IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

I don't know about others but I feel uncomfortable posting the links to their home. I mean, I know the Pickles Duggar FB page posted it, and thats their prerogative, but I dont feel comfortable with it being posted here. There are minors living there with a mother who we can see from the show spends a lot of time alone (well with the kids). That coupled with the cray cray fanaticism of the leghumpers does not bode well. This is all imho, but had to mention. I am not sure if posting their info is against our terms of use, or if others even care about posting personal info like that, so feel free to weigh in. We are already under a ton of scrutiny from the fundies we snark on, dont want to actually give them a valid reason to hate on us. .02 cents

I believe the house is empty now, they already moved out

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I miss when somebody said where J&A and the M'childs went? Did they leave DC? Or just moved to a different house?

Did I miss when somebody said where J&A and the M'childs went? Did they leave DC? Or just moved to a different house?

I think all we know for sure is they moved/are moving

I don't blame the older daughters from considering any decent fundie in pants to get out of that zoo. Not just the physical work but the constant activity is havoc on the mind. Like living in a freaking airport for all their lives.

You're 100% sure? Just a quick glance it kind of looks like Ben but when you really look closely it doesn't look so much like him. Plus Ben has a typical look that a lot of men have when you look quickly at them but then upon further inspection you can see differences in appearance.

I'm never 100% sure about anything including my own existence, but I am 99% sure that is Ben Seewald. If it's not, Jana is courting his secret identical twin.

I believe the house is empty now, they already moved out

Oh ok then I don't have a problem with it. My main concern was for their safety. Can you cite a source confirming that they have already moved out and not just listed the home for rent? It may be different there, but where I live, folks list rentals even before they are moved out for a whole host of reasons, e.g. because it can take forever to find a good match, etc.

I think all we know for sure is they moved/are moving

YAY! we can expect another Duggar moving episode (or 3)!!!!11!!1111!!!!!1!! :angry-banghead: :ew:

YAY! we can expect another Duggar moving episode (or 3)!!!!11!!1111!!!!!1!! :angry-banghead: :ew:

Maybe this time they'll switch it up and J&A and M3 will take the detour and go visit the Keller compound in Florida while J'Boob and Mullet have to camp in their new backyard for a week in the bus?

It looks like Ben to me. Wish we could see all of Jana's outfit, I've noticed the whole thing with Duggar couples liking the matchy matchy thing. If its not Ben, that sure is a creepy lookalike!

Random thought:

After learning about the Duggars and their lifestyle and core beliefs, my Very Irish Catholic Upbringing seems almost radical in comparison. Mind you, I don't resent my upbringing at all and I had a very happy childhood; I'm still Catholic by my own choice but without as hard and straight a belief system as my parents and my siblings.

But, my four siblings and I were allowed to do things that the Quiverfull followers say NOT to do. We could have guy friends, we could give them 'full hugs', my sisters were allowed to date (I am too, but I consider guys to be just friends) and even *gasp* kiss their dates BEFORE marriage! Though we were home-schooled, we weren't shielded from outside theories such as evolution, though our materials did take a Creationist stance. I remember watching TV programs and bringing books from the library that talked all about evolution, and I was never censored. I could be friends with kids/teens of other belief systems. And I was allowed to question Christianity/Catholicism or diverge from the hard-and-straight beliefs, though, admittedly, the reaction was not always respectful; one of the more memorable reactions was my sister telling me that I was questioning God by 'criticizing' the Church's stance on women's ordination. I had posted this on Facebook, hoping for a rational discussion, and that was my sister's idea of a rational reply, I suppose... But I was still allowed to speak my mind!

Anyway, I think I just needed to get that out there, lol.

And I am Catholic by my *own* choice, but I've always imagined in my head what would happen if I chose another denomination, or none at all...

It's crazy how glasses can change how a person looks. Not as drastically as the Superman universe seems to think, but they definitely make a difference, especially in a low quality video :P :?

It's a shame Ben and Jana aren't closer in age. She would really benefit from all that sweet talk more than Jessa!

Lately Ben has been combing his hair down (perhaps to imitate Jessa's bangs?) and the guy in this picture seems to have shorter hair in front.

The instagram photo of Jessa and Ben from earlier in that same day, Ben was wearing a dark red shirt and a tie. The video guy was wearing a blue shirt, and the hair is not as derpy.

The instagram photo of Jessa and Ben from earlier in that same day, Ben was wearing a dark red shirt and a tie. The video guy was wearing a blue shirt, and the hair is not as derpy.

The photo was posted to instagram on the same day but it may not have been taken on the same day.

It looks like Ben to me. Wish we could see all of Jana's outfit, I've noticed the whole thing with Duggar couples liking the matchy matchy thing. If its not Ben, that sure is a creepy lookalike!

It kind of is isn't it? :? Damn.

If that guy is not Ben, and Jana is courting him....that is royally creepy. I really hope those pics were just taken on different days, and it is Ben in different outfits.

8-)

If that guy is not Ben, and Jana is courting him....that is royally creepy. I really hope those pics were just taken on different days, and it is Ben in different outfits.

I just stalked Ben's Facebook page and in 60 or so pictures he is not wearing glasses in any of them. I didn't see the tell tale contact ring in his eyes.

So maybe......

ETA: Corrrect spelling errors

Ben has worn glasses in the past, I'm sure of it. I think there are photos of him wearing glasses on the duggars tumblr but they'd be buried way back somewhere.

I just realized I need a life. This is a picture of Ben in the same position as the mystery man. Mystery man's nose is more pointed.

post-10114-14451998913719_thumb.jpg

Ok long time lurker & attempting to not make a complete ass of myself, BUT did anyone notice on the Duggar fam IG that Jana was next to this random dude and then when the video would have had them together in direct sight it pans toward the ground (the end of video)? Am I just reading to much into this? Anyways Hi.

http://instagram.com/p/n9BXz3Glbf/

Side by side....? I think its Ben.

I'm still thinking its Ben. (Not that it holds any merit,) but someone posted on instagram at the bottom something along the lines about Ben looking cute.

I remember that pic coming across Instagram and thinking "oh Ben looks better with glasses". It's totally him.

Random thought:

After learning about the Duggars and their lifestyle and core beliefs, my Very Irish Catholic Upbringing seems almost radical in comparison. Mind you, I don't resent my upbringing at all and I had a very happy childhood; I'm still Catholic by my own choice but without as hard and straight a belief system as my parents and my siblings.

But, my four siblings and I were allowed to do things that the Quiverfull followers say NOT to do. We could have guy friends, we could give them 'full hugs', my sisters were allowed to date (I am too, but I consider guys to be just friends) and even *gasp* kiss their dates BEFORE marriage! Though we were home-schooled, we weren't shielded from outside theories such as evolution, though our materials did take a Creationist stance. I remember watching TV programs and bringing books from the library that talked all about evolution, and I was never censored. I could be friends with kids/teens of other belief systems. And I was allowed to question Christianity/Catholicism or diverge from the hard-and-straight beliefs, though, admittedly, the reaction was not always respectful; one of the more memorable reactions was my sister telling me that I was questioning God by 'criticizing' the Church's stance on women's ordination. I had posted this on Facebook, hoping for a rational discussion, and that was my sister's idea of a rational reply, I suppose... But I was still allowed to speak my mind!

Anyway, I think I just needed to get that out there, lol.

And I am Catholic by my *own* choice, but I've always imagined in my head what would happen if I chose another denomination, or none at all...

I went to a catholic mass with my family (though I'm no longer a believer) and the homily talked about how there was a letter a Jesuit priest sent to the other priests in which he said "Faith is the unfearing pursuit of truth. You can't lose it by questioning your beliefs."

I just want so badly for fundies to be able to say that to their followers. To be as okay with exploring options as I've seen the Catholic Church be (and this comes not only from that quote, but from the fact that all the Catholic high schools I know of included world religion courses that were required; and the confirmation process required us to talk to religious leaders from other religions).

Archived