IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 6

happy atheist

As far as taking care of Jboob and Mullet, somewhere in previous episodes and specials wasn't it mentioned that TTH has enough land for all the children to have houses on the plot?

I remember that too. To me, that sounds really culty, because the underlying message is that all the kids are supposed to be together forever, never changing.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that too. To me, that sounds really culty, because the underlying message is that all the kids are supposed to be together forever, never changing.

Yup! And I distinctly remember JB saying that on the 14 Kids and Preg doc. It's definitely cultish to keep your grown children and their families on the same property. Does the word "compound" mean anything to them?

Poor Joy. Why can't michelle just accept that GOD makes every woman goes through menopause. You don't get pregnant for the rest of your life. Just give up already and be thankful for the kids you have. Selfish people

Poor Joy. Why can't michelle just accept that GOD makes every woman goes through menopause. You don't get pregnant for the rest of your life. Just give up already and be thankful for the kids you have. Selfish people

Exactly. She claims that she leaves her fertility up to God, but if she really did, she wouldn't be trying everything in her power short of ivf to get another one. If she trusted God in that area as she says she does, then she wouldn't feel the need to constantly try to go against what is very obviously happening to her body. Seasons of life, Michelle. Seasons of life. Your baby-having season is OVER.

Yup! And I distinctly remember JB saying that on the 14 Kids and Preg doc. It's definitely cultish to keep your grown children and their families on the same property. Does the word "compound" mean anything to them?

Not necessarily. I live in a part of the US where children build houses on the family plot, because the land is free nd they like their kinfolk. Not cultish at all.

I was thinking more along the lines of "stalag".

Thank you! Interesting... JD, Joseph and Josiah aren't in a family group. Neither is Josie-- I assume J'chelle is her buddy still?

I'm guessing that once Jill leaves, Jer and Jed will be released from buddydom and James and Jenni will be redistributed. Then when Jessa goes, Joy will probably take over a couple of them. I wonder how the littles will feel, having their J'families reshuffled.

It was Josh with Joseph and JD with Josiah. However their buddy groups were never added onto since obviously the boys couldn't be caring for babies or anything. And like previously mentioned Jana has Josie.

I discovered this on Michelle Weiss' facebook. What social media is this? It appears Jinger and Jessa are on whatever it is! It is from January 31st.

post-8402-14451998844088_thumb.jpg

Might it be Faithbook? I just read an article about Christian social media about a week or two ago on abcnews.com. They were highlighting Godinterest or some version of Pinterest, but the article made mention of a thing called Faithbook and a few others.

Edit- if I can find the article before I leave for work I'll post the link.

Edited again because whoops, it was Patheos instead:

patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2014/04/15/theres-now-a-pinterest-for-christians/

Then what? Either Joy is left in charge of everyone under, say, 15, or Michelle steps up to the plate. Or hey, what if Joy escapes and joins Amy? I bet it'd do wonders for Amy's ratings. (I can dream!) Does Jenni then become the buddy to the rest of the Lost Girls? Or does everyone run wild?

OH MY GOD MICHELLE, PARENT YOUR KIDS. If you even know how anymore.

AND JimBob, too!!! He appears to do nothing all day, either!

I discovered this on Michelle Weiss' facebook. What social media is this? It appears Jinger and Jessa are on whatever it is! It is from January 31st.

I'm pretty sure that's a pic shared through PhotoStream. Would make sense since the girls all have iPhones, iirc?

Did anyone else notice the greeting Gill and Kelly gave Josiah in the wedding episode? I only point it out because I think it was sweet. Josiah, Kelly and Gil are walking up the front steps Gil stops and gives Josiah a GIANT frontal (I think) hug and then promptly hands him a random Bates baby to hold. Idk how to describe it other than sweet. I just thought it was indicative of a potential support system for Siah in the Bates, it seemed like they genuinely like him and it made me think that its well known in their circle that Josiah likes or is good with babies. You really gotta watch it to understand what I am describing, but I rewound it three times. Interesting to see where (if anywhere) this goes.

I noticed that too! And yes, it was very sweet, it made me happy to see them so affectionate with him, and just that tiny little bit of interaction seemed more natural than Jim Bob and Michelle with any of their kids. But then again, we mostly see them in staged situations.

It might have already been touced upon but has anyone else noticed the phrase of the week, "INSTANTLY OBEY?" I notice Joy used it when speaking to the little girls and Anna used it with her baby voice talking to Michael before going to the store. The phrase just gives me the creeps. Not sure why but it does!

Not necessarily. I live in a part of the US where children build houses on the family plot, because the land is free nd they like their kinfolk. Not cultish at all.

In my part of the woods, a lot of families move back to the homestead and build homes on the family land.

In my part of the woods, a lot of families move back to the homestead and build homes on the family land.

I don't think many people in your area have "multi-generational plans" to turn America into a Christian theocracy, though. Therein lies the difference.

I'm pretty sure that's a pic shared through PhotoStream. Would make sense since the girls all have iPhones, iirc?

I dont use photostream so would explain why I didn't recognize the set up.

Maybe they J'families will set up subdivisions on the TTH property. Benessaville, JillyDillyLand, Janaville & Jingerton. Pig Boy (JD) and Joe could stay permanently at the TTH or pick a J'community to build in. As the younger members of each J'family marry, they would build a home within their J'family's subdivision. JB's dream of his entire family on the compound property would be fulfilled, and J'chelle would never have to lift a finger because she'd soon have hundreds of family members at the compound. The TTH could be the community center, as well as JB & J'chelle's living quarters. If J & A return, they could build on the property or just move back into Grandma's house and laugh at everyone.

It might have already been touced upon but has anyone else noticed the phrase of the week, "INSTANTLY OBEY?" I notice Joy used it when speaking to the little girls and Anna used it with her baby voice talking to Michael before going to the store. The phrase just gives me the creeps. Not sure why but it does!

No wonder this leads to abusers like Got hard! If you're conditioned to obey [authority] instantly from the youngest age, you are setting your children up to have their boundaries trampled by said authority.

[quote

No wonder this leads to abusers like Got hard! If you're conditioned to obey [authority] instantly from the youngest age, you are setting your children up to have their boundaries trampled by said authority.

Instantly Obey...that makes me think of the ferry sinking and how many of the kids obeyed the order to stay where they were and not evacuate. The society the kids were raised in taught the importance of instant obedience. Kinda sad. Makes me wonder if the Duggar kids would have obeyed the order to stay where they were because of how they were taught to "instantly obey".

Archived