IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a challenge to me :whistle:

Well shoot, if you can't snark on the Duggars, what else is there to talk about in a "clean, wholesome" forum? It's not like this family actually does anything noteworthy, other than sell their various pervert-headed ministries (which I'm sure you probably won't be allowed to discuss).

Honestly. They could have "taken the high road" and said snark forums or websites with generally negative views about the Duggars. But....they decided to take a cheap shot at us and stereotype the [very diverse] group of users that we are, which makes me really mad. It doesn't take much reading here to see that opinions are rarely unanimous at FJ and its users come from all backgrounds, religions, and cultures. There are FJerites from all over the world.

So, the way I see it, there are only 2 options: Show our faces and be exceptionally nice, proving them wrong and taking a higher road than they have taken, or: bombard the crap out of them until they know the meaning of the word hive. There's no half-assing it, here.

Imodium (loperamide) is for stopping diarrhea once it's already started.

The over the counter medications that help digest Lactose should be taken prior to consuming the food.

Thanks for informing me. You're right, it was the lactaid I was thinking of... But that's also her brand of milk, so I thought I must be wrong. She has Imodium as well, and I can never keep her mess straight.

So, the way I see it, there are only 2 options: Show our faces and be exceptionally nice, proving them wrong and taking a higher road than they have taken, or: bombard the crap out of them until they know the meaning of the word hive.

Or just ignore them altogether.

But then, I'm not much interested in the Duggars, which may be part of why the thought of going to that board makes me yawn.

I just thought it was funny that the board owner actually included FJ in the rules.

So according to the Duggar Tumblr there is a "clean wholesome Duggar forum"

allabouttheduggars.boards.net

OMG! This is going to be fantastic reading! I can't wait!

Honestly. They could have "taken the high road" and said snark forums or websites with generally negative views about the Duggars. But....they decided to take a cheap shot at us and stereotype the [very diverse] group of users that we are, which makes me really mad. It doesn't take much reading here to see that opinions are rarely unanimous at FJ and its users come from all backgrounds, religions, and cultures. There are FJerites from all over the world.

So, the way I see it, there are only 2 options: Show our faces and be exceptionally nice, proving them wrong and taking a higher road than they have taken, or: bombard the crap out of them until they know the meaning of the word hive. There's no half-assing it, here.

I think that website will be a ghost town. I don't think we should give it any traffic or attention. I watch a variety of reality shows; I frequent associated websites where viewers snark on the shows. I can't really think of any positive forums out here for tv shows (except maybe The Little Couple?). Duggars have several positive Facebook pages and the Bates have a positive family blog, which is fine. But positive forum... what will they talk about? "Jill is married! Congrats! May God bless them and their family." "They are so much better than the Kardashians". "I loved tonight's episode". How many times can that be said? Someone enlighten me, cause I don't get it.

Haha. Is it too mean to snark on them?

"Miracle Josie!" :roll:

The reason gossip sites and snark boards prevail is because people like to chew the fat. We like to speculate and look for the seedy underbelly in everything. Do we sometimes take this too far, absolutely, but that doesn't make us mean spirited people. We are enjoying the fact that reality television characters (yes, they are acting! and it's scripted) have a none too perfect life behind the curtain. It isn't because we want to tear down other human beings, but rather muse about the behind the scenes. Not to mention, most of the Duggar board posters on FJ genuinely like and are fans of many members of the Duggar family.

OMG! This is going to be fantastic reading! I can't wait!

Just what the world needs another site with a bunch of leg humpers praising the duggers. Though does the world a dugger mocking site either?

They changed the rules from "Free Jinger or some place like that" to "snark forums"

I don't mean to disrespect them, but wouldn't it just be faster to join this board?

I mean we're a wide variety of people, creating a new board with not much traffic just to avoid some seems silly to me.

If everyone agrees, it's not going to be a successful forum, unless everyone quotes the first post, and types "THIS" after it.

Idk, I also don't like confrontation, but I do a pretty good job at avoiding it while joining forums where they're are a bunch of opinions.

They changed the rules from "Free Jinger or some place like that" to "snark forums"

They very obviously read here.

I think that website will be a ghost town. I don't think we should give it any traffic or attention.

I agree... I understand that other people might want to go on there, but I'm not going to myself. This place has sucked out too much of my time already, lol.

Them and everyone else. Like most fundies and fundie leghumpers, however, they will never admit it.

"Diplomacy is to do or say the nastiest thing in the nicest way". I'm not sure whose quote that is and I'm too lazy now to look it up. It sure sounds like a challenge to me!

I don't mean to disrespect them, but wouldn't it just be faster to join this board?

I mean we're a wide variety of people, creating a new board with not much traffic just to avoid some seems silly to me.

If everyone agrees, it's not going to be a successful forum, unless everyone quotes the first post, and types "THIS" after it.

Idk, I also don't like confrontation, but I do a pretty good job at avoiding it while joining forums where they're are a bunch of opinions.

They won't join this board for the same reason that fundies homeschool, don't watch tv, and don't form friendships with those outside their faith--they can't handle being challenged.

Yeah no joke, because if it's a new site why would the new site's rules say FJers "think" the site is boring? Not "probably will think", but like we already think the site is boring. It's brand new and no one here was even discussing it, so how would our finding it dull make it into the rules before the fact?

There's practically no activity on that boring board.

This is where they got the idea we thought the board was boring I guess.

Still, its pretty silly to mention it.

They have a like button. Definitely FJ... the humper edition.

"Diplomacy is to do or say the nastiest thing in the nicest way". I'm not sure whose quote that is and I'm too lazy now to look it up. It sure sounds like a challenge to me!

Isaac Goldberg, The Reflex

Do you think Duggar Tumblr is the one who created it? She is really trying to sell that message board. They only have about 15 members, although it has been up for only two days.

Isaac Goldberg, The Reflex

Thank you. I'm making a note of it. :)

I'm toying with the idea of joining it. Besides, it could possibly produce snarky things for us to discuss over here.

Archived