IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

Doesn't the second syllable have to be a 'k' sound?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...

riffing off Mackynzie

Mikayla o sorry Mykayla

Macayla

ok bored with this game already

Makenna, then.

Or Macaw or M'Kangaroo. :lol:

I still think it'll be some variation of Maddie. Madeleine or Madison probably. I have a feeling Mac got the worst of the trendy spelling since Anna was so young, and things will be a bit more normal from here on out.

I like Maya, Mona, Mia, and Margaret, but I'm not sure I can see Anna going for any of those - maybe Mia? Just please God, no Michelle.

Do you think they went through a baby name book before their first child just to see how many M names they could think up? If Anna hits the double digits and other people in their families start using up some M names, are they going to be using last resort names just to stay with the letter M? We might have a Mallorca, Mocha, and Mohammed Duggar by 2025 if they start getting desperate.

If they have more boys, I guess we'll get Matthew, Miles, Max...I honestly can't think of many other M names I can see them going for. Hopefully Josh learned from Jinger's pain and they won't start naming them Moseph or Matalie or Mephanie.

Honestly, I think that may have just been a coincidence.... and I hope they're not planning to have many more children if that's the case because that's even more limiting than just choosing a letter.

Because cutesy. And apparently JB and Michelle started it because they named the first one Josh, and then Jana and John-David were named after friends (IIRC), and then they said "well, we don't want the other kids to be left out" and here we are.

I've always loved (sarcasm) Mullets explanation of the J theme, but wait you named your second child Caleb. I think Caleb was not named until they saw the mileage they could get out of their birth control mishap (if that even happened due to BC). I think they always intended on an letter theme and Anna wants to be Michelle so badly (bordering on single white female) that she thought she'd get major points for carrying on with a letter theme.

Sorry for the slightly off topic.

I think M4 would be a really great name or how about Macarena. Just think of all the spelling ways they could screw that up. :lol:

edited because the wrist braces are really destroying my typing. lol

Macaw

Macaron

McCarthy

Macaroni

Macabre?

Meredith...as long as they don't butcher the spelling I'm fine with it. Only the coolest people are named Meredith. 8-)

Meredith...as long as they don't butcher the spelling I'm fine with it. Only the coolest people are named Meredith. 8-)

I love that name! I had a sweet teacher named Meredith.

My favorite M name for a girl is Molly.

Meredith Ann.

And until now I hadn't realized the k sound. Hope it was not intentional

Lots of people are hating on Anna for the spelling of Mackynzie's name. Some people are also using Mackynzie's name to predict that the fourth child will also have a cutesy/trendy girl name. I disagree. I read elsewhere on FJ that Mackynzie's name is only spelled that way because it's a (last?) name from Anna's family tree, and that was the original spelling. Has anyone else heard that? Anyway, if that's the case, I think there's a better chance baby # 4 won't have a trendy name. I mean, Marcus and Michael are not trendy at all. So fingers crossed.

Maranatha. I'm not sure I've seen this one yet. I suppose my guess list is up to Manna, Midwife, and Maranatha. I'm sure Anna will choose one of those. :lol:

Thank is a damn good Maxwell baby name.

Macabre Maxwell.

Oh. My. God. :clap:

Haven't read the entire thread. But I am putting my guess in as Millicent. And they will call her Millie. But maybe that's just my guess because I like the nickname Millie...ha!

In that episode recently they beeped out her saying a name that seemed like two syllables. You guys probably discussed this already so I need to go back and read the entire thread. But my husband is convinced she said "Mary."

Molly is a damn good name, if I say so myself. It would also be a nice way of subtlely naming a child after Grandma Mary. I will let them use the name on the condition that they spell it correctly. If they name their child Molleigh, I will do something not nice. Like give Anna misleading directions on the metro.

Lots of people are hating on Anna for the spelling of Mackynzie's name. Some people are also using Mackynzie's name to predict that the fourth child will also have a cutesy/trendy girl name. I disagree. I read elsewhere on FJ that Mackynzie's name is only spelled that way because it's a (last?) name from Anna's family tree, and that was the original spelling. Has anyone else heard that? Anyway, if that's the case, I think there's a better chance baby # 4 won't have a trendy name. I mean, Marcus and Michael are not trendy at all. So fingers crossed.

I thought Anna said she spelled it differently because someone else in their family also had a child named McKenzie(?) so they changed the spelling to differentiate them. I really, really doubt there is anyone in Anna's family with the last name Mackynzie. That is not a traditional spelling of any name (first or last) from ANY background as far as I know. Unless someone in their family immigrated to the states and the person doing their paperwork forgot their glasses that day. MacKenzie and McKenzie are "real" last names, though.

I like it too, except now that it's a slang name for a rather potent derivative of ecstasy, I wonder if the popularity of the name will decrease (for example, you don't see too many girls named Mary Jane running around anymore).

I thought Anna said she spelled it differently because someone else in their family also had a child named McKenzie(?) so they changed the spelling to differentiate them. I really, really doubt there is anyone in Anna's family with the last name Mackynzie. That is not a traditional spelling of any name (first or last) from ANY background as far as I know. Unless someone in their family immigrated to the states and the person doing their paperwork forgot their glasses that day. MacKenzie and McKenzie are "real" last names, though.

eho2 you're correct. It is a cousin of Josh (I think though could be Anna) that they met when they attended a wedding. They liked the name and went with it. I just tried to find the explanation on Youtube, but the video is unavailable in the US for copyright. Damn!

I'm sticking with Mommy to make it easier for her younger siblings.

Spelled Momi for the Duggars misspelled trend.

As long as it's not another Mackynzie type deal.

Seeing it spelt that way gives me the sh*ts so badly and I can't even give you a reason why!!! :?

Archived