IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

They have had at least 2 gardens plus a "greenhouse" thing. We have yet to see any follow up of crops. Not so much as a bean or a radish.

I believe the Duggars are just poor at following through with everything. They start the garden; keeps the kids busy or focused. They "purpose" to spread the Word and kind of do when there's an event. They love blessings; but not enough to guide them as they grow and encourage their goals. They travel; but choose not to absorb the culture. Ahhh, the list goes on forever. Maybe, they are all ADD!

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I will try the vinger

I've made and tried both the wet detergent and the dry. The dry tends to work really well as long as you get the water hot enough to dissolve well. This is especially important for your dark laundry loads because if it doesn't dissolve properly, it will leave streaks (the grated bar soap in it tends to be the culprit).

With the wet detergent, there's no real danger of this, but I will warn you that it doesn't work that well on especially smelly laundry loads. So if you throw a pile of your husband's workout shorts in with the wet homemade detergent, don't be surprised if they are still stinky when they come out, lol. But it works pretty well on clothes that are meant to be washed on gentle, such as delicates, and on towels/bedding.

I've used the vinegar as a fabric softener, and it works like a charm. No smell to it, but towels and blankets come out delightfully fluffy.

Mela99's idea about the conditioner is a good one, and sounds like a great way to recycle hair conditioners that you aren't planning on using. I need to try that one when I run out of vinegar. :mrgreen:

I wonder if TLC isn't announcing Anna's pregnancy because they want focus on the courting Duggar girls. If that is the case, Josh and Anna are probably pissed that M4 isn't important to TLC.

That would be absolutely delightful if that was the case. Keep rolling out the weddings.

Why would we care about a fourth GrandDuggar when there are J'Saves getting married? That's way more important.

Well, I'm curious to see if it's a boy or a girl; a boy potentially means more work for poor Mackynzie when she's older, and the Lost Girls coming to help out; and a girl means another drudge later on.

I'm also curious as to what M name they will choose. While MacKenzie and Michael were pretty conventional choices, Marcus Anthony was just so out of left field and so historically ignorant that I'm really wondering what unusual name they come up for the next one.

Madonna for a girl, Mohamed for a boy.

Guest LilaFowler
Why would we care about a fourth GrandDuggar when there are J'Saves getting married? That's way more important.

:lol: I know. I don't care about Josh and Anna's pregnancies anymore. I'm more interested in Jill's. Jim Bob knew he had to get courtships for his daughters brewing in order to keep the show going/keep that income stream coming in. And it worked on me.

:lol: I know. I don't care about Josh and Anna's pregnancies anymore. I'm more interested in Jill's. Jim Bob knew he had to get courtships for his daughters brewing in order to keep the show going/keep that income stream coming in. And it worked on me.

I'm just surprised that he's got so many of them going on at once! First jessa, then Jill (maybe it's the other way around), and now we're hearing rumors of Jana and Jinger possibly having courtships. You'd think he would have tried staggering them a bit.

*Although to be fair, it's not like they all have to get married right away. They could all be courting at once, and JB & M could simply have a wedding every six months or so.

Anna has had a few miscarriages. I wonder if Anna/TLC wants to be careful and make sure the pregnancy will go to term before they announce it.

I have to say, that does make sense, it just sucks that they have to lie about it as much as possible before it's announced - the belly announces itself! If I had had miscarriages I would be a little worried too, but probably be okay after the first trimester, certainly not going as far as 6 months to announce like she did with Marcus. It shows that while the valid miscarriage worry is there, there's also some shallower concerns about ratings and TV timing.

Do people really think Anna had a miscarriage between Michael and Marcus that they never mentioned? I mean, the time between births is unusual, but I would have expected them to announce it so they could make some pro-life statement. That they've never said anything makes me think it she just never got pregnant, for whatever reason.

Maybe Anna and Josh feel like they don't need to mention their miscarriages. Maybe its because it means FAILURE to them, or maybe they just feel like some things should remain private.

That's very probable (if Anna did have another miscarriage between Michael and Marcus). I would imagine they'd feel they needed to top Jubilee's funeral.

I hope though Anna didn't have a miscarriage.

2-3 years between births is totally normal, even if you're not using birth control, and especially if you're breastfeeding. While Anna may have had more than one miscarriage, there's nothing to actually indicate that she has.

Madonna for a girl, Mohamed for a boy.

I can Madonna but not Mohamed since its "Muslim." However, I could see Madison for either a boy or a girl.

This was on the Duggar tumblr... makes me sad :-(

Anonymous asked: I don't mean to be mean but I think maybe Joy-anna should lose a little weight

I think she looks fine… everyone gains weight when they are going through puberty though .. the older girls look like they started to be able to get their weight under control when they were like 18 or older.

I think she looks fine, too, but, in comparison to Jill, Jessa and Jinger, Joy is a little thicker. She has Jana's body type, I think, which is just a little more curvier than their sisters.

However, I'm going to bet that Joy will be going on Weight Watchers at some point like Jana did. :( A normal weight isn't really enough in their circles - you have to be skinny.

Joy is gorgeous and not even slightly overweight, and I personally love that she doesn't cake on the make up like her older sisters. But what if she wasn't good-looking? Aren't these fundies always talking about how important countenance and a good and godly character is? Bullshit. They want slim, pretty, young white Christians and then they have the nerve to tell us how worldly and shallow we are. Hypocrites, all of them who think like this.

I can Madonna but not Mohamed since its "Muslim." However, I could see Madison for either a boy or a girl.

They have to have clear boy/girl names. No gender neutral names. The child may not know their gender otherwise. :cray-cray:

Damn girl...makeup gun set to HARLOT!!!111 and exposed SHOULDER (she showed collarbone last week). No ring though...

instagram.com/p/njamTGmlZs/

I'm just surprised that he's got so many of them going on at once! First jessa, then Jill (maybe it's the other way around), and now we're hearing rumors of Jana and Jinger possibly having courtships. You'd think he would have tried staggering them a bit.

*Although to be fair, it's not like they all have to get married right away. They could all be courting at once, and JB & M could simply have a wedding every six months or so.

Or maybe they'll go for a VVVVSE, and do a "Brady Brides," or maybe "Seven Brides for Seven Fundies!" :D

hrYpb3aU6_0

Damn girl...makeup gun set to HARLOT!!!111 and exposed SHOULDER (she showed collarbone last week). No ring though...

instagram.com/p/njamTGmlZs/

Wouldn't that be her right hand since that was taken in a mirror? Unless it's a picture someone else took of Jessa, Ben and random J'boy photobomber while they were taking a picture of themselves... EDIT: On second look it's not a mirrored image since the words on Ben's anti-choice shirt are not mirrored. Derp. Still, she wouldn't wear a ring in public since it's not publicly announced yet, just like Jill didn't until it was.

Yep, exposed shoulders, this family is changing (good). Hopefully they can ditch those hideous swim suits and just go for one pieces with skirts/wraps and the boys are finally allowed to wear shorts in hot weather (it always seemed weird to me that they weren't, like Dumbboob thinks all shorts are still as short as the ones guys wore to play basketball in the early 80s)

And for fuck's sake, does Ben own any t-shirts other than rabid anti-choice ones??

They have had at least 2 gardens plus a "greenhouse" thing. We have yet to see any follow up of crops. Not so much as a bean or a radish.

I wonder how long it will be before it all dies. They used the excuse of traveling so much a few seasons ago to justify not having anything planted in their flower bed.

I think if the next baby is a girl they'll go with another Mc-name. They seem the type. Those names annoy the crap out of me. McTinley,

McLakelynn, McKennedy... (sad part is all of those are real names)...

And that comment about Joy is just vicious. There is no reason to ever tell a young, growing, healthy girl that she needs to lose weight.

But my obnoxious counter argument to that would be, "Well, that's what happens when you have to suck it up and act like a lady and stop enjoying playing outside."

If she runs around with her brothers, she's a tomboy. If she's forced inside, she's too fat.

People are asses.

They have to have clear boy/girl names. No gender neutral names. The child may not know their gender otherwise. :cray-cray:

The Duggars chose a gender neutral name for Jordyn.

ETA: I forgot that her name is Jordyn-Grace.

My guesses: Matthias for a boy, Madeline for a girl.

And for fuck's sake, does Ben own any t-shirts other than rabid anti-choice ones??

I can't answer that, but I can tell you he wears a suit to school. With a tie and everything.

Archived