IGNORED

Duggar/Bates Predictions

singsingsing

I think Jessa and Ben are already engaged, just in time to film everything for the new season. The season will begin with the proposal, then the wedding prep and than.. cliffhanger.. the wedding VSE, maybe starting the next season. Because Jessa doesn't seem to be so crazy about babies, I wonder if she will have the 'We leave the amount of children up to God- stuff' in her weddingvows.

Be that as it may, I have no doubt Boob will be the one front and center for the ceremony and not give her a choice. Amswer yes to daddy or look like a bitch in front of her guests and cameras.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa is only 2 years younger than me, an even though I like her from what I've seen on the show, I can't imagine her having babies this young.

I am convinced that either Kelly or Michelle will have #20. I don't know why, but I've always had that feeling. I can't imagine there being a tie. One of them has to "win", ya know?

God wants a tie. Neither one will have any more.

Jessa is only 2 years younger than me, an even though I like her from what I've seen on the show, I can't imagine her having babies this young.

If she marries she'll be having babies. She's been taught that birth control is a sin. She may rethink that after a few babies, but she won't on her honeymoon, which is when she'll probably get pregnant.

She'll be at least 22 by the time she has a baby, which isn't outrageously young or anything. Of course, her intended is barely an adult...

She'll be at least 22 by the time she has a baby, which isn't outrageously young or anything. Of course, her intended is barely an adult...

I always find it interesting what different people consider "young" in terms of baby having. I agree that 22 isn't "outrageously young", but if anyone in my family or circle of people had a baby that young it would be treated like an accident up until probably around 29 or 30. Not necessarily an unhappy one, but if my friends had started talking about babies at 22 I would have been incredibly shocked. However, in medical terms your fertility starts declining once you're 25, so it isn't unreasonable to start trying before then if you want to. Maybe it's urban vs. rural or suburban, where having babies that young is more accepted and financially viable. Suburban people tend to consider my friends "old moms", and they're like "... How could I have reasonably done this any sooner?".

Yeah, that's definitely not the norm in my experience. 22 would be considered young, but not crazy young. I live in a city with a high unemployment rate but the cost of living is actually relatively low and housing is affordable, so people can afford to have kids at a younger age. I'm 25 and I know several people my age and younger who have already had babies... some are on their second now.

No, I don't think 22 is crazy young.. but 32 with 6 kids is (and that's if she is 'lucky')

(I'm 26, a midwife and I see people my age coming in to deliver baby number 3..)

Yeah, that's definitely not the norm in my experience. 22 would be considered young, but not crazy young. I live in a city with a high unemployment rate but the cost of living is actually relatively low and housing is affordable, so people can afford to have kids at a younger age. I'm 25 and I know several people my age and younger who have already had babies... some are on their second now.

Personally, I think age 25 is just about the right age to marry, but where I live, we have a baby epidemic in our high school. Girls 16, 17 and younger are becoming mothers. Many have parents providing them with financial and emotional support but IMO, this isn't good for mother or child.

I really AM surprised that with Joy the age she is that at least two of the girls and J-D haven't announced courtships. I hope they are having "stealth" courtships and Jessa is the sacrificial lamb for tv. I also think it is very interesting that none of the Duggars have worked at ATI HQ--but perhaps that is a sign the ties are loosening? They DO go to events and trips, but working at HQ is kind of like a White House internship (probably in more ways than one).......

A Bates--Duggar Courtship? Yes, I could see Josiah, Jed or Jer with one of the "middle" Bates girls when they are a little older--(guy 20 and up, girl 18 or there about).

Edited. We don't speculate on the sexualities of minors, especially those living with and entirely in the power of homophobic and controlling families.

I am also surprised that none of the Duggars have been shipped to ATI HQ. I predict that in 2014 a Duggar child will be shipped to HQ--or will get to go off on a "mission" trip lasting 2 weeks or longer--or will be shipped to DC to do an "internship" with Joshie at the FRC

Isn't Nathan Bates trying to organize some kind of mission trip? I bet some of the Duggars will go on that. I think Jill will for sure.

I really hope they don't get shipped off to HQ for internship. Not the girls anyway. Gothard likes to molest his interns, and all of the Jslaves are really really pretty, so may be targeted by him :(

I really hope they don't get shipped off to HQ for internship. Not the girls anyway. Gothard likes to molest his interns, and all of the Jslaves are really really pretty, so may be targeted by him :(

You'd think he would be smarter than to target girls from fundie royalty. They are not as sheltered as other SAHDs, he wouldn't risk it would he?

Maybe not, I imagine he is quite smart to run a cult and peddle all this bullshit, while molesting teen girls, for all these years without getting caught out. Although I guess part of his success at doing this and not getting caught is through creating this culture where he is seen as almost God, and making sure girls know that they are worthless in their culture, if theyre molested or raped its their fault for dressing immodestly, they have to be completely submissive to authority, being so sheltered they might not recognise abuse, and if they are touched by someone who they are married to, theyre damaged goods and ruined forever and no man would ever want them.

Any predictions on which Duggars will show for the DC March for Life "Meet and Greet" next Wednesday? [crossmap.christianpost.com/news/duggar-family-an-invitation-to-meet-and-greet-on-capitol-hill-8441]

Do we think Jessa and Ben will be trotted out for the fans, or do you think they are being kept hidden in order to let TLC reveal their courtship/engagement secrets in a show? If I remember correctly, Anna's latest pregnancy, which TLC was trying to hide, was confirmed by inadvertent comments on social media during last year's March for Life.

Any predictions on which Duggars will show for the DC March for Life "Meet and Greet" next Wednesday? [crossmap.christianpost.com/news/duggar-family-an-invitation-to-meet-and-greet-on-capitol-hill-8441]

Do we think Jessa and Ben will be trotted out for the fans, or do you think they are being kept hidden in order to let TLC reveal their courtship/engagement secrets in a show? If I remember correctly, Anna's latest pregnancy, which TLC was trying to hide, was confirmed by inadvertent comments on social media during last year's March for Life.

I think the whole duggar clan will show up,as many as possible,josh and family of course,too.ben,maybe not,they may want viewers to guess about that one.then again,he was at the bates weddings.

I think the whole duggar clan will show up,as many as possible,josh and family of course,too.ben,maybe not,they may want viewers to guess about that one.then again,he was at the bates weddings.

All of them. Josie centerstage.

Maybe not, I imagine he is quite smart to run a cult and peddle all this bullshit, while molesting teen girls, for all these years without getting caught out. Although I guess part of his success at doing this and not getting caught is through creating this culture where he is seen as almost God, and making sure girls know that they are worthless in their culture, if theyre molested or raped its their fault for dressing immodestly, they have to be completely submissive to authority, being so sheltered they might not recognise abuse, and if they are touched by someone who they are married to, theyre damaged goods and ruined forever and no man would ever want them.

One I always thought that Bill probably knows how to dance right up to the line but not step over it. He might be more careful with the daughters of other fundie big-shots but even they are probably getting attention that is more subtle.

But Ben's so vocal about being anti-abortion. How could he miss it?

Isn't Nathan Bates trying to organize some kind of mission trip? I bet some of the Duggars will go on that. I think Jill will for sure.
---

Heres from the Fan Page of The Bates Family on Facebook--it sounds like a typical church vacation/mission trip. So medical people and helpers.

Me and Nathan Bates tonight at McDonalds after church. He came to share the burden of his mission trip to the Philippines after the typhoon hit recently. He will be leaving along with Lawson, and John Duggar on January 27th for 3 weeks to help provide medical care for those in need. He asks for prayers.

Bet he is going to ATI. They have a training center in the Philippines and Gothard has his own medical group that dispenses Gothard approved medical assistance.

Do you know this for a fact? If it's true, why hasn't someone exposed him? There are plenty of ex ATIers who have no reason to keep silent.

There are plenty of stories on Recovering Grace about people who have experienced or witnessed Gothard's creepiness.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/06/ ... epentance/

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/04/ ... innocence/

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2012/05/ ... ent-at-hq/

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/ ... dquarters/

He picks out his prettiest interns (some as young as 14, and especially blondes) and gives them compliments and uncomfortable, inappropriate physical contact-hugging them, putting his hand on their legs, touching their feet and just generally getting too close and being too creepy.

I don't know why he hasn't gotten in trouble for this, if a regular non cult leaderish man was acting like that to 14 year olds, or doing this sort of things to women in the workplace, they would probably lose their job and get in trouble with the police. It seems that this issue is being ignored.

Archived