IGNORED

Amy Duggar's show "A Duggar Leaves Home" - MERGE

NotALoserLikeYou

Kinda guessed this was coming, for a while now shes been posting 'cryptic' pics on instagram and been jetting off all over the place.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we'll get to see Grandma Mary actually getting to have fun. Seems like she's traveled with Amy quite a bit lately.

I think that's a little optimistic of you.

It will be canceled during the first commercial break. Why, TLC, why????????????

Famy's last name is Jordan. She uses the Duggar name to get celebrity status. Famy should get a real job, and stop riding on her Aunt and Uncle's TLC coat tails. I wonder where the Duggars would be if TLC never filmed with them.

Famy's last name is Jordan. She uses the Duggar name to get celebrity status. Famy should get a real job, and stop riding on her Aunt and Uncle's TLC coat tails. I wonder where the Duggars would be if TLC never filmed with them.

Still living in a 3 BR, 2 bath ranch wearing frumpers with Howlers stacked like cordwood....though I bet they would've married off every eligible Duggar adult-child by now!

None of the media coverage about this says she is getting a "series." All of the coverage uses the word "special" which I understand to mean a one off, standalone one time show. Perhaps if the ratings are really high (and do any of us think they will be? Hell no!), she MIGHT then be given a series.

So what will this show be called? 19 Ex-Boyfriends and Counting? I kid, I kid.

Maybe we'll get to see Grandma Mary actually getting to have fun. Seems like she's traveled with Amy quite a bit lately.

I'm not a Amy fan, but I do think she has genuine loving fun relationship with Grandma Mary.

Awh come on folks, it might be interesting. Maybe she needs to switch from country to pop music. She doesn't sound horrible. I think she needs a better engineer for her sound. I have nothing against country music, but her voice just isn't for it. Oh and do you think JB is using her as a good example to why dating is wrong? Those were a lot of pieces of her heart. Dang, does she have any heart left :lol:

In this economy, it seems like the only way to get a paycheck is to be on a reality show. Maybe I'm the real dunce for going to graduate school rather than amping up my freak potential to land a pilot. :doh:

So what will this show be called? 19 Ex-Boyfriends and Counting? I kid, I kid.

I can totally see TLC doing this! You need to get a copyright on that concept ASAP.

I'd rather watch paint dry. Or have a root canal.

She's had more coverage and visibility than most singers. If she hasn't made it by now, then she won't make it at all. That's just the truth.

I'd rather watch paint dry. Or have a root canal.

At least with a root canal you generally get some decent drugs.

So I went over to Spotify to scope out some Amy Duggar songs. Believe it or not, Deanna has more on Spotify (1 album) than Amy does (1/2 of a Jesus duet w/ mom). This is one of the reasons she's NOT making it. If at least an album or two isn't out there on the most traveled music sites, forget it. Nobody will ever know your name. Accessibility is huge these days.

/Also, that Deanna album was one of the most wretched things I've ever heard. I truly took one for the team with that. Never again. Awful. Horrible. Just horrible.

I think one of the reasons Amy hasn't made it yet, is because she doesn't perform all that much. I haven't been to her music site in awhile, but last year there was no booking info. Based on her social networking activities, she doesn't seem to ever perform with a band or anything else. Many singers trying to make it, will perform at weddings and other events as much as they can. It is a bit surprising that Amy hasn't used her appearances on 19kac as a way of promoting herself to get singing gigs.

DGayle and lilwriter85 both hit the nail on the head. Amy has had "nationwide" tv exposure for years, and she rarely seems to actually get out there and perform (or rehearse). She's not going to make it, and doesn't deserve to. She's an insult to those hardworking singers out there who rehearse daily and take every gig they can get.

I think one of the reasons Amy hasn't made it yet, is because she doesn't perform all that much. I haven't been to her music site in awhile, but last year there was no booking info. Based on her social networking activities, she doesn't seem to ever perform with a band or anything else. Many singers trying to make it, will perform at weddings and other events as much as they can. It is a bit surprising that Amy hasn't used her appearances on 19kac as a way of promoting herself to get singing gigs.

That and she can't sing well enough. She reminds me of the parade of thousands on the singing the competitions. She wouldn't get through the first round.

And this is probably small potatoes, but it drives me nuts that she goes by "Amy Duggar" when that is not her name. She's just sucking on the Duggar fame teat.

Amy Duggar IS her name...

She was born out of wedlock. So she was technically born a Duggar.

Amy Duggar IS her name...

She was born out of wedlock. So she was technically born a Duggar.

Reaaaaally? For some reason, I swear I've seen an article about her where it gave her actual name and in parantheses had "Duggar". Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

She used the name Amy Jordyn (her father's name) until she decided to ride the Duggar shirt tails. Her mother seems to have given her the father's last name which is very, very common.

Archived