IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

I'd love to see Michelle lose all four girls in the space of a year or so. It would be a huge wake up call. Even if she wanted to dump everything on Joy, it would be impossible and I don't think Joy would go for it. She and the older boys would be forced to step up. Michelle won't actually stop her daughters from leaving, but she may have a mini breakdown about it! I bet she'll wind up saying something stupid like, "God just so ordained it that all the older girls waited to leave until I didn't have any more babies in diapers to take care of!"

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see Joy doing all the work. Maybe the boys may help out or Michelle actually parents her children.

I can't see Joy doing all the work. Maybe the boys may help out or Michelle actually parents her children.

She'll probably just make Johannah and Jennifer start picking up the slack along side Joy. I really can't see her doing much more than she already is unless it involves Miracle Josie, and even then...

It's sad that J'Chelle thinks that her need to attend to her baby ends when she stops breastfeeding. Well, by that time she's knocked up again. Thank goodness Josie will be the last baby. I hope the fertility dr tells her that she's in menopause. They'd totally film that.

It's sad that J'Chelle thinks that her need to attend to her baby ends when she stops breastfeeding. Well, by that time she's knocked up again. Thank goodness Josie will be the last baby. I hope the fertility dr tells her that she's in menopause. They'd totally film that.

I would watch just to see her freak the fuck out. Now that would be an interesting episode! Although they'd probably edit it to make her look better or some other bull shit.

I would watch just to see her freak the fuck out. Now that would be an interesting episode! Although they'd probably edit it to make her look better or some other bull shit.

She would probably pray for god to open up her womb

Except I'm so sure she wouldn't flip out. She'll just plaster on that fake grin and say "Oh well, I'm sad about this, but it's a new season of life" blah blah in a fake keep sweet crazy person voice. I think any insanity Michelle goes through will be the quiet rocking in a corner kind.

Except I'm so sure she wouldn't flip out. She'll just plaster on that fake grin and say "Oh well, I'm sad about this, but it's a new season of life" blah blah in a fake keep sweet crazy person voice. I think any insanity Michelle goes through will be the quiet rocking in a corner kind.

Yeah you're most likely right with that one. I'd love to see her flip, but even if she did I doubt they'd show it. She'll put the creepy smile back on for the cameras and flip out in the privacy of her home, probably with major crying and moaning and making everyone in the house feel bad for her.

That passive agressive shit pisses me the fuck off :angry-banghead:

They would never show Michelle flipping out on camera. Considering how off she seems I can just imagine the scenes that have been edited out over the years. Those poor kids.

I had read about the original Jana/"Jack" sighting at Starbucks at the Duggar tumblr, but now that there have been more I'm inclined to think it's fake...just too coincidental for me. If it is true though, I think this is one courtship that will be kept completely behind the scenes. I can't see Jana will to get that personal on camera.

So what will all the kids do at home when they're all too old to need a buddy?

So what will all the kids do at home when they're all too old to need a buddy?

Wait on the ageing J'Rents, appear at book signing, get enlisted to help clean up Boob's rental properties or other projects...

I hope they try to dump the work on JoyAnna, and she decides to high-tail it out of there.

I still think Jana is secretly courting someone already. The episode a few weeks ago when Jill said "nobody else is courting right now...that we know of", hinted at Jana. I know everyone thinks Jill was talking about her own courtship since it hadn't been announced yet, but Jill made that comment right after talking about Derrick. So I take "nobody else" to mean "besides Jessa/Ben" and "me/Derrick". Or maybe I'm just anxious for Jana to get out of there and reading too much into it.

As awkward as I think Jessa and Ben are, they are so much less awkward than Josh & Anna were at that stage imo. There are no ugly matchy shapeless shirts, no pillows with their picture on them. There are actually cute pictures of the two of them smushed together (from the side, lol) vs. awkward hand holding. Jessa & Ben definitely have that juvenile first bf/gf text-all-the-time thing going on, and Ben seems like he is trying way too hard to fit a mold and always say the approved thing, but at least they are not super painful to watch (staged courtship proposal thing excluded).

This whole "what will Michelle do when the Duggar women get married and fly the coop????" thing keeps coming up and people STILL keep talking about the youngest Duggar children as if they're babies and toddlers. Let's say that in one year's time from today all four older women are married and out the door, after Jinger's wedding on May 2nd, 2015. One year from now the five youngest Duggar children will be nearly 11, 9 and a half, a couple months shy of 8, 6 and a half and 5 and a half. Joyless will be a couple of months away from legal adulthood and most likely completed her GED. Hell, depending on where the boy twins are at they could very well be finished schooling or very close to it in a year's time.

Yes, there will still be several Duggar children who need to be educated, with Josie basically just starting, but we've seen that they move on to almost entirely computer based learning around 5th(?) grade, meaning Jackson and older would be "learning" on their own for the most part and Michelle would only have to work on teaching the four youngest girls.

Yes, there will still be a crapload of laundry to do daily, but having the four oldest women out of the house will cut down on the amount of laundry and since Joyless and Mary seem to be handling it now, that will most likely continue. Johannah will also be more than old enough to start running loads herself. Honestly, she already is. It does pain be to write that because if anything laundry duty should be passed to the boy twins + Jason now because there's no reason why the three of them can't handle it except penis.

Yes, someone will have to cook for the family, or at least "heat up package of frozen, processed shit" but we've already seen Josiah doing that so it seems cooking is the one area they don't strictly enforce the gender roles. Everyone likes to eat!

Yes, there will still be young children who can't be left home alone, but at 5 and a half and older, there's no reason a child can't find something to do to entertain him or herself in their own home, no need to be constantly supervised, but with an adult or at the very least "older child" present. And ALREADY the "older kids" plus actual adults FAR outnumber the younger kids in the Duggar household.

Maybe Michelle and her owner purposely did not let the older daughters date and run off to be married until the youngest babies were years past the baby stage. Maybe they didn't and Maw and Paw just lucked out. But either way it is only going to get easier to take care of the family from here on out. I doubt the workload for Michelle will change much at all.

This whole "what will Michelle do when the Duggar women get married and fly the coop????" thing keeps coming up and people STILL keep talking about the youngest Duggar children as if they're babies and toddlers. Let's say that in one year's time from today all four older women are married and out the door, after Jinger's wedding on May 2nd, 2015. One year from now the five youngest Duggar children will be nearly 11, 9 and a half, a couple months shy of 8, 6 and a half and 5 and a half. Joyless will be a couple of months away from legal adulthood and most likely completed her GED. Hell, depending on where the boy twins are at they could very well be finished schooling or very close to it in a year's time.

Yes, there will still be several Duggar children who need to be educated, with Josie basically just starting, but we've seen that they move on to almost entirely computer based learning around 5th(?) grade, meaning Jackson and older would be "learning" on their own for the most part and Michelle would only have to work on teaching the four youngest girls.

Yes, there will still be a crapload of laundry to do daily, but having the four oldest women out of the house will cut down on the amount of laundry and since Joyless and Mary seem to be handling it now, that will most likely continue. Johannah will also be more than old enough to start running loads herself. Honestly, she already is. It does pain be to write that because if anything laundry duty should be passed to the boy twins + Jason now because there's no reason why the three of them can't handle it except penis.

Yes, someone will have to cook for the family, or at least "heat up package of frozen, processed shit" but we've already seen Josiah doing that so it seems cooking is the one area they don't strictly enforce the gender roles. Everyone likes to eat!

Yes, there will still be young children who can't be left home alone, but at 5 and a half and older, there's no reason a child can't find something to do to entertain him or herself in their own home, no need to be constantly supervised, but with an adult or at the very least "older child" present. And ALREADY the "older kids" plus actual adults FAR outnumber the younger kids in the Duggar household.

Maybe Michelle and her owner purposely did not let the older daughters date and run off to be married until the youngest babies were years past the baby stage. Maybe they didn't and Maw and Paw just lucked out. But either way it is only going to get easier to take care of the family from here on out. I doubt the workload for Michelle will change much at all.

I agree! Also they use switched on schoolhouse from 3rd to 12th grade (which is on the computer and is self-graded) so for most of their homeschooling Michelle doesn't actually have to do anything...

Did anyone else find it funny when, in the video, the narrator said, "The Duggars emphasize etiquette", then showed Josie practically standing on her head at the table?

Also, Jinger seems to have a talent for playing the piano.

I agree too that Jill was hinting at Jana when she was saying that there was no one else courting that we know of yet. I mean, she just finished talking about her and Derrick, and we already know what's going on there. Plus, Jill and Jana's body language seemed to be telling as well. Jill was peeking over at Jana when she said it, and Jana (to me) looked like she was being a bit bashful. It just appeared like they were hinting at an insiders secret.

I for one really hope its true. Jana is my favorite (and by far the prettiest of the Duggar girls IMO). It just surprises me that no one has come forward interested in her. Or I guess its JB that has slammed down all potential suitors.

I always remember the girls swimming in the Dead Sea and talking to a couple of guys. Then comes JB, creppy as ever, cock blocking in all his glory. From then on, I've always thought it was going to be harder than hell for the girls to ever find somebody. Well, somebody that daddy dearest would approve of that was decent. I could see JB setting all the girls up with clones of the pecan thief if it was 100% up to him.

Guest LilaFowler
I still think Jana is secretly courting someone already. The episode a few weeks ago when Jill said "nobody else is courting right now...that we know of", hinted at Jana. I know everyone thinks Jill was talking about her own courtship since it hadn't been announced yet, but Jill made that comment right after talking about Derrick. So I take "nobody else" to mean "besides Jessa/Ben" and "me/Derrick". Or maybe I'm just anxious for Jana to get out of there and reading too much into it.

As awkward as I think Jessa and Ben are, they are so much less awkward than Josh & Anna were at that stage imo. There are no ugly matchy shapeless shirts, no pillows with their picture on them. There are actually cute pictures of the two of them smushed together (from the side, lol) vs. awkward hand holding. Jessa & Ben definitely have that juvenile first bf/gf text-all-the-time thing going on, and Ben seems like he is trying way too hard to fit a mold and always say the approved thing, but at least they are not super painful to watch (staged courtship proposal thing excluded).

One positive thing I can say about Josh and Anna is although the hand sex was awkward, you can tell they actually had feelings for each other during their courtship (whether it was love, lust, infatuation, crush at that point, I don't know, but it was something), and that it wasn't just one-sided (like with Jessa and Ben). And maybe I'm in the minority, but I do find Jessa and Ben painful to watch.

One positive thing I can say about Josh and Anna is although the hand sex was awkward, you can tell they actually had feelings for each other during their courtship (whether it was love, lust, infatuation, crush at that point, I don't know, but it was something), and that it wasn't just one-sided (like with Jessa and Ben). And maybe I'm in the minority, but I do find Jessa and Ben painful to watch.

I think TLC has a lot to do with that. They know that courting isn't a society norm, and to viewers it can appear awkward. So they play on that, splice the most awkward moments together. People like watching trainwrecks. More viewers, more money. That's my take anyway.

I always remember the girls swimming in the Dead Sea and talking to a couple of guys. Then comes JB, creppy as ever, cock blocking in all his glory. From then on, I've always thought it was going to be harder than hell for the girls to ever find somebody. Well, somebody that daddy dearest would approve of that was decent. I could see JB setting all the girls up with clones of the pecan thief if it was 100% up to him.

i know we always talk about JB's role in this, but didn't JD and joseph go over first to act as "protectors?" not that it makes it any more palatable, i just have a vivid image of JD's piggy face hovering over a local's shoulder

i know we always talk about JB's role in this, but didn't JD and joseph go over first to act as "protectors?" not that it makes it any more palatable, i just have a vivid image of JD's piggy face hovering over a local's shoulder

Ugh, I can't stand JD. his creep factor is way up there. He comes off as lazy, arrogant, and CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY.

JD seems to give the guy courting his sisters a pretty hard time. Borderline incestual to me. While I feel for the poor girl that gets paired up with him, I hope he gets it back 10 FOLD from her family. That would be great.

From what we've seen on the show, they are painful to watch, but she seems much more into him in recent pictures on Twitter and Instagram than she was whenever these episodes were filmed.

I think a lot of the on-air awkwardness between Jessa and Ben stems from the fact that they're not actors. All the real moments between them happen in the fundie version of private and they have to recreate them when the cameras show up. I'm convinced we would never have heard a peep about this courtship if Ben had understood that facebook isn't actually private...if Jessa had gotten her way we would have been completely in the dark until/if they had gotten engaged. Isn't that how it happened with Josh and Anna? Her first appearance on the show was when Josh proprosed, iirc. And there wasn't even any speculation about Jill until one of the little girls let it slip during an interview.

Archived