be "jessaduggar" ?

i believe it's pronounced 'hy-men'.

I wonder what Jessa will choose for her wedding. Will she go all out because she is the princess of the family and want everything perfect and the biggest, flashiest of everything, or will she look disinterested and let Ben do all of the work because she thinks romance is bullshit.

I wonder what Jessa will choose for her wedding. Will she go all out because she is the princess of the family and want everything perfect and the biggest, flashiest of everything, or will she look disinterested and let Ben do all of the work because she thinks romance is bullshit.

Just wondering, where did the Jessa as the duggar princess get its start? I see Jill as the ideal fundie Daughter, modest, drunk on Kool-Aid, quick to remind others that their discontent is god's way of working through them, and she adopted the woman-suited path of midwifery so that she can be a noble missionary... I see Jill as having a over-the-top wedding which will be best described as pinterest throwing up on a church.

I see Jessa's wedding either much more tame. I mean look at the courtship proposal, not exactly overflowing with romance.

Maybe she saw Kim K lighten her hair for Kanye and thought that was a good idea for her to do for awesome Ben???

I did not read too far back responding to last night's episode, so I'd just like to throw my two cents into the ring. I cannot stand Ben's idiot comments about how Jessa looks while cooking!!! We heard him get all hot and bothered last week with her cooking his "fav." meal and this week with flour on her hands! It's just gross.

Just wondering, where did the Jessa as the duggar princess get its start? I see Jill as the ideal fundie Daughter, modest, drunk on Kool-Aid, quick to remind others that their discontent is god's way of working through them, and she adopted the woman-suited path of midwifery so that she can be a noble missionary... I see Jill as having a over-the-top wedding which will be best described as pinterest throwing up on a church.

I see Jessa's wedding either much more tame. I mean look at the courtship proposal, not exactly overflowing with romance.

Fundie Princess isn't used as "ideal girl" in this case -- princess in this case is used as "spoiled" or "feeling as if she's above others." She got the title because people see her as acting like a "princess."

And when they were younger, Jana gave Jessa her jewelry box to try to keep her from being a brat because her parents couldn't PARENT their children.

Fundie Princess isn't used as "ideal girl" in this case -- princess in this case is used as "spoiled" or "feeling as if she's above others." She got the title because people see her as acting like a "princess."

I have to admit, I've never seen the "princess" thing that people always talk about. I love the snide, sometimes bitchy stuff. Actual personality instead of keeping sweet.

I have to admit, I've never seen the "princess" thing that people always talk about. I love the snide, sometimes bitchy stuff. Actual personality instead of keeping sweet.

I haven't seen it either, but I know that's why people call her a fundie princess.

I did not read too far back responding to last night's episode, so I'd just like to throw my two cents into the ring. I cannot stand Ben's idiot comments about how Jessa looks while cooking!!! We heard him get all hot and bothered last week with her cooking his "fav." meal and this week with flour on her hands! It's just gross.

He gets horny watching her cook. That's a a no no :naughty: so I guess courting doesn't really suppress thoughts. Even with chaperones.

Wasn't Jessa strong willed and hard to tame ? With the whole jewelry box story. She was being a brat and was probably bored a hell and her parents couldn't parent her. She doesn't really like to cook or be a sister mom to her buddy. She got out of doing housework because she's courting. Maybe that's why people call her the princess of the bunch.

As do I. And interestingly enough, people love it too...but not from Jessa. If Jinger or anybody else is snarky (and let's be real, Jinger hasn't been snarky or shown true personality in years), it's "Go Jinger!". But if Jessa is snarky, she's called a bitch.

They have been doing this season though, cause Jessa is more in the spotlight, and has shown herself to have more personality than most of the others.

I love her snarkiness, it is awesome!

Its a shame about Jinger though :( She used to be like that, I think maybe she still has a bit of a spirit cause of her comment about wanting to live in the city, but I worry that without Jessa she will completely lose it. I miss her snark and weird facial expressions, and I don't want her to be completely crushed by her parents. She could be so much more than the Duggar who loves coffee.

As do I. And interestingly enough, people love it too...but not from Jessa. If Jinger or anybody else is snarky (and let's be real, Jinger hasn't been snarky or shown true personality in years), it's "Go Jinger!". But if Jessa is snarky, she's called a bitch.

Probably because she's so beautiful. You can't be so pretty and have a personality--it pisses people off.

I'm not crazy about Jessa because--while I love her blatant bitchiness and unsentimentality on their own--I suspect that those very qualities make her super obnoxious about her fundie beliefs. I can easily imagine her becoming a leader among women in fundie circles, and her parents specifically singled her out as the one who loves to preach to people, so the fact that she's marrying an abortion obsessed twit makes perfect sense.

I think Jessa got labeled as princessy because when she was picking on Jana when they were both little, Jana went to her parents and expected them to mediate the situation. Instead, they made Jana give Jessa her jewelry box. There's a video of Jana speaking at an event where she tells the story, and she basically has to spin it like it was a lesson in forgiveness and getting along with her sister, but people who have watched it have noted that Jana was close to tears while she told the story.

Kids can often be cruel to one another, and I hope they were both able to work it out in the end. I've got no problem with Jessa being snarky or even bitchy, but I'd like to think she eventually did the right thing and gave the box back to Jana. Poor Jana seems so emotional about it, even all these years later.

I think Jessa got labeled as princessy because when she was picking on Jana when they were both little, Jana went to her parents and expected them to mediate the situation. Instead, they made Jana give Jessa her jewelry box. There's a video of Jana speaking at an event where she tells the story, and she basically has to spin it like it was a lesson in forgiveness and getting along with her sister, but people who have watched it have noted that Jana was close to tears while she told the story.

Kids can often be cruel to one another, and I hope they were both able to work it out in the end. I've got no problem with Jessa being snarky or even bitchy, but I'd like to think she eventually did the right thing and gave the box back to Jana. Poor Jana seems so emotional about it, even all these years later.

It is probably the only remnant of her childhood that meant something to her. Possibly a gift pre-gothard and it symbolized the only thing that was "hers." Before they were rich with TLC money I HIGHLY DOUBT there were gifts for each kid or personal items for each kid to call their own.

Hasn't Jim bob and Michelle said that jessa was high maintenance when she was little? I'm sure I've heard that.

They both said she was hard to train didn't always obey along those lines I think they said strong-willed.

Which I say good for Jessa.

Don't know where the princess label comes from . I see most gushing over how "beautiful she is !!!"

For me she walks a very fine line between being no nonsense, sarcastic type of lady and a mean girl.

Probably because she's so beautiful. You can't be so pretty and have a personality--it pisses people off.

I'm not crazy about Jessa because--while I love her blatant bitchiness and unsentimentality on their own--I suspect that those very qualities make her super obnoxious about her fundie beliefs. I can easily imagine her becoming a leader among women in fundie circles, and her parents specifically singled her out as the one who loves to preach to people, so the fact that she's marrying an abortion obsessed twit makes perfect sense.

I think it is the bone structure. She has the high cheekbones and deep set eyes that make a person look intense/ could be construed as angry whenever they don't have a shit-eating grin on their face. I have the same issue, and I've been told by multiple people that they thought I was a bitch until they got to know me. And don't get me started on the number of old guys who thought it was acceptable to tell me that I dropped my smile (record is 7 in two hours!!!) :roll:

It is probably the only remnant of her childhood that meant something to her. Possibly a gift pre-gothard and it symbolized the only thing that was "hers." Before they were rich with TLC money I HIGHLY DOUBT there were gifts for each kid or personal items for each kid to call their own.

They decided to go quiverfull before Jana and JD were born (when J'Caleb was "aborted because of the pill"). They went full ATI when Josh was 5, so Jana could have been no older than 3. I highly doubt she'd remember anything before going full ATI (assuming that Gothardism hadn't already hooked them when they became quiverfull).

Also, I really don't think it's fair to call Jessa a princess or a brat because of this incident. Anyone with siblings has annoyed their sibling at some point or another, often resulting in the sibling tattling or attacking (at which point the instigator becomes a tattler). The problem here isn't Jessa, it's Michelle and JB. Instead of making Jana give up something, they should have instructed her to ignore Jessa and then gone and talked to Jessa themselves.

The same thing goes now: Jessa is being attacked for not doing (largely because the family is transitioning into not having her around to do those chores) the chores she shouldn't have to do in the first place because she has TWO able bodied parents WHO DO NOTHING all day except try to make more babies. Michelle stated in the TH that EACH of Jessa's chores requires TWO other children to fill in for her, yet everyone is focused on how much Jessa isn't doing now that she's courting.

Jessa and her sisters put up with a lot of shit at home, and I only hope they never read this site because I'd hate for them to feel like they should put up with even more shit.

Archived