IGNORED

Is JimBoob the new Joe Kennedy?

pega127

Well one thing they have in common is both families are screwed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill wanted to be a nurse, she got to be a play midwife.

Josh wanted to be a lawyer, he gets to be the face of an organization that lobbies.

Jessa wanted to be a hair stylist, she got a teen hubby.

The three married kids got screwed. I will say that for whatever reason JD seems happy and seems to be getting to do what he wants. I wonder what he has on them.

I wonder this too. How come JD is the winner in the end?

How come Joseph gets to go to clown college?

Probably damage control but you never know!

I wish I could like this comment ^ a million times. So, so true.

me too :cracking-up: something about these comments resonate more than anything on FJ right now.

The Duggars lack education, polish, table manners, charisma, drive and the ability to get their asses up in the morning.

Unfortunately, they no longer have a perfect record of campaigning for losing candidates--they campaigned for now-Senator Tom Cotton

Jill wanted to be a nurse, she got to be a play midwife.

Josh wanted to be a lawyer, he gets to be the face of an organization that lobbies.

Jessa wanted to be a hair stylist, she got a teen hubby.

The three married kids got screwed. I will say that for whatever reason JD seems happy and seems to be getting to do what he wants. I wonder what he has on them.

I do find it interesting that the 2 Duggar kids who have shown to have the most tangible skills and exisiting work ethics are the 25 YO, single twins. JD seems to the most able-to-jump-right-into-the-real-world skills: business owner, pilot training, owns a home, and of course Jana too.

me too :cracking-up: something about these comments resonate more than anything on FJ right now.

It is sad that JB and M virtually ablated all of the individual potential in each of those kids; replaced it with group speak brainwashing.

Look at Jill- did that brainwashing REALLY help to prepare her for life in the real world?

It is sad that JB and M virtually ablated all of the individual potential in each of those kids; replaced it with group speak brainwashing.

Look at Jill- did that brainwashing REALLY help to prepare her for life in the real world?

Personally, I'm alarmed at the brainwashing and how much Derick seems to be a mini Jim Bob all of a sudden. My hope is in the middle to younger children like Hannie and Justin. I'll always have a lot of admiration for Jana and JD and hope they continue to hold off on marriage or get out of NW Arkansas. Their long mission trip to Malaysia together seemed a tiny eensy bit of "bye, mom and dad, we're going"

I do find it interesting that the 2 Duggar kids who have shown to have the most tangible skills and exisiting work ethics are the 25 YO, single twins. JD seems to the most able-to-jump-right-into-the-real-world skills: business owner, pilot training, owns a home, and of course Jana too.

Yeah I am baffled by the twins. Granted Jana doesn't have the freedom it appears that JD has but she has his work ethic. I'd like to chat with those two and find out what's going on with them for real. JD spends as little time on TLC as possible other than when he had to play "big brother". I could feel him holding his eyes when he said something about checking out Ben and Derick. The look on his face was more like, They are fine, they make my sisters happy who gives a crap. It's not like my opinion counts.

That is what's so amusing. Raised to be a wife, homemaker and mom, but the girl can't even cook boxed rice. I remember Jill saying somewhere that she likes allrecipes.com.

Attention Jill: Boxed rice and Allrecipes both allow you to adjust the number of servings.

What if Jill and Jessa are trying to make themselves seem more relatable by being lighthearted about domestic challenges? Give it up ladies. I can't relate to anyone who, for example, likens abortion to the Holocaust.

That is what's so amusing. Raised to be a wife, homemaker and mom, but the girl can't even cook boxed rice. I remember Jill saying somewhere that she likes allrecipes.com.

Attention Jill: Boxed rice and Allrecipes both allow you to adjust the number of servings.

What if Jill and Jessa are trying to make themselves seem more relatable by being lighthearted about domestic challenges? Give it up ladies. I can't relate to anyone who, for example, likens abortion to the Holocaust.

I think playing a daft cook is part of Jessa's current schtick.

Jill, OTOH, has shown to be lacking in the humor, lighthearted department. I do not believe she was acting confused in her recent cooking episode. If she was confident, she would have been the cook and Jana would have been the helper, or better yet a guest sharing a cold drink and conversation. Poor Jana had never prepared, tasted or even seen that dish before that day.

The Duggars lack education, polish, table manners, charisma, drive and the ability to get their asses up in the morning.

Unfortunately, they no longer have a perfect record of campaigning for losing candidates--they campaigned for now-Senator Tom Cuotton

BUT, they are STILL campaigning for various politicians! They are STILL on random speaking engagements! Joseph P. Kennedy was dismissed many times; it did not deter him or his goal! He got his son Jack to the presidency! Do not be fooled by JB and his lack of anything!

BUT, they are STILL campaigning for various politicians! They are STILL on random speaking engagements! Joseph P. Kennedy was dismissed many times; it did not deter him or his goal! He got his son Jack to the presidency! Do not be fooled by JB and his lack of anything!

The one good thing that moderate Americans can look to is that the country is not hard righr wing. The Duggars and pockets of America might lean very right, but those tend to be areas with smaller populations. Thankfully, in current times, most of the large, populated areas of our country still lean more moderate/left than hard right.

With recent polls indicating that the younger generation is even less connected to organized religions and more people overall claiming no religion at all, I hope the trend continues to support a more moderate approach and moderate candidates.

If only we could get moderates to vote in mid term elections-

I think it's inevitable that Josh run for office at some point in the next few years (I'm Irish so I'm not sure what options are available to him so can't be more specific) - and I can't wait to hear the press commentary on the mind-boggling arrogance of "Duggar-time" when that happens...

:D :D :D :D

I think it's inevitable that Josh run for office at some point in the next few years (I'm Irish so I'm not sure what options are available to him so can't be more specific) - and I can't wait to hear the press commentary on the mind-boggling arrogance of "Duggar-time" when that happens...

Josh would only stick to conservative media outlets that would fawn over him.

I just hope his opponent let's the cat out of the bag about their connection with Gothard.

Unless one was also a cult member, I just cannot see how any sane person could find the Duggars' approach and lifestyle wholesome, once they realized the Gothard connection.

Gothard is the deal breaker, IMO. Gothard is where all the craziness starts.

Gothard= A brainwashing cult.

The only national office he legally qualifies to run for right now is the house of representatives, just based on his age (representatives have to be at least 25, senators 30, president 35). That doesn't mean he could get elected to congress, of course. :shock:

Duggars haven't even had very good luck at the local level, which is where they could really be influential. It's a good thing their neighbors seem to realize this and don't vote for them. JB was pretty much a single-issue politician (abortion) when he was in the state senate, iirc. And based on what we saw on the show when Josh and JB went to the city council about the taco lot, I felt like the Duggars are kind of a thorn in the side of the local government. Just my opinion from a very short snippet of footage from a TV show. :D

The only national office he legally qualifies to run for right now is the house of representatives, just based on his age (representatives have to be at least 25, senators 30, president 35). That doesn't mean he could get elected to congress, of course. :shock:

Duggars haven't even had very good luck at the local level, which is where they could really be influential. It's a good thing their neighbors seem to realize this and don't vote for them. JB was pretty much a single-issue politician (abortion) when he was in the state senate, iirc. And based on what we saw on the show when Josh and JB went to the city council about the taco lot, I felt like the Duggars are kind of a thorn in the side of the local government. Just my opinion from a very short snippet of footage from a TV show. :D

I think JB's political hx prevents him from ever being elected again.

Now the kids have a better shot, and should only be judged on their own merit and not JBs, which is both good and bad.

I don't remember how we got into it but I was looking at court cases involving the Duggars. Oddly, Grandma Mary had a lot of ordinances listed that she had filed.

Unless one was also a cult member, I just cannot see how any sane person could find the Duggars' approach and lifestyle wholesome, once they realized the Gothard connection.

Gothard is the deal breaker, IMO. Gothard is where all the craziness starts.

Gothard= A brainwashing cult.

I think in order for any of the Duggar's to have hope for an actual chance at a political office above the local level they first and foremost need to separate themselves from Gothard. I think a lot of fundie's and even fundie-lite see the danger of Gothard and won't vote for a candidate that is in the trenches with Gothard. You can be as conservative as you want to be and you may have a shot at the big leagues but being in bed with Gothard is a one way ticket back to Tontitown. Even Huckabee I bet does not endorse many of Gothard's teachings. He may secretly be fascinated by the man but he sure as heck won't shout it from the roof tops like JB does.

Unfortunately, they no longer have a perfect record of campaigning for losing candidates--they campaigned for now-Senator Tom Cotton

And now Governor Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas.

I don't remember how we got into it but I was looking at court cases involving the Duggars. Oddly, Grandma Mary had a lot of ordinances listed that she had filed.

I remember that and I'd love to know more. No idea how to look it up, though.

I remember that and I'd love to know more. No idea how to look it up, though.

I'm not even sure how I found it now. :(

Archived