IGNORED

Shades of Malibu Blue: Alyssa Bates & John Webster Wedding

freethemall

Alyssa looks so...normal in the pictures tagged honeymoon. Like she could be any other not fundie 19 year old girl. Woah.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to scream if the pink and green are Dill's wedding colors. Those are MY wedding colors... and we're getting married on the same day...

...I need a gaggle of fans to start attacking my registry. Cough up, people. It's what Jesus would do.

Those were mine as well.

Those were mine as well.

Me three. I got some 'pink and green should never be seen' comments...it was beautiful, suck it! :nenner:

So any bets on when a pregnancy announcement will be made? I'm going with end of summer.

It'll be sad, though, if gets pregnant before Erin, so I hope she's pregnant before then.

So any bets on when a pregnancy announcement will be made? I'm going with end of summer.

It'll be sad, though, if gets pregnant before Erin, so I hope she's pregnant before then.

I'm guessing she comes back from the honeymoon pregnant.

I'm thinking fourth of July announcement, myself.

Really? To each their own, and I really didn't care for the alternating hot pink and blue bridesmaids dresses either.....but I think this gray color for a wedding is just awful. It's not flattering on any of them and it's kind of depressing, to me, it looks more like what you'd wear to a funeral if you decided not to wear black. ( well not a long dress obviously, that would look strange, but that basic color and style)

I don't know, I think that hot pink/blue 80s/90s vibe just might be her thing, like how some people have that 50s /Bettie Page kind of vibe.

That's what makes weddings so fun to gawk out, there are so many choices and it's great to see how one persons idea of God Awful tacky is another's dream come true.

Those are the colour of my bridesmaids dresses. We get married in November...

at the end of the day... who cares what colours she had. it's her wedding. her first time getting to choose something like that! i applaud her husband for letting her have whatever colours she wanted.

i got married the day before alyssa and our bridesmaids were in black one-shouldered long chiffon dresses, silver sparkly shoes and our groomsmen were in medium grey suits with white shirts and black and silver striped ties (husband had a white/silver striped tie). before the wedding day when i'd tell people what my bridal colours were, they'd usually make a face and say "black?" because i know they'd think 'is it a wedding, or a funeral?' but even if they had've said it to my face, i/my husband wouldn't have cared less because they're the colours we wanted.

at the wedding a lot of people came up to us applauding us for our choice of colours.

]

Beautiful! I love, love, love black as a primary wedding color & don't feel it's used enough. You can use pretty much anything to add a splash of any color & it looks so classy. My partner & I are torn on wedding colors because I really want to use black & white but since we both will be in suits, I think it will end up looking funeral'ish. She thinks I should wear a white suit, since she is super butch & would look ridiculous in white, but every time I try one on I feel like I look like a toddler on Easter. :?

PeaceLoveCoffee: Pure white or even off white is a tough color for most people to pull off. Have you thought about ecru or a tan color?

PeaceLoveCoffee: Pure white or even off white is a tough color for most people to pull off. Have you thought about ecru or a tan color?

I did but both looked horrible with my super white skin. :cry: The more we wedding plan the more we realize how non-traditional we really are & that we just want to be ourselves & feel comfortable so I think we're going to go another way altogether. Since it will be an outdoor wedding, we'll probably both wear khaki shorts & white linen shirts- with a splash of hot pink & mailbu blue accents, of course. ;)

Pssh...you'd think they'd have a cake decorating class when you get your Ph.D in homemaking...

You laugh. It's probably coming. Ladies can already get their bachelors and masters degrees in that very subject at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/rel ... king_N.htm

http://catalog.swbts.edu/education/mast ... entrations

Me three. I got some 'pink and green should never be seen' comments...it was beautiful, suck it! :nenner:

You ladies should allow some grace for those of us who survived 80s weddings. Multiple weddings of multiple Pepto Bismol pink dresses. And dyed to match shoes. In one case pink panty hose on grown ass women. And hats. Oh God, the pink hats. It takes a lifetime to get over those humiliations. Pink is a trigger word for some of us.

About the idea of an 80s retro wedding? That is NOT funny.

Yep, I had those hideous dyed-to-match pumps in peach, mauve, and teal complete with dropped-waist, puffy-sleeved dresses with gigantic bows on the back.

I was just going to say the same thing about the dresses I had to wear in the 80s. My high school and college BFF got married in 1987, and I had to wear the puffy sleeved, drop-waist monstrosity in hunter green with a PINK bow on the ass.

Of course, she wore peach Gunne Sax to our senior prom in 1983, while I was in mini-length black, black lace stockings, and purple hair. Maybe the maid of honor dress from hell (with pointy satin pumps dyed to match) was her mother getting back at me for ruining the prom photos.

Edited for important details, like correct dates.

Also...do you think Alyssa was at all aware of Kim and Kanye being married the same day???

I doubt she's ever heard of them. Something I wish I could say about myself.

I'm going to scream if the pink and green are Dill's wedding colors. Those are MY wedding colors... and we're getting married on the same day...

Maybe Jilly Dilly has been stalking your Pinterest.

Yep, I had those hideous dyed-to-match pumps in peach, mauve, and teal complete with dropped-waist, puffy-sleeved dresses with gigantic bows on the back.

I have a mauve flower girl dress like that. Because we were kids we didn't have to wear matching shoes, we got to wear white socks and sandals.

The bridesmaids had the same dress as the flower girls, except it was pastel yellow.

I'm just thinking based on what we've seen already (Alyssa is definitely the least conservatively dressed of her sisters), if the majority of women in John's family aren't skirts-only we may well see her in jeans or slacks (or even SHORTS, dare to dream) before long. Seriously, I'm predicting a modest (by normal people's standards) tank top and capri pants soon.

John's sisters are Elizabeth (married with one kid) and Tori (Alyssa's age, not married) both of whom were bridesmaids for Alyssa. Tori was even her maid of honour and will be living close by, which suggests they will have some influence on her. Both wear pants and shorts. There are photos of Tori in denim shorts that are well above her knee. Still modest, and so refreshing!

As for in laws, I know the one married to David (?) who has three kids is definitely comfortable in jeans. However Olivia Webster (nee Fredrickson) who just so happens to be Gothard's niece seems to only wear skirts. So yeah, wouldn't be too surprised if she sticks it out.

Is Olivia (Gothard's niece) the daughter of his creepy brother(the one who encouraged to step down from IBLP in the eighties after his sexual proclivities were made public), or does Gothard have more family?

I would love to think this is just a booty-call stop like Erin's but it worries me that her instagram doesn't say "STARTING our honeymoon in Gatlinburg" just "honeymooning in Gatlinburg". But hey maybe he's keeping an extra destination a surprise from her, maybe she thinks this is the whole thing? That'd be romantic

I'm 90% sure Kelly said in a blog comment that they advise couples spend a couple of nights close by because yeah :sleeping: That's what both Zach/Whit and Chad/Erin did. Kelly said that Alyssa wanted it to be a surprise, so it's possible she knew they'd be in Tennessee for the first part, but doesn't know where they're going next. I think its highly likely they go off somewhere else next. Alyssa's a history buff and John's into politics so somewhere interesting???

Is Olivia (Gothard's niece) the daughter of his creepy brother(the one who encouraged to step down from IBLP in the eighties after his sexual proclivities were made public), or does Gothard have more family?

No, I think she is related to him through one of his sisters, and I think she is only a grand-niece not an actual niece. Which makes sense considering he's like 70 and she is 22 years old.

John's sisters are Elizabeth (married with one kid) and Tori (Alyssa's age, not married) both of whom were bridesmaids for Alyssa. Tori was even her maid of honour and will be living close by, which suggests they will have some influence on her. Both wear pants and shorts. There are photos of Tori in denim shorts that are well above her knee. Still modest, and so refreshing!

Elizabeth Webster Miller, John's sister is married to an ATI guy as well.

Here's her engagement announcement:

http://www.wotimes.com/articles/2010/03 ... cial03.txt

No, I think she is related to him through one of his sisters, and I think she is only a grand-niece not an actual niece. Which makes sense considering he's like 70 and she is 22 years old.

Sorry, yeah she's a great niece! Gothard's sister, Laura married James "Jim" Heiniger in 1955. They had five kids, the eldest of whom, another Laura married Dwight Fredrickson. Their kids include Olivia and Evy (photographer). You can see all the info here: youtube.com/watch?v=0NkIhazHctQ

Archived