IGNORED

Amy Duggar's show "A Duggar Leaves Home" - MERGE

NotALoserLikeYou

About "The Speegle Life".....their church is Movement Church in Madison, AL. They are not fundie or fundie-lite. Here's some links:

movementalabama.com/#home

facebook.com/movementalabama

The church is near my future in-laws. I might go to a service just to see exactly what their about. They do seem to be a little heavy on wanting donations, though.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In this economy, it seems like the only way to get a paycheck is to be on a reality show. Maybe I'm the real dunce for going to graduate school rather than amping up my freak potential to land a pilot. :doh:

Especially for people who've done a reality show. So many people return to either a spin-off or reunion season. Eventually, they start convincing themselves that they are actors. It's like they feel they're too good for a job that doesn't encompass cameras following them around.

I will be watching the show tonight, if only for the hope TLC uses this as an opportunity to roast on Amy. I hate her mediocre, over-embellished singing. But I <3 snarking. Dilemma!

Neither episodes from last week were broadcast, so I didn't get to see the Amy trainwreck (I did see the engagement episode on YT.) Sometimes, our TLC station is a week behind.

She's surely cute enough - but I don't hear anything special in her voice that I haven't heard before...

But I also hate country music with a fiery passion, so I'm probably not the best judge...

Especially for people who've done a reality show. So many people return to either a spin-off or reunion season. Eventually, they start convincing themselves that they are actors. It's like they feel they're too good for a job that doesn't encompass cameras following them around.

How about a reality show about grad school? It can show late nights of studying and going out to happy hour to cope with our copious amount of work. Then there can be a spin-off show about the desperate search for a job.

As far as Youtube wants to tell me, Amy has an album. (youtube.com/watch?v=oG1M8PdvqW0). I haven't read the entire thread or watched the "special" yet so this may have been discussed but what a strange premise for the show when this exists (if it is real?). Also that...hair. And makeup. :ew:

As far as Youtube wants to tell me, Amy has an album. (youtube.com/watch?v=oG1M8PdvqW0). I haven't read the entire thread or watched the "special" yet so this may have been discussed but what a strange premise for the show when this exists (if it is real?). Also that...hair. And makeup. :ew:

I found that on youtube a week or two ago as well. It could very well be a self produced album. You can buy studio time and then record whatever you want. Other fundie families do it as well as aspiring musicians. So I'm wondering if this special was just a means to get her closer to that "goal" of hers.

The title was extremely misleading. She didn't leave home and go to Nashville. She took mom and grandma and went for two whole weeks to try and make it big. Now I'll give her credit for working and saving for years to make this happen, but two weeks? Yeah okay. I'm going to go up to NYC and give myself two weeks to make it on broadway. Then I'll give myself two weeks in LA to see if I can do hollywood. That should be enough time right? :roll:

Yeah, worked and saved and then went just to do a special for TLC on TLC's dime.

I was slightly interested when they said she was leaving for Nashville. Very disappointed that it was just a staged two week vacation with a paycheck. If they want to do a spinoff....move her to Nashville, ditch her mother and grandma and really let her stand on her own for awhile. Get the Duggar out of her and it might be interesting to some. DO NOT let the Duggars or Smuggars come to visit.

I truly thought that it was about her actually MOVING to Nashville, and Grandma happened to go with for a bit to help her move or something..

It was truly just an interview-fest of "tell us how amazing Amy is"

I was slightly interested when they said she was leaving for Nashville. Very disappointed that it was just a staged two week vacation with a paycheck. If they want to do a spinoff....move her to Nashville, ditch her mother and grandma and really let her stand on her own for awhile. Get the Duggar out of her and it might be interesting to some. DO NOT let the Duggars or Smuggars come to visit.

I truly thought that it was about her actually MOVING to Nashville, and Grandma happened to go with for a bit to help her move or something..

It was truly just an interview-fest of "tell us how amazing Amy is"

I did, too. I was thoroughly disappointed to find out that it was all lies. But I can't say I'm terribly surprised. TLC does this shit all the time. I would be slightly interested in seeing her attempt to live on her own without the Duggars and without mom and grandma around, but I would be way more interested in seeing an actual Duggar do it.

I suspect that Amy thinks her real break will come from the tv specials and not actually from her quick trip to Nashville. The specials will get her a much wider audience than an open mike night.

I suspect that Amy thinks her real break will come from the tv specials and not actually from her quick trip to Nashville. The specials will get her a much wider audience than an open mike night.

I feel like her association with the Duggars could be a disadvantage. Sure, it gets her name out there, but what producer/music label would want to put up with Jim Boob dragging his brood and grandbrood around to stick his nose in things?

I feel like her association with the Duggars could be a disadvantage. Sure, it gets her name out there, but what producer/music label would want to put up with Jim Boob dragging his brood and grandbrood around to stick his nose in things?

I agree with this to an extent. All the producer has to do is book gigs that contain alcohol or women in low cut shirts/short shorts and the JB won't go near it. After seeing how Grandma acted and knowing how business savy JB is, I can see him attempting to be her manager (bc he would totally know what he's doing :roll: ) in an effort to keep her pure. And I'm betting TLC would be A-okay with that bc of the obnoxious drama it would cause.

So this super hyped-up special is seriously about a woman of 27 who goes on an interview trip and takes along two generations of her maternal ancestors for support?

So this super hyped-up special is seriously about a woman of 27 who goes on an interview trip and takes along two generations of her maternal ancestors for support?

Pretty much ..

:lol: Basically

I would START listening to country music if a producer came out and said that

Amy is 27 and sooo nervous about trying out something she hopes to make her career. She needs her mom and grandma with her at her trial recordings. They actually take care of her by speaking up to the person in charge (telling him that he is speaking too harshly when Amy starts to lose it).

I'm beginning to see that Amy's "worldliness" is an act. She doesn't seem to be more worldly than Jill or Jana with their travel experiences. Even if she wears pants and dates instead of courting, and knows how to say "crap".

I'm happy that Amy had Mary for support. But I feel terrible for the lost J'Girls who had to wander around with dirty wrinkled clothes for two weeks. Who needs Grandma more?

Sometimes a woman has to make tough decisions, huh.

I'm happy that Amy had Mary for support. But I feel terrible for the lost J'Girls who had to wander around with dirty wrinkled clothes for two weeks. Who needs Grandma more?

Sometimes a woman has to make tough decisions, huh.

No worries about the wrinkles! JoylessAnna just had to work harder.

When Jeremiah asked her "Have you written a song?", I think that said it all. No, she probably can't read music much less write a song. She can't match a pitch OR learn someone else's song easily. She needs to get a voice coach, a music theory teacher, and a gig on the street and in the open mike clubs to cut her teeth and practice.

When Jeremiah asked her "Have you written a song?", I think that said it all. No, she probably can't read music much less write a song. She can't match a pitch OR learn someone else's song easily. She needs to get a voice coach, a music theory teacher, and a gig on the street and in the open mike clubs to cut her teeth and practice.

How do you expect to go to Nashville for two whole weeks and make it big as a singer if you don't even have any songs written? Chess takes a decent amount of intelligence to master. Jer could very well be exceeding despite his family's ignorance and lack of providing a decent education.

Archived