IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

Going with a toilet theme they could name M4 "Majesta".

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm third generation Irish, I've always loved Saoirse (pr. Seer-sha), but feared it would be woefully mispronounced (going back to a pp's comment about older & Gaelic spellings being confused with kryative spellings), same for Siobhan (pr. Che-vonne). I had a great-uncle whose name was spelled something like "Berthe" (that's not quite right, but I can't remember it now, and Google isn't helping), pr. Bart.

OT, there's a really funny memoir called 'Round Ireland with a Fridge, in which the narrator named his fridge Saoirse.

I'm just going to jump in here and said I love the name Saoirse. There's a great Irish/Gaelic movie that recently came out called "Song of the Sea" and my kids love it. It's about a boy named Ben and his sister Saoirse. My daughter is obsessed to the point where she wants her to name any sister she may have Saoirse. I'm seriously considering it bc it's so beautiful.

Now back to catch up

No, I do not. They can name her M'Baby Bananaface Shitzilla for all I care.

Except for when the poor kid is an adult. Maybe a name like that might be a disadvantage.

I keep thinking... this will be Anna's first birth with no cameras there. I wonder how she feels about it? Good thing or bad thing? Because let's face it, no more filming crew = no more dough.

Yeah... 'Molestina' and all its infinite variations weren't funny the first thousand times, either.

How about...Miranda (Myranda/Myrynda/Marynda/etc.)?

:lol: :lol:

I'd suggesting "warning" or "rights" as a middle name...

How about...Miranda (Myranda/Myrynda/Marynda/etc.)?

Myrynda is too much like Marimba...an instrument that makes one want to get up and dance. And they won't be having any of THAT.

Myrynda is too much like Marimba...an instrument that makes one want to get up and dance. And they won't be having any of THAT.

I guess Mandi(lyn) is out then huh?

Mirena or Myrena Duggar.

Mirena is the name of a hormonal intrauterine device. Maybe Mirena Duggar will be the next inhabitant of Anna's womb. ;-)

Mirena is the name of a hormonal intrauterine device. Maybe Mirena Duggar will be the next inhabitant of Anna's womb. ;-)

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Anna could get it at her 6 week postpartum check up and no one would ever need to know! She could just claim the stress of everything is keeping her from getting pregnant.

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Anna could get it at her 6 week postpartum check up and no one would ever need to know! She could just claim the stress of everything is keeping her from getting pregnant.

Or she could kick Josh to the curb.

Or she could kick Josh to the curb.

That won't happen. I really have no doubt in my mind that she and her parents known the whole truth the whole time.

That won't happen. I really have no doubt in my mind that she and her parents known the whole truth the whole time.

But now the world knows and the gravy train is over. Huge difference.

Yep, never going to happen, especially right now. I think there's a bigger chance of Josh leaving Anna than her ever leaving him.

So I got inspired by the wonderful post about puritan names. I love them all. Names are awesome and puritan really had a huge imagination. So I decided to go look up in my family tree, mainly French, to try to find some old female French names. Because well…. This thread was lacking some Français. And everything is better in Français (fancier too according to my friends in the UK). :lol: Not to mention... I highly doubt any of these will even be considered by the Smuggars. So it's just for fun. Also, I'm trying to find a distraction because thinking about the future of this poor baby girl makes me sad.

Madeleine is a classic that was already said before but here's what I found:

Marcelline/Marcelle (love these two, super old but super cute)

Margot/Margaux

Marguerite

Marine

Marjolaine (cute one too).

Martine

Mathilde

Mathurine

Maximillienne (this one is for the lols)

Micheline (to be a bit more original than Michelle) ;)

Mireille

Modestine (for the lols again…)

Mylène

Of course, you have all the Marie deviations: Marielle, Marianne, Maryse/Marise, Marilou, etc. But I suspect it’s way too Catholic sounding. Though you never know, they might want to honor grandma Mary.

Also the French love to mix Marie with plenty of things: Marie-Geneviève, Marie-Michelle, Marie-Chantal, Marie-Louise, Marie-Claire, Marie-Christine, Marie-Laurence, Marie-Andrée, Marie-Charlotte, Marie-Léa, Marie-France, Marie-Josée, Marie-Claude, Marie-Hélène, Marie-Catherine, Marie-Ève, even Marie-Soleil. All these names I have accoutered in my live, either in real life or looking up some family tree. Seriously, French people lack imagination. But if we consider the Duggars, yeah nope. Will never happen.

(I did look up some name website… don’t worry. I didn’t come up with all of these off the top of my head). :P

Archived