IGNORED

Does anyone care what Josh and Anna name their daughter?

JMO

Maddox is a male name made popular by Angelina Joli. I have never heard it for a girl. Personally, I'm not a fan of it in general, but I much rather it be used on a boy than a girl.

It does sound rather male, neutral at best. That's why I like it for Smuggars.

Traditional names for their sons, trendy names for their daughters.

Not what I chose for my children and not what I like but Maddox Suzanne Duggar.. I like it.

Suzanne for the wayward sister of Anna. ;)

In good Southern tradition, they could call her Maddie Sue.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where does that McKenna Mackynna thing come from?

It's a proper name- My dearly departed MIL would have had a stroke.

Her first words when she visited our son for the first time: "why did you give him a Hebrew name"?

His name is Daniel. For shame an Irish, Catholic boy named Daniel.

Maddox- she might have soiled herself.

Anyone else think they might just break out of the "M"s this time? Didn't JB say he and M kept on with the J names because they weren't sure how many babies God would give them and they didn't want the last one to feel left out if he or she didn't have a J name? Surprise us, Josh and Anna! How 'bout Hilary Duggar :o

Anyone else think they might just break out of the "M"s this time? Didn't JB say he and M kept on with the J names because they weren't sure how many babies God would give them and they didn't want the last one to feel left out if he or she didn't have a J name? Surprise us, Josh and Anna! How 'bout Hilary Duggar :o

Letters aside, Hilary/Hillary will not be chosen by a Duggar anytime soon (for political reasons).

Blakleigh would have a completely different pronunciation than Blakely. There's nothing in Blakleigh to make the a long, so it would be black-lee.

I think Blakelee would be the best option if you're going to spell the ending differently. I think -leigh tends to have an air of trying too hard to be different.

You're right. I didn't think about it but there's nothing to make the A long. So it would have to be Blakeleigh. Or Blaikleigh? I'm not liking any of those, but I do like the sound of the name. :shrug:

In an elementary school yesterday, I heard a teacher call a boy "break-in". She said it twice, so I'm pretty sure I heard it right. No idea how it was spelled.

So funny- I had the same experience with a "Break In"- first day in one of my college classes the professor had us do introductions. A guy in my class introduced himself as "Break In" (or so I thought). His name was Brecken. Since then I've known two other people with the name, both male and female. I think it sounds more masculine. I bet that was the student's name you heard.

Unfortunately, butchering the spelling of names has become common. So common, in fact, that people often butcher the spelling of my kids names. They completely slaughter the pronunciation sometimes, too, generally on #3. I have 4 boys with old biblical names (we are atheists, btw, just love the names) and live in Texas! People here should know how to spell them but they try to get Kre8tive. :roll: So, Josh and Anna have plenty of company if they want to go crazy with spelling.

So funny- I had the same experience with a "Break In"- first day in one of my college classes the professor had us do introductions. A guy in my class introduced himself as "Break In" (or so I thought). His name was Brecken. Since then I've known two other people with the name, both male and female. I think it sounds more masculine. I bet that was the student's name you heard.

I have had "Breckin"s before. (Being a sub teacher, preK-12, I've encountered every name under the sun). The kid was misbehaving and the teacher said it quite emphatically and clearly in this case. It seemed to really be "Break-in".

Mary Suzette Duggar after both of her grandmas

I think Mary Suzette after the grandmas would be a really nice gesture. "Mary" might be a little old-fashioned for someone who chose "Mackynzie" though. Maybe a funkier spelling?

I think Mary Suzette after the grandmas would be a really nice gesture. "Mary" might be a little old-fashioned for someone who chose "Mackynzie" though. Maybe a funkier spelling?

Marry Suzette Duggar

They did choose Mac to honor a relative, so that Mary is old-fashioned might not matter.

Mackynzie is not the worst way to spell that name. Apparently Anna`s cousin had that name and they thought it sounded cool. I dont see them as being obsessed with trendy spelling of names, bot Michael and Marcus having pretty classical, traditional names. Michael was named after Anna`s dad and Michelle apparently, so Mary Suzette could be a nice way to honor both grandmas. And it doesnt sound too modern or old fashioned for me.

I like the name Mary a lot, I believe it has been overlooked lately and its a classical name.

Mary is the great-grandma though, so if they wanted to name the kid after both her grandmas, she'd have to be called Michelle Suzette.

Marry Suzette Duggar

They did choose Mac to honor a relative, so that Mary is old-fashioned might not matter.

My only objection is that it sounds awfully close to Mary Sue, as in a self-insert wish-fulfillment original character in fan fiction. Though considering how full of themselves the Duggars seem to be, Mary Sue wouldn't be too far off.

I like the name Mary, though I do think it sounds a little old-fashioned. Though after Downton Abbey, it's definitely grown on me (Jessa is definitely the Lady Mary of the Duggars).

Mary nice and churchy?

or margot, for a random name.

You know if they named it Margot, they're pronounce it "Mar-got" instead of "Margo" lol

You know if they named it Margot, they're pronounce it "Mar-got" instead of "Margo" lol

Maybe is because I am spanish, but my instinct is to pronounce it that way :lol:

I like the name Mary, I am not a fan of screwing up the spelling of classic names however I do like the spelling Merry if the child is born in the Winter.

I still think they should just name her Mommy.

They could combine Mary & Meredith and end up with Marydith. That would fit with the kre8ivity of MackYnzie.

Or combine Mary & Anna =MaryAnna/Marianna. Which would fit right in with the Anna/Susannah/Jana/JoyAnna/Johannah names.

They could combine Mary & Meredith and end up with Marydith. That would fit with the kre8ivity of MackYnzie.

Please for the love of god, don't butcher my name.

GRRRR :evil: There is really only one correct spelling of Meredith. I *hate* when people misspell (or mispronounce) it. :pull-hair:

Macbeth Duggar. Just kidding the joke would go way over Smuggar & Smuganna's heads. :stir-pot:

Archived