IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know a Minderella IRL. Cinderella with an M! Everyone calls her Minders.

Why the fuck would someone name their kid Minderella? It sounds like an insult.

What about Morgan? Trendy, non-traditional....

What about Morgan? Trendy, non-traditional....

Too related to Pagan myths? I dunno. I really like the name Morgan, and part of me hopes they don't use it so I can use it eventually. :-p

TLC is showing a marathon of Michelle and Anna births. Nothing much else on cable, so I've been watching.

I sincerely hope Anna manages her labor, pain and fear to birth this 4th baby better than with #2 and #3.

She was in labor with Marcus for 2 hours at home and was moaning and thrashing around like she was dying.

And she had that mega-long Bradley course too ( 12 weeks long, which is at least 9 weeks too long, IMO).

The woman just can't deal with pain, can't breathe through contractions, can't relax between contractions. I swear, I'm a compassionate person, but I've never seen many women carry on like this in a hospital. The attending doctor orders an epidural or some other pain relief long before they get to this animalistic pain level.

She also needs to know when the hell to ask for a hospital transfer for pain control and birth progression.

Toilet birth is just so sad. She should have known what the pressure meant. In 3 months of childbirth classes, I'd think this was covered.

TLC is showing a marathon of Michelle and Anna births. Nothing much else on cable, so I've been watching.

I sincerely hope Anna manages her labor, pain and fear to birth this 4th baby better than with #2 and #3.

She was in labor with Marcus for 2 hours at home and was moaning and thrashing around like she was dying.

And she had that mega-long Bradley course too ( 12 weeks long, which is at least 9 weeks too long, IMO).

The woman just can't deal with pain, can't breathe through contractions, can't relax between contractions. I swear, I'm a compassionate person, but I've never seen many women carry on like this in a hospital. The attending doctor orders an epidural or some other pain relief long before they get to this animalistic pain level.

She also needs to know when the hell to ask for a hospital transfer for pain control and birth progression.

Toilet birth is just so sad. She should have known what the pressure meant. In 3 months of childbirth classes, I'd think this was covered.

I think it's not just the Duggar's but the whole au natural movement thanks to Ricki Lake.

She was really great during Mackynzie's (I think that's right...?) birth, though. Or perhaps those clever editors had me fooled. If anyone can't handle pain, it's JILL :popcorn2: (dentist anyone?)

A little OT but in the last episode, was anyone else surprised to see that Anna had chosen an AA/black midwife for this pregnancy in DC? We haven't seen the Duggars interacting much with anyone non-white while "home" (of course, a different case when traveling -- you know, Jill's "heart for the Spanish people" and everything), despite the demographics in the South. It shouldn't make me like Anna more because it's not really a big deal -- at least shouldn't be -- but is still not what I would have expected!

This. I'm totally sympathetic to labouring women. I've been there 4 times. It's hard and scary no matter how many times you've been through it.

But Anna seemed to totally overreact with Marcus, in my own personal opinion. The whole car trip praying about not giving birth on the way and what not. It seemed like she lost control or was told to ham it up.

It's kind of sad now I actually wrote that. If she WAS freaking out and losing control, not one person in that care gave a sh*t. Michelle pulled her 'keep it sweet' face and that was about the extent of f***s given.

I think Anna is kind of trendy with girl names.. hence MacKynzie, so I would expect another trendy "M" name to surface for baby 4. I think we are going to get Mia or Madison out of Anna because those are the popular "M" names circulating right now. The only other alternative is if Anna and Josh feel in competition with Derrick and Jill and decide to now give their children "M" Biblical names than we may see a Mary or Martha out of them. Unless of course they go with a "trendy" religious name and name their child "Miracle". On another note which "Duggar" sister will be going up to DC to help with the care of the "M" kids while Anna gives birth?

But Anna seemed to totally overreact with Marcus, in my own personal opinion. The whole car trip praying about not giving birth on the way and what not. It seemed like she lost control or was told to ham it up.

It's kind of sad now I actually wrote that. If she WAS freaking out and losing control, not one person in that care gave a sh*t. Michelle pulled her 'keep it sweet' face and that was about the extent of f***s given.

Anna was panicked; but I think she's not told to keep sweet 100% of the time like Mullet so she chose to let it out?

I think it's a shame that people judge how others manage pain. Everyone has different labor pains and every woman deals with it in her own way.

To add to the Marcus labor: she was in a moving vehicle when she was freaking out. For an hour+ drive. In labor. With cameras.

I've never been in labor, but I've had UTIs so painful I honestly thought I would die if I didn't get help soon. I can't imagine that childbirth could be much worse. Simply riding in the car to the doctor's office that's only 15 minutes away is more than I can handle.

I think it's a shame that people judge how others manage pain. Everyone has different labor pains and every woman deals with it in her own way.

Different pain thresholds as well.

I need 4 injections of novacaine to numb my teeth for dental work. My dad is the same.

My mum got several broken bones from her hips down and couldn't feel anything once the morphine wore off.

She can have dental work without injections.

I need 4 injections of novacaine to numb my teeth for dental work. My dad is the same.

My mum got several broken bones from her hips down and couldn't feel anything once the morphine wore off.

ITA. I don't deal with pain well. Most over the counter mess have no effect on me, sadly. I can't help how I experience pain.

So I kind of hope they use Mac names for all of their girls. This one could be MacKayla,then they could have MacCaully and MacKenna.

So I kind of hope they use Mac names for all of their girls. This one could be MacKayla,then they could have MacCaully and MacKenna.

And then Macarena

A little OT but in the last episode, was anyone else surprised to see that Anna had chosen an AA/black midwife for this pregnancy in DC? We haven't seen the Duggars interacting much with anyone non-white while "home" (of course, a different case when traveling -- you know, Jill's "heart for the Spanish people" and everything), despite the demographics in the South. It shouldn't make me like Anna more because it's not really a big deal -- at least shouldn't be -- but is still not what I would have expected!
Because I like going all conspiracy theory when it comes to unimportant people, I think the black midwife ws deliberately sought out they she could be used as "proof" that Anna isn't a raging racist. She always has a huge sneer on her face whenever she's around large groups of black people--the Ethiopian restaurant and the black church they all went to are the two examples that jump to mind. I don't doubt that TLC has informed them of the criticism and the midwife is damage control.

Michelle Leigh is back on 19 kids wikipedia page. This is getting weird

It's gone again now, but I did see it up there the first time, where it remained for about four days! Wikipedia will keep removing it as long as there is no valid citation (which there wasn't). Weird thing is, it does seem like a name they would totally use. Michelle for obvious reasons and Leigh (Lee) was grandpa Duggar's middle name (James Lee Duggar), but it may also be another family member's name/way to honour them. I mean, if we go by the Duggar women's ghost written book, they don't seem particularly fond of their grandfather Duggar, but maybe Josh thought/thinks higher of him.

I guess we'll find out what they're gonna call her for sure in about two months when she's born. But remember that Israel's name leaked before he was born, it's just that no one believed Jill and Derick would actually name him that.

My hat it 100% off to any woman who goes through labor. I would never criticize. From what I understand the pain is excruciating. We women have to support one another, not beat each other up.

I can personally testify to this. My job involves numbing people up all day. People vary widely with regard to how much anesthetic they need, how much pain they can tolerate and how emotional they become over different types of medical situations. I have found that emotional levels also have a impact on whether or not a patient experiences pain.

My son has a female classmate named McCall. I hated it at first but now I kind of like it. Possible puppy or goldfish name for me in the future as I am 3 kids and f#^*ing done Counting. :cracking-up:

Archived