IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

Weren't they pregnant at the same time when Anna was pregnant with Mackenzie and Michelle with Josie?

Yes, from Father's Day (remember Boob snickering about that when they made the "announcement" during the Redneck Waterslide episode of the show) to October when Mack was born. So yeah, about 4 months overlap.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just Michelle's age that is against her having another pregnancy - didn't she have a vertical incision for her c-section with Josie? That makes subsequent pregnancies very difficult... I don't think she will become pregnant again.

bal maiden--does the vertical incision c-section make conception difficult? or just carrying the baby to term? or just delivering it safely? I also don't think she will become pregnant again either--at her age, the ability to become pregnant, & stay pregnant, is really low.

Anyway, did you notice the multiple leghumpers congratulating Josh on pregnancy #4 last evening? Do you think they are just picking up on speculation on FJ, or do you think he was blabbing about it at National Prayer Week events around DC this week?

Oh my gosh, me too! Very much how I let my 3-year-old explain things while patiently listening. Anna even helped Priscilla start that Bible verse, like I would help prompt my daughter.

Which, BTW, is in Romans not Hebrews.

I have a vertical incision and it was from an emergency uterine surgery before I tried having kids. I had no issues getting pregnant but had 5 miscarriages in the 12-16 weeks range. I also had to have early planned C-sections. I had 2 kids. They planned both at 34 weeks and I made it to 36 and 34 weeks with my kids. The scar tissue after baby #2 was so bad they could not close my C-section. They had to leave it open and pack it. It was more horrible then anything in my pregnancy. I glad I had to kids and had them in my late 20's and have let my body heal(my stomach muscles still are not back to normal).

I live in Utah, land of babies, and I only found 1 ob/gyn on my insurance that wanted to work with someone with a vertical incision.

Love to know why it is so easy for Michelle to find a dr in Arkansas who is willing to work with someone with like 1000 risk factors. They must make her sign away all of her rights to sue.

Do we know for sure she had a vertical, or are we assuming?

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but from what my cousin's said of her experience as the recipient of an emergency C-section, most emergency C-sections are vertical because it's easier and faster to get the baby out.

So that's my third- or fourth-hand guesstimate that Michelle's probably had a vertical incision.

I don't know if there's been any mention of it on the show or her "blog."

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but from what my cousin's said of her experience as the recipient of an emergency C-section, most emergency C-sections are vertical because it's easier and faster to get the baby out.

So that's my third- or fourth-hand guesstimate that Michelle's probably had a vertical incision.

I don't know if there's been any mention of it on the show or her "blog."

I had an emergency, and I did not have a vertical. I would not assume mullet had a vertical. Pre-eclampsia requires the baby to be delivered, not always in a "crash" situation.

I also had an emergency premature pre-eclampsia section with a regular incision, not vertical. But Josie was 4 weeks earlier than my kids. At 25 weeks I think they do vertical sometimes because the baby is still so low in the abdomen. I think it's a safe bet for Michelle to have had a vertical, but who knows.

I had an emergency, and I did not have a vertical. I would not assume mullet had a vertical. Pre-eclampsia requires the baby to be delivered, not always in a "crash" situation.

I thought I had put in enough disclaimers, but I guess it doesn't matter if you're wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought I had put in enough disclaimers, but I guess it doesn't matter if you're wrong! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't mean to imply you were wrong. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just wondering if mullet said she had a vertical or we were guessing.

I didn't mean to imply you were wrong. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just wondering if mullet said she had a vertical or we were guessing.

No, it didn't. I was just guessing and putting out my reasoning for why I guessed that way. I don't actually know what's common in those situations, hence all the disclaimers.

I'm guessing my cousin's was a "crash" situation though because there was a hospital inquest as to why it took so long to get the baby out. Their definition of "long" in her instance was 15 minutes! Ideal was 5.

ETA: I didn't realize there was nuance to "emergency C-section." There's emergency, and EMERGENCY.

I also had an emergency premature pre-eclampsia section with a regular incision, not vertical. But Josie was 4 weeks earlier than my kids. At 25 weeks I think they do vertical sometimes because the baby is still so low in the abdomen. I think it's a safe bet for Michelle to have had a vertical, but who knows.

I remember her saying that she would need a c-section for Jubilee's birth (when they announced the pregnancy on the Today Show) because of her incision from Josie's c-section. Also Sarah Pope (whose son was a 24 weeker and was in the nicu with Josie) wrote on her blog that having a c-section with her son would have meant a virtical incision and would make it more difficult to have more children:

I had been told that a c-section would be better for the baby but because they would have to make a vertical incision, it would greatly diminish my chances of having children later.

Jubilee would've been a scheduled C-Section, so obviously she had a vertical scar. When will we see a doctor tell J'Chelle that she's crazy for wanting more children, and telling her to get her tubes tied?

Before her pregnancy with Josie she was told that any future pregnancies would be dangerous to her life and the life of the baby and she shouldn't do it. I have only seen a few episodes but I saw that one. The doctor said something to the effect that her uterine floor was shot, thinning of tissues, weak muscles etc. She was told this a long time ago, before her pregnancy with Josie.

Before her pregnancy with Josie she was told that any future pregnancies would be dangerous to her life and the life of the baby and she shouldn't do it. I have only seen a few episodes but I saw that one. The doctor said something to the effect that her uterine floor was shot, thinning of tissues, weak muscles etc. She was told this a long time ago, before her pregnancy with Josie.

I do not remember this at all

Do the Duggars still make Grandma make the home made laundry detergent?

I really hope they spring for those tide pods so grandma can have a bit less work.

Rumors in Duggardom: Jinger is the one seeing the Steiger young man and Anna is due September.

Maaan those pods are expensive.

Perhaps the in between option -- regular liquid or powdered detergent.

Rumors in Duggardom: Jinger is the one seeing the Steiger young man and Anna is due September.

Good grief, if there's any truth to this at all, we'd have Duggar daughters hot-footing it out of there like rats jumping from a sinking ship, wouldn't we? :lol:

How long will it take for Anna to have to confirm this? We already know that Pris, and her sister Esther are pregnant. Will the Keller girls all be pregnant at the same time again?

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but whenever Jill says "Katmandu," I always think of the Bob Seger song and how the chorus goes "IF I EVER GET OUTTA HERE!" I'll always think of Jill now when I hear it. Crap.

Good grief, if there's any truth to this at all, we'd have Duggar daughters hot-footing it out of there like rats jumping from a sinking ship, wouldn't we? :lol:

Who can blame them & please, take Jana, with or without a man.

Where are these rumours coming from/circulating? Not debating it, just curious as to the source!

Where are these rumours coming from/circulating? Not debating it, just curious as to the source!

Me Too!!

Archived