IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

anyone actually tried the homemade stuff?

Yes, not their recipe but I make mine all the time. Saves money and my skin (super allergic to everything)

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hyperovulation is genetic, not just random, aand fraternal twins run in families. It's also caused by a number of genes. Identical twins are the ones that are random. If Michelle only had one set, perhaps one could say it was just random, but she had two.

My cousin is the same way. She's got two sets of fraternal twins (and three singletons). My cousin gets it from her dad's family; cousin's paternal aunt also has two sets of fraternal twins, and her daughters all had a set.

ETA: Also, given the large numbers of pregnancies each girl is likely to have, the odds are very good that at least one of them will be a twin set.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that fraternal twins are sometimes the result of genetic factors but not always? Sometimes they run in families, sometimes they don't, and you don't inherit it from the father's side of the family. A mother might have the gene and pass it on to her sons, but that wouldn't influence whether her sons' wives had twins.

Anna has only had one miscarriage that we know of.

HA! every time she has a cycle without being pregnant is considered a miscarriage in their world...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that fraternal twins are sometimes the result of genetic factors but not always? Sometimes they run in families, sometimes they don't, and you don't inherit it from the father's side of the family. A mother might have the gene and pass it on to her sons, but that wouldn't influence whether her sons' wives had twins.

It would influence the sons' daughters, though I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Fraternal twins have a genetic component.

I wonder how long it will be before it all dies. They used the excuse of traveling so much a few seasons ago to justify not having anything planted in their flower bed.

its most likely for the upcoming season of 19k&c.... another staged family event. Also, Josie looks fierce holding that garden rake in the top picture, hopefully no one was hurt...

On the Duggar Family Instagram: /instagram.com/p/nl3alMmlXy/ is that a Curious George book they are reading? If so, I'm glad to see a "secular" book in their hands.

Fraternal twins can be genetic, but I don't suppose they always are. Just means you released two eggs at the same time (and they both fertilized). It can come from either side of the mom's family (mom of the twins in context here, not her mom).

I was freaked that we were going to have twins! They are rampant on my mom's side, including my uncles. (my dad happens to be an identical twin too). Plus we went through fertility treatments and had 3 possible eggs ready to rock when I had my successful cycle, luckily only one fertilized! (I only want 2 kids total, and we already had one at the time).

Fraternal twins can be genetic, but I don't suppose they always are. Just means you released two eggs at the same time (and they both fertilized). It can come from either side of the mom's family (mom of the twins in context here, not her mom).

I was freaked that we were going to have twins! They are rampant on my mom's side, including my uncles. (my dad happens to be an identical twin too). Plus we went through fertility treatments and had 3 possible eggs ready to rock when I had my successful cycle, luckily only one fertilized! (I only want 2 kids total, and we already had one at the time).

Haha. My sister had identicals as kids 3 and 4. I'm pregnant with my second and am completely paranoid that we're going to get twins. I cannot afford daycare for three.

Is Jinger wearing jeans on the instagram photo from 28 April? Sure looks like it.

Is Jinger wearing jeans on the instagram photo from 28 April? Sure looks like it.

No that's just Joseph sitting next to her...

Some fans are just clueless. A couple of weeks ago it was announced that Glen Campbell was put into a facility because of his advanced Alzheimer's. I saw a page where a fan asked, "Does anyone know where he is? I've met him a few times, and they should let fans know so we can visit him before it's too late." I had to respond. I mean, here is this man who can remember how to play guitar, but was becoming a threat to himself and others in a home setting; he may not remember family members much less some fan he might have shaken hands with years ago. And I would be livid if I found out fans had visited a family member of mine in a situation like that.

Idiots!

Yeah, because being inundated with strangers, at a time when he might not recognize family all the time, wouldn't be confusing at all. "Idiots" doesn't quite cover it. And what the hell would some random person get out of visiting the poor man, anyway?

I know lots of people who graduated from various business schools from Wharton to Harvard to many in between and none of those schools required their students to wear a suit to class! What business schools do???

I attended business school - definitely not Harvard or Wharton but Top 25 - and during my junior and senior year I had several classes that required business casual or professional attire. Seminars, classes taught by CEOs and other business execs and a trading class just to name a few. My senior year I had an externship with an accounting firm 3 days a week and it was easier to dress professionally for my morning classes than to carry around a suit all day.

Has anyone else noticed how sad and tired Joy looks in the Instagram pictures from 4th of May? It's just so sad.

instagram.com/p/nl2dHiGlV5/

instagram.com/p/nlP2s9GlaW/

She does look tired, she has dark circles under her eyes. Poor kid. I bet she is being treated as even more like Michelle's slave now some of her sisters are courting.

I am concerned about the effects all this being dragged around the country is having on the kids, kids need routine, not to be performing for strangers.

It's not like they have much of a routine when they're home either, the kids play (aka run amok), the students sit in front of a computer screen and the J-slaves work/talk to Ben. Most of them probably prefer being on the road, at least it isn't as boring.

I remember thinking when Joy was younger that she looked like she had allergies. Some of the younger boys look that way as well.

It would influence the sons' daughters, though I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

Fraternal twins have a genetic component.

Not always. Age, weight, and birth control use can be factors (although bc use not probably a factor for Duggars.)

She does look tired, she has dark circles under her eyes. Poor kid. I bet she is being treated as even more like Michelle's slave now some of her sisters are courting.

I am concerned about the effects all this being dragged around the country is having on the kids, kids need routine, not to be performing for strangers.

I think Michelle has no interaction with her; Joy is too far at the end of the four glory girls to be noticed and she was having too much fun playing with her brothers. Michelle stopped that nonsense. Now, maybe Joy is frustrated not being invited all the time to be with her sisters, is not so impressed with their courtships or being the associate laundress and having no parental attention!!!

Josiah was at Longview Baptist Temple this weekend, and sang as a part of the alert academy choir. I have a friend who posted a fb picture, which I believe is private. But their pastor has a blog and may show a picture eventually.

Just because Joy looks tired in two photos from a single day does not mean she's suddenly succumbed to slavery. Maybe she had a coffee at like 9pm and they had to be up early for church the next day. Maybe its something else entirely. Jumping to the worst conclusion weirds me out.

I remember a episode where the Duggars were at a minor league baseball game and at one point DQ, Boob and JoylessAnna raced on tricycles. DQ won and jumped up and off her trike and never even looked at or acknowledged or encouraged JoylessAnna in anyway. Just celebrated her victory. Made me feel so sorry for JoylessAnna.

I also think DQ has ignored her for a long time, except when she needed her to do something around the house or do a load of laundry with Grandma. Joy did have a longer time being a kid than her older sisters. She got saddled with laundry duty pretty early on, but she never had to take on a buddy all to herself that I know of. She is probably having to pick up a lot of slack now since there is love in the house. But I think Jana was in charge of raising a sibling like at age 9, wasn't she?

I remember a episode where the Duggars were at a minor league baseball game and at one point DQ, Boob and JoylessAnna raced on tricycles. DQ won and jumped up and off her trike and never even looked at or acknowledged or encouraged JoylessAnna in anyway. Just celebrated her victory. Made me feel so sorry for JoylessAnna.

I also think DQ has ignored her for a long time, except when she needed her to do something around the house or do a load of laundry with Grandma. Joy did have a longer time being a kid than her older sisters. She got saddled with laundry duty pretty early on, but she never had to take on a buddy all to herself that I know of. She is probably having to pick up a lot of slack now since there is love in the house. But I think Jana was in charge of raising a sibling like at age 9, wasn't she?

I thought Joy won the tricycle race. I remember JB being all competitive but Joy beat him and he did come and congratulate her. Michelle lost and did that pouty, passive-aggressive, poor me thing so Jim Bob left Joy Anna to go to Michelle. I remember thinking how, win or loose, she always makes it about her. (Same outcome, whichever of us is remembering correctly.)

Just because Joy looks tired in two photos from a single day does not mean she's suddenly succumbed to slavery. Maybe she had a coffee at like 9pm and they had to be up early for church the next day. Maybe its something else entirely. Jumping to the worst conclusion weirds me out.

Agreed. There are a million reasons why a 16 year old girl could look tired in a picture. For all we know she was up all night at a rave and snuck home with only a few minutes to spare before having to get ready for church.

According to this website, Ben Seewald works as a staff assistant to State Farm Agent Cynthia Rougeau in Hot Springs: https://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/AR/H ... ZKGY51ZBAL

So it is reasonable that he might go straight from class to work in business attire.

And, yes his boss is an African American woman.

Secretaries in State Farm offices generally do not wear suits. Shirt and tie, maybe. But not a full suit.

Archived