IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

It's not like they have much of a routine when they're home either, the kids play (aka run amok), the students sit in front of a computer screen and the J-slaves work/talk to Ben. Most of them probably prefer being on the road, at least it isn't as boring.

Maybe they can join an extra curricular activity. Sounds like a boring schedule.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Michelle has no interaction with her; Joy is too far at the end of the four glory girls to be noticed and she was having too much fun playing with her brothers. Michelle stopped that nonsense. Now, maybe Joy is frustrated not being invited all the time to be with her sisters, is not so impressed with their courtships or being the associate laundress and having no parental attention!!!

Poor Joy. Stuck between boys and doesn't really have a close relationship with her parents or sisters.

Poor Joy. Stuck between boys and doesn't really have a close relationship with her parents or sisters.

This is why my money is on her to break out of being Quiverfull in one way or another.

I remember a episode where the Duggars were at a minor league baseball game and at one point DQ, Boob and JoylessAnna raced on tricycles. DQ won and jumped up and off her trike and never even looked at or acknowledged or encouraged JoylessAnna in anyway. Just celebrated her victory. Made me feel so sorry for JoylessAnna.

I also think DQ has ignored her for a long time, except when she needed her to do something around the house or do a load of laundry with Grandma. Joy did have a longer time being a kid than her older sisters. She got saddled with laundry duty pretty early on, but she never had to take on a buddy all to herself that I know of. She is probably having to pick up a lot of slack now since there is love in the house. But I think Jana was in charge of raising a sibling like at age 9, wasn't she?

I don't know when exactly Jana became a full-time "buddy." But yes, she was very young. She was also cooking lunch every day.

Joy, OTOH, actually got to run with the howlers and have a childhood until around the time Josie was born. That's when I first noticed a change in her.

Basically, I think it boils down to what the Maxwells teach about isolating their kids and preventing them from developing "appetites." Jana didn't have much of a childhood and to this day I wonder if she has any idea what she has missed? But Joy did have a childhood and she knows exactly what she is missing. She seems to be closer to Amy than any of her siblings. Also, I have noticed again and again that Joy absolutely lights up when she gets to be around other girls her own age.

She was very close to Josiah - they had a relationship much like the one we see between Jackson and Hannie. I hope their closeness has survived puberty and the rigid gender roles the Duggars enforce at that time.

I don't know when exactly Jana became a full-time "buddy." But yes, she was very young. She was also cooking lunch every day.

Joy, OTOH, actually got to run with the howlers and have a childhood until around the time Josie was born. That's when I first noticed a change in her.

Basically, I think it boils down to what the Maxwells teach about isolating their kids and preventing them from developing "appetites." Jana didn't have much of a childhood and to this day I wonder if she has any idea what she has missed? But Joy did have a childhood and she knows exactly what she is missing. She seems to be closer to Amy than any of her siblings. Also, I have noticed again and again that Joy absolutely lights up when she gets to be around other girls her own age.

It pains me the most to see Joy and Josiah, because they both seems like really nice and bright kids, still curious about the world, who, with a little encouragement from ANYONE, would flourish. But they have no one to turn to, they don't fit in the mold they're supposed to go in and seem sad and lost at times. The J-slaves have accepted their lives, but for Joy growing up must be a fresh and painful experience, everything she loves is taken away from her.

Josiah was at Longview Baptist Temple this weekend, and sang as a part of the alert academy choir. I have a friend who posted a fb picture, which I believe is private. But their pastor has a blog and may show a picture eventually.

WOW!!! did not know my old stomping grounds- LBT- would even consider hooking up with Gothard. That would be giving some of the pastor's glory and authority to someone else. The elder Gray spoke against homeschooling when we went there because he wanted the church kids in his school. Totally blown away by this! :pink-shock:

Fraternal twins run in families via the propensity to release more than one egg per cycle. But I also think that because Michelle had so many pregnancies, it was just likely that she'd have a set of twins or two. I think that if Michelle actually had that propensity she would have had more sets of twins, but maybe not. The girls could have inherited the propensity to release more than one egg per cycle if Michelle does have it.

This is why I always roll my eyes when people ask if twins run in my husband's family. He's already contributing millions of sperm, how is that going to make twins? His sperm's so great it made me release to eggs? No! :lol:

Haha. My sister had identicals as kids 3 and 4. I'm pregnant with my second and am completely paranoid that we're going to get twins. I cannot afford daycare for three.

Thankfully identicals are completely random! So the fact that your sister had them won't affect you. Good luck and I hope it's just one in there! lol

WOW!!! did not know my old stomping grounds- LBT- would even consider hooking up with Gothard. That would be giving some of the pastor's glory and authority to someone else. The elder Gray spoke against homeschooling when we went there because he wanted the church kids in his school. Totally blown away by this!

They don't associate with Gothard per se, but they do have a good relationship with ALERT. Several years ago a group of cadets would attend LBT services every Sunday morning. LBT has also had a bus banquet at the ALERT campus. They often have them come sing and do color guard type things for patriotic holidays.

They don't associate with Gothard per se, but they do have a good relationship with ALERT. Several years ago a group of cadets would attend LBT services every Sunday morning. LBT has also had a bus banquet at the ALERT campus. They often have them come sing and do color guard type things for patriotic holidays.

Thanks for the addiitonal info. Quite interesting. LBT was certainly the most extremeist of the IFBx churches we attended. Very big on pastoral authority-- but pretty much all of them are. . .

Just because Joy looks tired in two photos from a single day does not mean she's suddenly succumbed to slavery. Maybe she had a coffee at like 9pm and they had to be up early for church the next day. Maybe its something else entirely. Jumping to the worst conclusion weirds me out.

Yeah, my family has a trait where we always have dark circles under our eyes and it makes me self-conscious when people tell me that I look exhausted. I think Joy has had rings under her eyes for most of her life.

Fraternal twins run in families via the propensity to release more than one egg per cycle. But I also think that because Michelle had so many pregnancies, it was just likely that she'd have a set of twins or two. I think that if Michelle actually had that propensity she would have had more sets of twins, but maybe not. The girls could have inherited the propensity to release more than one egg per cycle if Michelle does have it.

This is why I always roll my eyes when people ask if twins run in my husband's family. He's already contributing millions of sperm, how is that going to make twins? His sperm's so great it made me release to eggs? No! :lol:

:mrgreen: the woman usually is responsible for twins

It's par for the course here. Let her frown once in a pic and she's miserable and crying out for help. If she smiles, she's miserable, faking it, and the smile doesn't reach her eyes, it must be a cry for help. Dark circles? She must be worked to death in the house now as Michelle's new slave. Couldn't possibly be allergies or a cold or any number of things. Ds gets those purple bags under his eyes when he's sick, every time.

She was very close to Josiah - they had a relationship much like the one we see between Jackson and Hannie. I hope their closeness has survived puberty and the rigid gender roles the Duggars enforce at that time.

It's ridiculous. They're brother and sister what can they do wrong. Maybe Amy can help her escape.

People are so dumb. All the teenage Duggar fans have crushes on the teenage Duggar boys. Normal, right?

Nooooo! According to one guy, those girls are gonna wake up one day and realize the man God ordained for them went away likity split because they lusted after a teenage boy.

Also everyone is in a hurry to get Jessa and Ben engaged. I would love to see the reactions if they broke up. I would laugh my ass off at all the leghumpers who wanted them to get married NOW.

Factors Affecting the Twinning Rate

1) maternal age - twinning rate is doubled for ages 35 to 40 then again 45 to 49

2)social habits

3) number of pregnancies - "By your fourth or fifth pregnancy, your chance of having twins is four times higher than for your first pregnancy."

4)geographic location

5)seasons

6) nutrition.

http://www.nomotc.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=55

Thankfully identicals are completely random! So the fact that your sister had them won't affect you. Good luck and I hope it's just one in there! lol

I used to believe that identicals were fully a random chance but I am now thinking that there can be a genetic component as well. I changed my mind after knowing identical twins who married identical twins and one of the couples went on to have identical twins.

Thats sad about Glen Campbell :-( I have a friend who is a great niece or something. She never met him. She joked to me once that she thought about inviting him to her wedding so she would get a good present. Of course, she didn't because he didn't know who she was.

What did you say to that fan, and did they respond?

Here is his statement and my reply. Neither he nor anyone else responded.

Original Poster:

Can anyone say where Glen's Fans can visit him before it gets to late , I live in Phoenix and met him several times ,he is a great man.

Me:

Seriously? I don't think this a time for visiting someone who doesn't know you. If I were the family, I would be very upset if strangers/fans were visiting him in the facility.

As an aside ... I have a friend whose daughter was good friends in school with Tanya Tucker's daughter, Presley. My friend and TT were out to dinner one night when Glen Campbell was spotted, and TT did not appear pleased about him one little bit. She told my friend, "He knew damn well what he was doing to me was wrong." The implication was that she was merely a child when he began having sex with her.

Factors Affecting the Twinning Rate

1) maternal age - twinning rate is doubled for ages 35 to 40 then again 45 to 49

2)social habits

3) number of pregnancies - "By your fourth or fifth pregnancy, your chance of having twins is four times higher than for your first pregnancy."

4)geographic location

5)seasons

6) nutrition.

http://www.nomotc.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=55

Interesing--according to that article,

A well-known tribe in Africa called the Yorubas has the highest twinning rate in the world, one in 22. This increase is due to fraternal twinning, as their rate of identicals is the same as the rest of the world. Their diet consists of large amounts of a particular species of yam (Dioscorea rotundata). This yam contains a high level of a substance similar to the hormone estrogen, which is thought to bring on multiple ovulations.

Wasn't Kristina trying to use yams as birth control??

The oldest Bontrager boy has just arrived in northern Arkansas for a month's "apprenticeship" with a preacher:

bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2014/05/mitchell-leaves-home-for-month.html

He's 21--any chance for a Bontrager/Duggar romance?

He's also living alone in a dumpy apartment in the church--I don't think the Duggars would allow their kids to live alone for a month, even if its under the watchful eye of a minister.

Interesing--according to that article,

Wasn't Kristina trying to use yams as birth control??

The African yam and American yam are two different vegetables - not sure who Kristina is, but if she is a USian I am assuming she was using sweet potatoes rather than yams as birth control.

Archived