IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

It'll be Madysyn or if they really hate the english language Madylyn. My name is Madeleine, you have no idea how much I hate both those 'names' and any variation of Madison. It's a horrible name.

Maybe Maryssa, Mykayla, Mychelle would have to be a possibility ...

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I approve

i will order the personalized layette and have it expressed mailed...the sad part is Anna is probably too dense to realize what it says!

Honestly, they should take a whack at FJ for grins and name her Marian (the Librarian).

Hahaha I have some Puritan ancestors with awesome virtue names, like: Freelove, Deliverance, and Submit for girls; Philander (it's now my guilty pleasure), Expeirence, and Preserved (2 instances of this one, one of which had the last name Fish, which I thought was perfect) for boys.

Can you please, please, please give us a full list of these with last names? If you don't mind? I love these.

Haha yea I have a soft spot for them too. I think I could use them as character names in a story.... Philander and Freelove take on the world! ;)

I have Ebenezer and Mehitable/Mehitabel as well :)

And I also have an Ichabod.

Ha, are we related? I also have an Ebenezer, Mehitable/Mehitabel and an Ichabod back in the ranks of the family tree.

I think my favorite Puritan names from my ancestors are Silence and Mindwell, both women. I think Mindwell Duggar would fit right in with the family.

Do any of you have the Gayers or the Husseys? It's totally immature, but I have to get a chuckle out of the guy way back in my tree named 'Gayer Hussey'. Also try 'Love Coffin'.

Those names are amazing!

They still do this in parts of Africa. The president of Nigeria is called Goodluck Jonathan.

Can you please, please, please give us a full list of these with last names? If you don't mind? I love these.

Haha PM me to remind me to check my family tree tomorrow. I would do it now, but I'm supposed to be getting ready for bed, so my computer is off.

Ha, are we related? I also have an Ebenezer, Mehitable/Mehitabel and an Ichabod back in the ranks of the family tree.

I think my favorite Puritan names from my ancestors are Silence and Mindwell, both women. I think Mindwell Duggar would fit right in with the family.

It's quite possible. Without last names, it's hard to say for sure, though.

Do any of you have the Gayers or the Husseys? It's totally immature, but I have to get a chuckle out of the guy way back in my tree named 'Gayer Hussey'. Also try 'Love Coffin'.

Hahaha it may be immature, but it's not any less funny ;) I've had quite a lot of laughs at family names.

Those names are amazing!

They still do this in parts of Africa. The president of Nigeria is called Goodluck Jonathan.

Goodluck doesn't have such good luck anymore...he just got defeated in the last election!

Personally, I like attribute names (my middle name is Hope), but not the really out-there ones. Grace, Faith, Hope, Verity, Barack/Baraka (blessing in Hebrew/Arabic), Endeavour (I just started watching the show and I'm addicted and I seriously love that name), Saoirse (freedom in Irish), Belle, Honor, Felicity/Felix, Merritt, and Joy are all wonderful names that age well (cutesy names just sound silly once you're past 20).

It's quite possible. Without last names, it's hard to say for sure, though.

Are your Ebenezer, Mehitabel and Ichabod Olmsteds?

You all think THAT is unfortunate... When my great great grandpa came to the states from the Ukraine, he didn't know that naming your son "Semen" (yes, it's pronounced the way you're thinking) was a really REALLY a bad idea.

It'll be Madysyn or if they really hate the english language Madylyn. My name is Madeleine, you have no idea how much I hate both those 'names' and any variation of Madison. It's a horrible name.

Maybe Maryssa, Mykayla, Mychelle would have to be a possibility ...

I named my kid with the same spelling as yours, my favorite name, and not too trendy on the SSN top 100 (in any spelling variation), I love the classical French spelling. Tryndy nyme spyllyings make me cringe.

Goodluck doesn't have such good luck anymore...he just got defeated in the last election!

Personally, I like attribute names (my middle name is Hope), but not the really out-there ones. Grace, Faith, Hope, Verity, Barack/Baraka (blessing in Hebrew/Arabic), Endeavour (I just started watching the show and I'm addicted and I seriously love that name), Saoirse (freedom in Irish), Belle, Honor, Felicity/Felix, Merritt, and Joy are all wonderful names that age well (cutesy names just sound silly once you're past 20).

I'm third generation Irish, I've always loved Saoirse (pr. Seer-sha), but feared it would be woefully mispronounced (going back to a pp's comment about older & Gaelic spellings being confused with kryative spellings), same for Siobhan (pr. Che-vonne). I had a great-uncle whose name was spelled something like "Berthe" (that's not quite right, but I can't remember it now, and Google isn't helping), pr. Bart.

OT, there's a really funny memoir called 'Round Ireland with a Fridge, in which the narrator named his fridge Saoirse.

Are your Ebenezer, Mehitabel and Ichabod Olmsteds?

I shall have to check tomorrow.

I'm third generation Irish, I've always loved Saoirse (pr. Seer-sha), but feared it would be woefully mispronounced (going back to a pp's comment about older & Gaelic spellings being confused with kryative spellings), same for Siobhan (pr. Che-vonne). I had a great-uncle whose name was spelled something like "Berthe" (that's not quite right, but I can't remember it now, and Google isn't helping), pr. Bart.

OT, there's a really funny memoir called 'Round Ireland with a Fridge, in which the narrator named his fridge Saoirse.

As much as I love Gaelic names and pronunciations, my brain really cannot ever see anything other than what the English pronunciation would be when I see the names. I've even known 4 Siobhan's (1 teacher, 1 classmate for 4 years, 1 classmate for 1 semester, and 1 friend of a kid I took care of) and for the life of me I can never remember the pronunciation.

Honestly, they should take a whack at FJ for grins and name her Marian (the Librarian).

They could do worse!!

:lol:

Not that this will happen, but part of me wants this kid to have Keller as a last name just as a big FU to Josh, JB, and Michelle.

Not that this will happen, but part of me wants this kid to have Keller as a last name just as a big FU to Josh, JB, and Michelle.

I'm not sure how or why the kid would have the last name Keller. Anna shows no interest in screwing over Josh, she's still married to him, and her parents are the ones who set her up with him.

I could see a Duggar kid changing their last name if they ever wanted to escape the cult.

I'm not sure how or why the kid would have the last name Keller. Anna shows no interest in screwing over Josh, she's still married to him, and her parents are the ones who set her up with him.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Despair

Acceptance

Who knows what will ultimately happen with the Duggar's marriage. The grieving process is very personal and individualized. Who knows what Anna might ultimately do. In fact, no one knows what was actually disclosed to the Kellers and Anna re Josh's behaviors. I truly doubt JB told M that Joshua molested 5 girls...a 4yo and 4 of his sisters were among the 5, seriously doubt that information was shared.

I think Verity would be an appropriate name- a new letter, a new beginning and a real meaning.

Archived