IGNORED

Odds and ends at the Maxwells

SPHASH

Anyone in any doubt that Stevie reads here needs an hour in the prayer closet. :naughty:

This is my grape juice influenced comment, heavily edited by Stevie to remove references to the Australian, but popular in the UK soap opera and names changed. I'd signed it Dr Karl and Susan - two long serving characters. Stevie changes their names to Allen, Alan Fletcher plays Karl Kennedy in Neighbours. then ads a smile. So either him or Teri did a Google search.

You can have that on me Stevie. :angry-banghead:

But another comment got through which must be a FJ as it sings the theme tune. :clap:

Teri will have to hold him accountable for frivolous googling when she gets his Internet log this month.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Maxwell neighborhood luncheon sounds pretty hideous. They have "round-table discussions" with each one. Last year, it was to "share a highlight of the past year". The year before, it also included "if they [guests] wanted to, they could tell about their saddest time". There can be no spontaneity with the Maxwells. Heaven forbid if people just get together and share stories of stuff that they want to talk about. Knowing the Maxwells, I bet they treat the entire process like a work conference. Even a neighborhood brunch must be carefully regulated, controlled and turned into something boring.

For all of their blathering about being great conversationalists, the fact that they have to plan what they can discuss at a luncheon says opposite. I don't think that the younger Maxwells even understand how to have an organic conversation. I would bet that they don't know that you can start a conversation talking about bean burrito Sundays and twenty minutes later be talking about the missing Malaysia airplane (not that I think Steve has told them about it). They likely have no idea that you can have a luncheon or party and just let topics pop up.

As to the crying about Nathan moving across the street, I wonder if a lot of it was fear that something will happen to him now that he is not inside Steve's tightly controlled lair. I wonder if the young female Maxwells are especially terrified of the idea of Steve not watching over them and thus becoming a victim of the heathens outside the door. In their minds, Steve has kept them "safe" all these years. The idea of leaving must be scary for them all.

Anyone in any doubt that Stevie reads here needs an hour in the prayer closet. :naughty:

This is my grape juice influenced comment, heavily edited by Stevie to remove references to the Australian, but popular in the UK soap opera and names changed. I'd signed it Dr Karl and Susan - two long serving characters. Stevie changes their names to Allen, Alan Fletcher plays Karl Kennedy in Neighbours. then ads a smile. So either him or Teri did a Google search.

You can have that on me Stevie. :angry-banghead:

But another comment got through which must be a FJ as it sings the theme tune. :clap:

As much as it pains me to say this...well played, Steve, well played.

But, something tells me johnhugh won't be defeated for long.

Teri will have to hold him accountable for frivolous googling when she gets his Internet log this month.

Stevie is accountable to no one.

Oh, please. If you believe Steve allows Teri to monitor his internet usage, then I've got a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I noticed at the dinner picture that Joshua was sitting with Christopher...obviously he was helping him eat so Anna (Marie) could have a meal in peace.

Small thing, but for being raised the way Christopher was, I think it was pretty cool.

Oh, and I'm a bit drunk, so don't throw virtual chairs at me.

I think both Christopher and Nathan truly love their wives and probably help out a lot more than Steve ever helped Teri. I don't know why I think that, but maybe just because they saw their mom struggle and don't want their wives to go there. I mean, their whole family empire (the dog and pony show) is based on the fact that Steve was a jackass and didn't help Teri when she had only the original 3 kids. And then he rode his high horse to the doctor, got his V-snip reversed, and continued to burden Teri with kids. She survived, but not without Pepsi, and even that was taken from her eventually.

I also think Melanie is too smart to let Nathan do that to her. I'm not sure if NR-Anna could fight it off given another couple of kids, but time will tell.

Stevie is accountable to no one.

Yet he loves bragging about how he allows Teri to monitor his media use and hold him accountable. God knows what the woman who isn't allowed to remind her headship to pick up pizza would be permitted to say or do if she found anything objectionable though.

Teri should just leave. Let Steve live alone in his own bubble. Take the kids with her. She still has a little but of rebellion in her. I hope

I think both Christopher and Nathan truly love their wives and probably help out a lot more than Steve ever helped Teri. I don't know why I think that, but maybe just because they saw their mom struggle and don't want their wives to go there. I mean, their whole family empire (the dog and pony show) is based on the fact that Steve was a jackass and didn't help Teri when she had only the original 3 kids. And then he rode his high horse to the doctor, got his V-snip reversed, and continued to burden Teri with kids. She survived, but not without Pepsi, and even that was taken from her eventually.

I also think Melanie is too smart to let Nathan do that to her. I'm not sure if NR-Anna could fight it off given another couple of kids, but time will tell.

The fact that Steve decided to reverse his vasectomy and burden his depressed wife with more kids just shows he's a asshole of the highest order.

Also, agree that Nathan seems more considerate about his wife. Not sure about Christopher though. After finally watching their wedding video a few weeks ago, he sounded like he was a Steve mini-me with his death talk. Hope I am wrong though, for NR-Anna's sake.

The fact that Steve decided to reverse his vasectomy and burden his depressed wife with more kids just shows he's a asshole of the highest order.

Also, agree that Nathan seems more considerate about his wife. Not sure about Christopher though. After finally watching their wedding video a few weeks ago, he sounded like he was a Steve mini-me with his death talk. Hope I am wrong though, for NR-Anna's sake.

Yeah, but that was before he'd ever had sex. I think he's seeing the redeeming value in women now that he has been laid a few times.

Yeah, but that was before he'd ever had sex. I think he's seeing the redeeming value in women now that he has been laid a few times.

Right and maybe seeing his wife birth a couple of kids maybe makes him a bit more appreciative as well. One can hope.

NR Anna does seem truly, often even radiantly, happy, which speaks well for her marriage and the way Christopher treats her.

Steve is a lying liar who lies. Sure, delete comments that don't agree with him or are making fun of him, most fundies do that-but it takes a special kind of lying asshole to edit those comments into asskissing him.

NR Anna does seem truly, often even radiantly, happy, which speaks well for her marriage and the way Christopher treats her.

I think NR Anna also has a different personality to Teri and has been bathed in the koolaid since conception. I think it must be much harder to give up your rights (even 'voluntarily') than to be brought up in a world where you don't have any.

I think NR Anna also has a different personality to Teri and has been bathed in the koolaid since conception. I think it must be much harder to give up your rights (even 'voluntarily') than to be brought up in a world where you don't have any.

True. NR-Anna was already drunk with the koolaid when she thought it was a good idea (oh, sorry, when her FATHER thought it was a good idea) to marry a Maxwell. But she seems to have adapted to it well. Well, after she got over the horror of their wedding ceremony and the probably 2 months it took to consummate their marriage.

And scarily, that's yet another theme in The Handmaid's Tale. Offred reflects how the next generation will have known nothing but the repressive regime of Gilead, that it will be part of everyday life.

Of course, the upside of that kind of complacency is that it does eventually lead people to question, explore and eventually decided to risk sailing off the end of a flat earth in search of new horizons.

And scarily, that's yet another theme in The Handmaid's Tale. Offred reflects how the next generation will have known nothing but the repressive regime of Gilead, that it will be part of everyday life.

Of course, the upside of that kind of complacency is that it does eventually lead people to question, explore and eventually decided to risk sailing off the end of a flat earth in search of new horizons.

Oh, FREAK, that book was scary! I had a nightmare (about a world where women were forbidden to read) after reading it, so I had to reread it immediately in order to desensitize myself.

They are so obtuse.

post-2574-14451998732894_thumb.jpg

It's obvious this reader is talking about NR Anna dressing up her daughter, but cause the reader didn't say Anna-Marie in the second paragraph, the Maxwells make one of their rare replies to deliberately misunderstand and point out that the reader MUST be talking about Reversal Anna because their decree to rename her wasn't followed.

They are so obtuse.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396325126.171762.jpg[/attachment]

It's obvious this reader is talking about NR Anna dressing up her daughter, but cause the reader didn't say Anna-Marie in the second paragraph, the Maxwells make one of their rare replies to deliberately misunderstand and point out that the reader MUST be talking about Reversal Anna because their decree to rename her wasn't followed.

Hook, line, and sinker. :whistle:

Yet he loves bragging about how he allows Teri to monitor his media use and hold him accountable. God knows what the woman who isn't allowed to remind her headship to pick up pizza would be permitted to say or do if she found anything objectionable though.

He's bragging because he has enough computer skills to get around the "Covenant Eyes" or whatever they have and still convince Teri his internet surfing is clean. He runs an IT "school," so it's not like he doesn't know how. But hell, even a numbskull could stop by the library and use Google to find out how to circumvent it. Not hard.

They are so obtuse.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396325126.171762.jpg[/attachment]

Oh, to me that sounds like the aunties have a great time watching the kids when they give the parents a break.

Oh, to me that sounds like the aunties have a great time watching the kids when they give the parents a break.

Possibly, but considering how rarely the Maxwells respond to reader comments, even those with direct questions, I doubt it.

Archived