IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like how Josie isn't just Josie, it's "Miracle Josie"! Biased much?

Especially since none of the other kids get anything quite so fancy on their names!

"Jim Bob and Michelle! Discuss the wonderful Godly couple here!" :ew:

And what's with Jedidiah and Jeremiah having to share while everyone else not married/engaged/courtship has their own?

Well it looks like it was changed. Everyone is in a "group" now except Josie. She is still the miracle baby, and has her own forum.

Well it looks like it was changed. Everyone is in a "group" now except Josie. She is still the miracle baby, and has her own forum.

Yes, because she is J'chelle's "special child," and the "testament" to the miracle of life. She will get the best of everything and the most attention growing up. However, J'chelle better watch out for the children scorned.

Does anyone else think that Josie is super weird looking? I know it's mean, but I can't help it...it's like you can TELL that she didn't get enough uterus time!!

Does anyone else think that Josie is super weird looking? I know it's mean, but I can't help it...it's like you can TELL that she didn't get enough uterus time!!

Most preemies that are born as early as she is carry the look of a preemie until they're at least 6 or so. She will look "normal" eventually.

Most preemies that are born as early as she is carry the look of a preemie until they're at least 6 or so. She will look "normal" eventually.

Oh well that's good to know. I felt bad for the poor kid!!

So is this supposed to be some sort of response to FJ? Freaking Hilarious! I think we have just found a new place for snarkable info/fodder. :lol:

This is an excellent opportunity for the Duggar fans to start getting all sanctimonious on each other rather than us. If it catches on I just see it becoming a bickering session about vaccinating or fighting over whose miracle child is more miraculous than someone else's miracle child.

I also have taken the Lactaid pills and know tons of people who have given them to their children. They are available over the counter and are safe for children 4 and older. You just take some before ingesting dairy.

I was just going to mention Lactaid (lactase supplements). I keep a healthy supply of Target's house-brand version in the house, and as far as I know there's no age limitation on it. It occurs naturally in your body, except for those of us with a low supply, so it should be okay. Lactaid also makes lactose-free milk and other stuff. I'm okay with small amounts of lactose, especially when mixed with other things, but milk/cheese/ice cream on an empty stomach leads to very unpleasant experiences. And lactose turns up in the oddest places. Salt & vinegar Pringles, for example, now have milk-based ingredients. I found out the hard way. Same for roast-chicken flavor ramen, but not the normal chicken. Go figure.

Michelle's behavior in that episode was sickening.

This. The reason I even noticed was his crying face looked just like hers. Waited a few minutes and then confirmed. "All our older kids have cameras on their phones, so they all had them out and filming." Still get enraged over this to this day.

Oh well that's good to know. I felt bad for the poor kid!!

In the newest episodes, she's starting to lose the look a little. Good for her! I wish her the best out of all those kids because of the circumstances of her birth/early life.

Sometimes I wonder if Michelle may one day come to resent her for being the last or somehow come to blame her for "ruining" her fertility or something (if she doesn't just save all her resentment her oldest girls for having babies, which is also super likely).

Yes, because she is J'chelle's "special child," and the "testament" to the miracle of life. She will get the best of everything and the most attention growing up. However, J'chelle better watch out for the children scorned.

I think Michelle likes Josie because she appears to be so small and fragile, which makes it easier to infantilize her, sort like what happened to Gary Coleman on "Diff'rent Strokes" where he played a ten-year old for about five or six years. I bet when Josie starts to look more like a normal child and less babyish, Michelle will lose interest in her.

I think Michelle likes Josie because she appears to be so small and fragile, which makes it easier to infantilize her, sort like what happened to Gary Coleman on "Diff'rent Strokes" where he played a ten-year old for about five or six years. I bet when Josie starts to look more like a normal child and less babyish, Michelle will lose interest in her.

I think she will always baby her to a certain degree. It's pretty normal for most parents to baby their youngest child, because your youngest always seems like a "baby" until you have another one and realize how big they are compared to your newborn! Of course in this situation everything is just taken to an extreme. I'm guessing even if Josie hadn't been a preemie, Michelle would treat her as the baby as long as she didn't get pregnant again. Even more so because she can't stand the thought of not having any more babies.

I'm not sure if you can give Imodium (I think it's called?) to small children. My cousin, however, is lactose intolerant, and she can handle some dairy some of the time when she takes the medication.

Does anyone know of this could be the case with Josie, or can you not give it to children that small?

Imodium (loperamide) is for stopping diarrhea once it's already started.

The over the counter medications that help digest Lactose should be taken prior to consuming the food.

You can get lactose-free anything. But, it is possible that she isn't lactose intolerant anymore. Quite often children that are born with it grow out of it, my grandson did. It has to do with an enzyme not being produced at birth, that develops over time.

I would imagine that you wouldn't give her regular dairy if she was still intolerant for the simple reason that you would not want to have to deal with the effects.

I hope she outgrew the lactose intolerance as well as those pesky floating intestines.

When Michelle took Jessa to see Ben, JB took the kids out of Pizza. They showed Josie eating pizza with cheese. I wonder if that's the medication we saw then, too? The duggars are definitely the kind of people who just medicate her in order to not change their dairy infested diet.

The "medication" that allows people with lactose intolerance to eat regular dairy products is not really medication. It is Lactase, an enzyme which lactose intolerant people do not produce. Replacing the missing enzyme (lactase) allows them to digest lactose.

Poor kid. One of my daughters got poison oak that badly, and we're in an area where it's everywhere. Miserable.

When I was about 9 we had gone camping for the weekend in a state forest. My brother and I were running around in the forest and I tripped over a log and landed face down on a poison ivy plant. By the time I got home a day later my face was as red as Hannies. My mom literally slathered calamie lotion on my face and I looked like a pepto bismal bottle.

This. The reason I even noticed was his crying face looked just like hers. Waited a few minutes and then confirmed. "All our older kids have cameras on their phones, so they all had them out and filming." Still get enraged over this to this day.

In the newest episodes, she's starting to lose the look a little. Good for her! I wish her the best out of all those kids because of the circumstances of her birth/early life.

Sometimes I wonder if Michelle may one day come to resent her for being the last or somehow come to blame her for "ruining" her fertility or something (if she doesn't just save all her resentment her oldest girls for having babies, which is also super likely).

How would it be Josie's fault you can have any more kids??? If she does that that would be fucked up. It isn't her fault blame Mother Nature.

As long as she doesn't have any more kids, she will always treat Josie different...her miracle baby. (eyeroll) Because in some sick roundabout way having Josie be "speshul" gives Mullet the attention she thinks she deserves.

So is this supposed to be some sort of response to FJ?

Well, FJ gets a mention in the first rule for posting there:

1: Be nice!

We should be able to police ourselves. We should be open to hearing all sides. I doubt someone from Free Jinger or any place like that is going to show up because they think this place is boring, but if someone does, we are going to be the bigger person. We will be nice, or ignore them. If they get out of hand, then we will ban them.

Archived