IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also think there is something to be said about a large age gap and having "authority" over a child since they were a baby. Both of which are more likely to set up the relationship as parent/child or authority/subordinate more naturally.

Joy does not have a super large age gap with what would be her "buddies", plus they already HAVE a relationship with Joy as a sister rather than a sister-mom. Suddenly they are supposed to go from seeing her as an equal to seeing her as their authority?

Yeah, I don't think that's going to go over well.

Not with that bunch of kids, no. I also don't think it's going to go over very well when/if Michelle and Jim Bob attempt to parent them themselves. They could have a mutiny on their hands in another ten years.

I think everyone all the way up to James can take care of themselves. Meaning they don't really need help with much things like dressing, cooking,cleaning,etc. Michelle has nothing to complain about.

I think everyone all the way up to James can take care of themselves. Meaning they don't really need help with much things like dressing, cooking,cleaning,etc. Michelle has nothing to complain about.

So wrong! Michelle can complain about no blessing in the clown car.

Not with that bunch of kids, no. I also don't think it's going to go over very well when/if Michelle and Jim Bob attempt to parent them themselves. They could have a mutiny on their hands in another ten years.

Joy likely got her period. Which pushed her into the "young lady," SAHD mode, and was expected to change her relationships with her brothers.

Joy likely got her period. Which pushed her into the "young lady," SAHD mode, and was expected to change her relationships with her brothers.

But why? I'm close to my brother. We're like best friends more than brother and sister.

Forgot fundies. What rules does gothard have about this?

So wrong! Michelle can complain about no blessing in the clown car.

There's more to life than popping out babies :roll: she needs a new hobby.

There's more to life than popping out babies :roll: she needs a new hobby.

Preferably one that keeps her and Boob vertical.

I do wonder who will be taking care of poor Jordyn when Jessa leaves the family. Not that Jessa has been the best buddy ever, but she is the only mother poor Jordyn has known.

The Duggars and wholesome don't belong in the same sentence. They are too sex obsessed.

Michelle doesn't need a new hobby. She's got eleven schoolchildren to "educate"

Did anyone else notice the greeting Gill and Kelly gave Josiah in the wedding episode? I only point it out because I think it was sweet. Josiah, Kelly and Gil are walking up the front steps Gil stops and gives Josiah a GIANT frontal (I think) hug and then promptly hands him a random Bates baby to hold. Idk how to describe it other than sweet. I just thought it was indicative of a potential support system for Siah in the Bates, it seemed like they genuinely like him and it made me think that its well known in their circle that Josiah likes or is good with babies. You really gotta watch it to understand what I am describing, but I rewound it three times. Interesting to see where (if anywhere) this goes.

Jana, Jason and Jackson

Jill, Joy, James and Jenni

Jessa, Jer, Justin, and Jordyn

Jinger, Jed and Hannie

Thank you! Interesting... JD, Joseph and Josiah aren't in a family group. Neither is Josie-- I assume J'chelle is her buddy still?

I'm guessing that once Jill leaves, Jer and Jed will be released from buddydom and James and Jenni will be redistributed. Then when Jessa goes, Joy will probably take over a couple of them. I wonder how the littles will feel, having their J'families reshuffled.

I do wonder who will be taking care of poor Jordyn when Jessa leaves the family. Not that Jessa has been the best buddy ever, but she is the only mother poor Jordyn has known.

I'd guess she'd be passed on to Joy. Since Joy is the youngest girl-buddy, I figure she'd be given the youngest kids.

On the buddies. As more marry there will also be less excuses...I mean NEED...for buddies

Then what? Either Joy is left in charge of everyone under, say, 15, or Michelle steps up to the plate. Or hey, what if Joy escapes and joins Amy? I bet it'd do wonders for Amy's ratings. (I can dream!) Does Jenni then become the buddy to the rest of the Lost Girls? Or does everyone run wild?

OH MY GOD MICHELLE, PARENT YOUR KIDS. If you even know how anymore.

It really, really made me mad when Michelle said she needed a hobby since she wasn't currently pregnant, but wanted to be. She's got littles splintering off into buddy factions with her older children, and for some reason she doesn't think she needs to parent them. Seriously, Michelle?

Also agree with Talitha Cumi about Joy getting the youngest batch of littles. Odds are she won't be courting and marrying for at least the next 6-8 years, and since she's the youngest of the older Duggar daughters, it will mean there's plenty of time for her to parent the youngest ones to the point where Michelle won't ever have to lift a finger.

I meant that MICHELLE will have to take care of her own kids once the older ones marry--unless they persuade someone to skip "leave and cleave" and stay and live with them and birth their kids there--after all some kid is going to have to take over the big house and take care of JB/M when they are old.

It really, really made me mad when Michelle said she needed a hobby since she wasn't currently pregnant, but wanted to be. She's got littles splintering off into buddy factions with her older children, and for some reason she doesn't think she needs to parent them. Seriously, Michelle?

Also agree with Talitha Cumi about Joy getting the youngest batch of littles. Odds are she won't be courting and marrying for at least the next 6-8 years, and since she's the youngest of the older Duggar daughters, it will mean there's plenty of time for her to parent the youngest ones to the point where Michelle won't ever have to lift a finger.

Didn't JimBoob say once that he didn't need a hobby, because his kids were his hobby? Apparentely Michelle isn't listening to her headship.

As far as taking care of Jboob and Mullet, somewhere in previous episodes and specials wasn't it mentioned that TTH has enough land for all the children to have houses on the plot?

Archived