IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

I know lots of people who graduated from various business schools from Wharton to Harvard to many in between and none of those schools required their students to wear a suit to class! What business schools do???

Well I went to a community college for one thing. Not exactly Harvard. Its not unusual for the career programs to have a uniform standard for certain classes. I had to be in blue scrubs with white shoes to be able to take my nursing lab classes. The girls studying to be veterinary office assistants had to be in scrubs all week long! We noticed the people in the business programs would be dressed up all sharp on occasion and assumed the game was the same for them. The business schools at the local universities don't require this as far as I know.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BirthingGodsWarriors said

Also, one of the Duggar girls attends college? Which one? With what chaperone, Amy? Amy went to college? So many questions, so few answers.

A friend of mine was roommates with Amy at The University of Arkansas. I have no idea if she graduated, but she did attend.

I know lots of people who graduated from various business schools from Wharton to Harvard to many in between and none of those schools required their students to wear a suit to class! What business schools do???

Doesn't he work for an insurance company? Maybe he has to wear the business attire for work and doesn't have time to change clothes.

Some fans are just clueless. A couple of weeks ago it was announced that Glen Campbell was put into a facility because of his advanced Alzheimer's. I saw a page where a fan asked, "Does anyone know where he is? I've met him a few times, and they should let fans know so we can visit him before it's too late." I had to respond. I mean, here is this man who can remember how to play guitar, but was becoming a threat to himself and others in a home setting; he may not remember family members much less some fan he might have shaken hands with years ago. And I would be livid if I found out fans had visited a family member of mine in a situation like that.

Idiots!

Doesn't he work for an insurance company? Maybe he has to wear the business attire for work and doesn't have time to change clothes.

He repairs windshields. I doubt he does that in a tie.

He repairs windshields. I doubt he does that in a tie.

He works for an insurance agency, actually. Not sure if he still has the windshield repair business.

Jana and Jinger have rumored courtships too???

The advent of M4 may be imminent?

Obviously, I need to catch up on my Duggar rumors. I stop reading this thread for a couple of weeks, and look what happens.

What about the boys??

LSU's Business School for one. One of my best friends was in MBA program at the same time I was getting my masters in library science. She didn't have to wear suits, but she had to be in uber professional wear, even in class. The men wore suits, though.

Some fans are just clueless. A couple of weeks ago it was announced that Glen Campbell was put into a facility because of his advanced Alzheimer's. I saw a page where a fan asked, "Does anyone know where he is? I've met him a few times, and they should let fans know so we can visit him before it's too late." I had to respond. I mean, here is this man who can remember how to play guitar, but was becoming a threat to himself and others in a home setting; he may not remember family members much less some fan he might have shaken hands with years ago. And I would be livid if I found out fans had visited a family member of mine in a situation like that.

Idiots!

Good grief! How horrible! My mom had dementia and was in a nursing home at the end of her life. I'm so glad that she didn't have to put up with such indignity and such intrusion into her private life.

What about the boys??

I'm still wondering what the heck Joseph does for a living.

Well I went to a community college for one thing. Not exactly Harvard. Its not unusual for the career programs to have a uniform standard for certain classes. I had to be in blue scrubs with white shoes to be able to take my nursing lab classes. The girls studying to be veterinary office assistants had to be in scrubs all week long! We noticed the people in the business programs would be dressed up all sharp on occasion and assumed the game was the same for them. The business schools at the local universities don't require this as far as I know.

My friend in pharmacy school has to wear nice clothes to his labs. Its to train them to look like professionals.

Idiots!

That's monstrous. He's not on display. Omg let us look at him before he kicks off, I bought his records!

I hope, wherever he is, they're equipped to deal with thta kind of crazy.

My guess on the name of M4: Matthew for a boy and Mary for a girl ( to honor Josh's grandmother, which would be nice :-) )

I was watching last week's episode last night and thought how beautiful Jana is! Jinger looks great with straight hair! She has a round face, so straight hair is the best thing she can do, imho. Now I feel bad for mentionning the girl's looks but it was the only thing that stuck out to me in that episode. the duggars are definitly changing since Gothard's decline.

And since there are rumors that all 4 girls are in a relationship now, pardon me I mean courtship ;) , who of the 4 girls will have twins, since they might all have Michelle's hyperovulation genes? my guess is twins for Jessa! Anna wants to have twins but I think will only have single babies when she has 12 children or so.

I agree that Jinger looked fabulous with straight hair. Her curls are always the tightest and crunchiest, and the straight hair made a huge difference to her looks.

the t-shirts that Ben is wearing are so creepy and would set off my red flag radar immidiately! my question is: did you ever see a woman wear a t-shirt like that when she is not with her husband? my impression is that most of the time only boys/men from 18 to let's say 25ish are wearing them. those boys will grow up to be ignorant middle aged males who will decide over women's bodies like it's cattle. I would consider emigration in the future if that is what will happen. how can anyone with a brain who is not an actual slave endure this any longer?

Thats sad about Glen Campbell :-( I have a friend who is a great niece or something. She never met him. She joked to me once that she thought about inviting him to her wedding so she would get a good present. Of course, she didn't because he didn't know who she was.

What did you say to that fan, and did they respond?

RE: Ben's shirts

I actually think the people that make those shirts approached Ben with the idea of him wearing them because he was gonna be on tv with the Duggars and all that. I've seen a few comments by them on Instagram begging the Duggars to wear them. Anyways, I figure from there, one thing led to another, maybe Jim Bob thought they were a great idea, maybe Ben knows the people who make them personally... I don't know. Anyway, I feel like its a combination of those people wanting the publicity (they are probably in heaven now that the Duggars are wearing the shirts), and Ben wanting to promote the prolife agenda.

The Duggars are just as rabidly anti-choice (the ones who are old enough to understand the issue and at least in public because no one knows what some of the adults might really think) so Jessa probably finds his shirts super duper cute :ew:

I agree that Jinger looked fabulous with straight hair. Her curls are always the tightest and crunchiest, and the straight hair made a huge difference to her looks.

I am SO GLAD she has ditched the crunchies!! But I'm curious...to why she's gone straight all of a sudden. Has she read the internet about people talking about hair? Or is she trying to look good & impress someone? :think: Well it looks FAB and I hope we never see the crunchies again.

I am SO GLAD she has ditched the crunchies!! But I'm curious...to why she's gone straight all of a sudden. Has she read the internet about people talking about hair? Or is she trying to look good & impress someone? :think: Well it looks FAB and I hope we never see the crunchies again.

I'm pretty sure it was a one off. That episode was filmed last year, and in all the pics since she's had tight crunchy curls. I don't know why she does them like that - her sisters usually wear softer curls which are much prettier.

I'm pretty sure it was a one off. That episode was filmed last year, and in all the pics since she's had tight crunchy curls. I don't know why she does them like that - her sisters usually wear softer curls which are much prettier.

I've always thought Jinge had the natural curls. However, I'm bingeing on 19KAC (thank you netflix!) and am patiently waiting for the answer (can't remember which episode it is. Don't tell me which. Gotta keep the show as exciting as I can :roll: )

I am thoroughly prepared to be wrong.

OT but does anyone else think Jordyn-Grace and Jinger have the same big beautiful blue eyes? :clapping:

Re: Joy

No way is Joy fat. Joy is STRONG. She has muscles and is built to do things other than raise her younger brothers and sisters. She would make a great softball player.

It's International Midwife Day. I really hope Jill succeeds in becoming a midwife. However, I really prefer these programs that train local woman and send them out into the community rather than those that send foreigners in to do the job. I wonder whether Jill will end up working in the US, in a poorer country or somewhere in between.

post-2352-1445199890245_thumb.jpg

And since there are rumors that all 4 girls are in a relationship now, pardon me I mean courtship ;) , who of the 4 girls will have twins, since they might all have Michelle's hyperovulation genes? my guess is twins for Jessa! Anna wants to have twins but I think will only have single babies when she has 12 children or so.

All of them, at some point. The odds are really good if they stay Quiverfull, especially with J'chelle having multiple sets.

That's assuming that Michelle does have a gene for hyperovulation and that her twins weren't just random. It's unlikely that all of her daughters would inherit that gene, if she does have it. The most likely to have twins would be Jana, because she is a twin herself. Twins are something like 1/90 births (without fertility treatments) I think, so it's extremely unlikely they would all have twins.

That's assuming that Michelle does have a gene for hyperovulation and that her twins weren't just random. It's unlikely that all of her daughters would inherit that gene, if she does have it. The most likely to have twins would be Jana, because she is a twin herself. Twins are something like 1/90 births (without fertility treatments) I think, so it's extremely unlikely they would all have twins.

Hyperovulation is genetic, not just random, aand fraternal twins run in families. It's also caused by a number of genes. Identical twins are the ones that are random. If Michelle only had one set, perhaps one could say it was just random, but she had two.

My cousin is the same way. She's got two sets of fraternal twins (and three singletons). My cousin gets it from her dad's family; cousin's paternal aunt also has two sets of fraternal twins, and her daughters all had a set.

ETA: Also, given the large numbers of pregnancies each girl is likely to have, the odds are very good that at least one of them will be a twin set.

Archived