IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

I hope the schedule sheet shown was out of date because Josiah is still assigned to the bathrooms jurisdiction. How many years has it been?

I couldn't tell whether David's response was literal or gently pointing out the sexism. I have no doubt about his general view on gender roles, but my sense was that he didn't see why a little girl couldn't play in a puddle.

I'll guess around October/November.

I think that the schedule is out of date because, I know that Joyless is on laundry duty with Grandma.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro-life want death. They are more pro-death than us, pro-choice. They want mother to commit suicid. You know what Duggar ? If I would not have abortion, I would have try with an hanger, or I would have killed the baby at his birth. But I guess that for you, it's better to kill a living baby than a bunch of cells.

I prefer to call them "pro-birth" because many of them are also against assistance so once that baby is out of the womb it's mom's problem, not theirs.

Not sure if anybody's discussing this yet, but I saw a post on the Pickles and Hairspray fb about this page:

//bates-family-photos.tumblr.com/

Not sure who's page this is, but there's some speculation about anther young man spending time with the Duggars.

I'm worried about this dude that might be courting Jinger (or Jana?). I feel like it would be so easy for one of those girls to get caught up in being jealous of their sisters courting, so jump into courtship and marriage with a guy that isn't right for them. I get the uneasy feeling that that's the only way any of the Duggars are going to escape the cult life- by getting married to someone that isn't right for them and getting divorced.

:think: Maybe Jonathan Stieger is in the very early 'getting to know' phases with a Dugarette, and hasn't met Ben Seewald yet, but Jill followed him to suss him out for her sister.

Wow, Joy actually looks happy in this picture. Maybe she has drunk the kool-aid and just really hates being filmed for the show? :(

Joy looks unhappy/bored when she is following her sisters around doing "girl" stuff--talking about courtship/marriage/clothing/hair, shopping, doing female-approved household chores. Look who surrounds her in this photo where she looks happy. Perhaps I am projecting because my position in my family was similar to Joy's. I had no interest in the stuff that girls were ostensibly interested in, and I much preferred to be outdoors and active, which, coincidently, is where my brothers were. As far as I was concerned, the boys had a better deal, and I was not interested in conforming to the ideas my parents had about what girls should do/be. So, when I was forced to follow my female relatives around stores while they discussed the "cuteness" of different items of clothing, I, too, rolled my eyes, sighed, and looked at the ceiling a lot.

Yea, well, it's almost May. 5 or 6 months after filming the premiere.

That's my point. Some people saying that her weight is just from previous pregnancies. That's obviously not the case from this photo

I have no idea if Anna is pregnant or not. I mean, in that video she does look pregnant but maybe she just fluctuates a lot. I don't really have much to add in that department. I hope her weight isn't fluctuating THAT much and that often though, cause that isn't healthy.

I do have one opinion though. In that video where Anna and Priscilla are talking about God's word and the babies keep screaming, I had to remind myself that Anna is the younger sister. Because she is, right? But the way she is looking at Priscilla is the way of an older, more mature and loving big sister. She is letting Priscilla ramble on a little bit, and Anna probably realises that Pricsilla is rambling but allows. It's just an odd but very patient look.

It's how I look at my little sister when she acts silly or very young but still her age.

Dang...what's with all the Roe vs Wade shirts? Looks like Ben is rubbing off on them. Looks like the WHOLE family is wearing them :shifty-kitty:

Do they even know what roe vs wade is?

I'm just skeeved out by the fact they are forcing the little ones to wear those shirts. It's not like they have a choice at that age, but I guess Boob and J'chelle are using that to their advantage. :roll:

I'm sorry, but the t-shirts say it all: it can no longer be denied what a threat these people are to the freedoms currently enjoyed by those of us in the U.S. But people will continue to give them airspace because they are "cute, charming, and not hurting anyone." MY ASS.

I'm just skeeved out by the fact they are forcing the little ones to wear those shirts. It's not like they have a choice at that age, but I guess Boob and J'chelle are using that to their advantage. :roll:

I'm sorry, but the t-shirts say it all: it can no longer be denied what a threat these people are to the freedoms currently enjoyed by those of us in the U.S. But people will continue to give them airspace because they are "cute, charming, and not hurting anyone." MY ASS.

EXACTLY. They have no choice - they are anti-pro-choice. Not just pro-life, but anti choice for everything and everyone.

I do have one opinion though. In that video where Anna and Priscilla are talking about God's word and the babies keep screaming, I had to remind myself that Anna is the younger sister. Because she is, right? But the way she is looking at Priscilla is the way of an older, more mature and loving big sister. She is letting Priscilla ramble on a little bit, and Anna probably realises that Pricsilla is rambling but allows. It's just an odd but very patient look.

It's how I look at my little sister when she acts silly or very young but still her age.

I noticed that too! It reminds me of how my cousin acts toward his sister who has special needs. She's older, but he still patiently listens to her when she is having trouble getting a thought out.

That's my point. Some people saying that her weight is just from previous pregnancies. That's obviously not the case from this photo

Oh, ok. Gotcha. 8-)

I noticed that too! It reminds me of how my cousin acts toward his sister who has special needs. She's older, but he still patiently listens to her when she is having trouble getting a thought out.

Oh my gosh, me too! Very much how I let my 3-year-old explain things while patiently listening. Anna even helped Priscilla start that Bible verse, like I would help prompt my daughter.

Joy looks unhappy/bored when she is following her sisters around doing "girl" stuff--talking about courtship/marriage/clothing/hair, shopping, doing female-approved household chores. Look who surrounds her in this photo where she looks happy. Perhaps I am projecting because my position in my family was similar to Joy's. I had no interest in the stuff that girls were ostensibly interested in, and I much preferred to be outdoors and active, which, coincidently, is where my brothers were. As far as I was concerned, the boys had a better deal, and I was not interested in conforming to the ideas my parents had about what girls should do/be. So, when I was forced to follow my female relatives around stores while they discussed the "cuteness" of different items of clothing, I, too, rolled my eyes, sighed, and looked at the ceiling a lot.

I agree. I wonder if it is also because she gets to fight for something, and that is more her style. When I drank the kool aid, I loved any form of activism. I'm a passionate person, and love to put up a fight on almost everything. On the other hand, I HATEd the domestics, and having to attend all-girls/women church events used to frustrate the dickens out of me.

EXACTLY. They have no choice - they are anti-pro-choice. Not just pro-life, but anti choice for everything and everyone.

They can live their life how they want but others can't. Hypocrites. It's disgusting they are having their kids participate in this bs.

Check out the two most recent videos on David and Priscilla's youtube. Its hard to deny Anna is pregnant. Especially in these screenshots (shes the one with her head cut off in both).

EVz4hx9.png

ouvL6fh.png

The shirt isn't long enough to cover the maternity panel?

Archived