IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

Wild yams increase the likelihood of twinning.

There's also some kind of cream from wild yams that has to do with progesterone. I visited a naturopath once and she recommended it. I didn't buy it, but I vaguely remember it was a natural alternative to hormone replacement.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's also some kind of cream from wild yams that has to do with progesterone. I visited a naturopath once and she recommended it. I didn't buy it, but I vaguely remember it was a natural alternative to hormone replacement.

That cream contains wild yam and progesterone but as two separate ingredients.

Yams contain a progesterone precursor that you can't actually metabolise into anything useful. The active ingredient in that cream is just as artificial as any other sort on the market.

It's a great exercise in marketing, nothing more.

This may make zero sense, but Jennifer Duggar looks like a young Jennifer Coolidge to me.

She doesn't have the clone Duggar look.

Walking, running, and day to day life without shoes is fine, but cycling without shoes is asking for trouble.

My childhood was spent cycling without shoes. On a proper two wheeler with peddles that have grips.

Anything you do any day of your life has the potential to be dangerous. In fact, being IN your home is more dangerous than being outside.

That law suit is over not scientifically proving their claims. Not the shoe itself. Cheerios faced a similar lawsuit a few years back for claiming they lower cholesterol, that's why it now says "may help lower cholesterol."

The issue is not exactly with the shoes themselves. If a person has normal arches and is at the start of a running program and begins with barefoot style shoes, they will probably be okay. If someone running 20 miles a week changes abruptly from 2 inches of foam cushion under the heel to barefoot style running with zero drop, then they are at risk for a stress fracture in their foot or various ligamentous injuries, because their foot muscles and bones haven't been conditioned to all of that impact. A lot of people were fracturing or stressing the long bone in the side of their foot wearing vibrams.

They don't show 19 Kids and Counting on the UK TLC either - instead it's on the Discovery Home & Health - so you might still get it at some point, just not on TLC :)

Also in Europe (though I was watching it online when I lived in North America) and the latest episode was only uploaded yesterday - and I can't watch it until my mate is out of the room. When I went to download it he was like "Why do you watch that crap? Who cares if someone has 59 kids?!"

So, something off topic (well from what was being discussed). But I was driving down to Seattle this morning and flipping radio channels and hopped on one that usually plays good music, but they were doing an interview and I about shit myself and thought it was Mullet!! (would have been weird for her to interview on a top 40 radio station), but nope, it was a lady that runs a golfing camping for kids, but she sounds EXACTLY like Mullet...same intonations and everything, creeptastic!!''

It's this lady Heidi Wills, the executive director

http://www.thefirstteeseattle.org/club/ ... asp?NS=GAU

Kind of out of topic, but I saw this picture on the duggar fam instagram that dates from 4 days ago: instagram.com/p/nttLwbGlfN/

Even if Joseph have been paired with JD a lot on the show and in the TH, I like to see him doing stuff with Jinger IRL. I remember the two of them behind close when they were younger. Glad to see it's still there. I seriously think Jo should spent more time with his sisters, they seem to be a better influence than JD.

Kind of out of topic, but I saw this picture on the duggar fam instagram that dates from 4 days ago: instagram.com/p/nttLwbGlfN/

Even if Joseph have been paired with JD a lot on the show and in the TH, I like to see him doing stuff with Jinger IRL. I remember the two of them behind close when they were younger. Glad to see it's still there. I seriously think Jo should spent more time with his sisters, they seem to be a better influence than JD.

I've always liked Joseph but also find him kind of a tough read (maybe shy or doesn't like the camera much). Hard to know how much of the car-trashing mischief is driven by JD, though I'd guess most of it. OTOH, what other mischief can they or the Bates boys get into? My impression is they don't drink, date, or look at scantily-dressed women, and they read their bibles every day. Does anyone know whether car-trashing is considered a 'normal' activity at weddings in their parts of the country?

I've always liked Joseph but also find him kind of a tough read (maybe shy or doesn't like the camera much). Hard to know how much of the car-trashing mischief is driven by JD, though I'd guess most of it. OTOH, what other mischief can they or the Bates boys get into? My impression is they don't drink, date, or look at scantily-dressed women, and they read their bibles every day. Does anyone know whether car-trashing is considered a 'normal' activity at weddings in their parts of the country?

Guess that's why they have so much time to trash the car.....

Re: The earlier conversation about talking heads, and who is paired with who... I noticed in the latest episode there were many single talking head(s) Could this be a "FU Internets!" ploy? Even Joy was by herself, and recently she has been paired with an adult instead of a sibling.

This may make zero sense, but Jennifer Duggar looks like a young Jennifer Coolidge to me.

She doesn't have the clone Duggar look.

I can totally see that. And I've always noticed how different she looks (in a good way) in the line up as well. Something about her face is really interesting and different from her siblings.

We do it to some extent. (I live in the south-east United States). However, it's more along the lines of tying cans/shoes to the bumper, maybe writing various phrases on the windows with (WASHABLE!) paint, and perhaps if things are really crazy, hooking the brake up to the horn so that the horn sounds when the driver hits the brake. We'd never dream of doing anything that would permanently damage the vehicle or embarrass the owner too much. Putting sardines or mothballs in the car or trashing the inside would be frowned upon, to say the least.

We do it to some extent. (I live in the south-east United States). However, it's more along the lines of tying cans/shoes to the bumper, maybe writing various phrases on the windows with (WASHABLE!) paint, and perhaps if things are really crazy, hooking the brake up to the horn so that the horn sounds when the driver hits the brake. We'd never dream of doing anything that would permanently damage the vehicle or embarrass the owner too much. Putting sardines or mothballs in the car or trashing the inside would be frowned upon, to say the least.

I'm in the mid-west. I know someone who had to delay their honeymoon (road-trip/camping) by two days due the extent of the car trashing at their wedding. Married on Saturday, they had to wait until it was fixed Monday morning before they could leave. Someone had put something (I'm not sure exactly what) in the gas tank to make the car belch smoke but whatever it was the car wouldn't run.

I'm in the mid-west. I know someone who had to delay their honeymoon (road-trip/camping) by two days due the extent of the car trashing at their wedding. Married on Saturday, they had to wait until it was fixed Monday morning before they could leave. Someone had put something (I'm not sure exactly what) in the gas tank to make the car belch smoke but whatever it was the car wouldn't run.

That's awful, just awful. Doing anything that would permanently damage the vehicle is frowned upon. It's more a fun attempt to embarrass the couple on their get-away from the reception.

Josiah is apparently helping out with tornado clean up along with others from ALERT.

instagram.com/p/n6M3zomlf8/

ETA for riffles

I saw a program on the Smithsonian Channel the other day about how well we are adapted to running. Part of the program dealt with Ethiopian runners and how they are start out running barefoot. Wearing minimalist shoes like Vibrams really is healthier for your feet and legs.

It's fine for Johanna to go barefoot.

My feet have never felt better since switching to minimalist running shoes. (I don't run, just walk.)

I'm from California and my family (from various parts of California and the east coast) also "trash the car." But, along the lines of your version, not the Duggar version. Like we've used silly string and shaving cream (on the windows, not the paint), those car markers, maybe some toilet paper off the bumper (depending on if we have any on hand). But it's all cute, tasteful, and not too distracting (or well most of the time; the first time we did it, there were 14 people between the ages of 3 and 13 who were participating, so that time it kinda got out of hand with all the people wanting to leave their mark lol).

Josiah is apparently helping out with tornado clean up along with others from ALERT.

instagram.com/p/n6M3zomlf8/

ETA for riffles

Good for him: I think that's what ALERT cadets should be doing.

JD creeps me out. He has that "Deliverance" look about him. He looks like a lot of the killer caretakers they show on the ID channel murder shows- just a little bit slow but with lots of evil tapes playing in his mind. I would hate to call for a tow while on a dark deserted back road and having him show up.

Around here, it's also along the lines of silly string, toilet paper, and those window-paint markers. Cosmetic stuff is okay, but actual damage is just rude and inconsiderate. If someone had put sardines in the car, or something in the gas tank, I would have released my wedding stress in a hissyfit of epic proportions.

I hope your friends got the culprits to pay the repair bill at least. Damaging someone else's car as a prank is just a jackass-ish thing to do, IMO.

Archived