IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

ehhh, i may be called a leghumper for this, but blaming parents for how their babies are born (or not born) always bothers me.

Me too. The primary determinate of a baby's birth weight is genetic and completely outside of anyone's control. The mother's pre-pregnancy weight is also an influence, as are health conditions in the mother, age of the mother, length of pregnancy, birth order, and presence of gestational diabetes. The diet the mother during pregnancy has very little influence.

Although I think Jill may not have made the best decisions during her labor ther is no indication she did not do everything she could to stay healthy during pregnancy.

I am suspicious about the relationship between the Duggars and Cracker Barrel. They mention the place so often on the show that I expect they have a paid endorsement arrangement. We do not know how much Jill ate of that meal or if she ate any of it at all.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so mad that Derick said we have been laboring for days now. No Derick just Jill. I'm sure shes been squeezing your hands to death tho. I think he also said our water broke :shifty-kitty:

They just monitor the baby, if baby is fine they let labor progress. Ds had to have an internal monitor, but he was fine and I still delivered normally. Nicu team checked him out and he was fine. Every situation is different, but don't jump to c-section right away without knowing all the facts. A lot of babies do just fine even with meconium.

WIth my oldest daughter I was about 6 days late and I had a very long labor approximately 36 hours and I pushed for 2 hours. My daughter did pass merconium, probably from the long labor. They took her immediately from me and did like a little baby stomach pumping. All was fine but we did have to stay in the hospital a day or two longer to make sure she was okay and that she did not aspirate the merconium. The hospital staff treated it very seriously and it was quite scary for me being a first time mom and all. I think since Jill saw the merconium staining (and obviously knew what it was and what it meant) it's a little disheartening that she did not leave for the hospital immediately. Thankfully baby Izzie is fine, but it is not something that should be messed around with. I think with first babies it just makes sense to go to the hospital because more often than not, the labor with first babies are usually the longest labors and quite often first babies are late. I can only hope Jessa will use Jill's experience as an example of what not to do and go to the hospital to deliver, especially for the first baby.

Me too. The primary determinate of a baby's birth weight is genetic and completely outside of anyone's control. The mother's pre-pregnancy weight is also an influence, as are health conditions in the mother, age of the mother, length of pregnancy, birth order, and presence of gestational diabetes. The diet the mother during pregnancy has very little influence.

Although I think Jill may not have made the best decisions during her labor ther is no indication she did not do everything she could to stay healthy during pregnancy.

I am suspicious about the relationship between the Duggars and Cracker Barrel. They mention the place so often on the show that I expect they have a paid endorsement arrangement. We do not know how much Jill ate of that meal or if she ate any of it at all.

My mom had a baby during the middle 1930's, depression era, she weighed 110 lbs before pregnancy, barely had enough to eat, definitely not eating Twinkies and the baby weighed over 9 lbs. Dad's family 10 + siblings, all big babies over 9 lbs. So I agree with the above it's mostly genetic.

Oh boy...here we go again. :P Derick's IG. Captioned: "Don't worry, we won't be doing these weekly photos until he's 18. ;) #jillmdillard #israeldaviddillard #babydilly #5weeks"

10406588_1073744775987123_6814276567063276877_n.jpg?oh=12045b069389323ff1f044ef720fd4d2&oe=56068FB3

Oh look the flower headband is back! Yayyy!

Jill looks more rested and more like herself.

Ok, that's a cute picture. And the caption shows that they--or at least Derrick--has a sense of humor about themselves and their cheesy ways.

Ok, that's a cute picture. And the caption shows that they--or at least Derrick--has a sense of humor about themselves and their cheesy ways.

Just Derick. Jill is way too into the cult and isolated to have or understund any sense ogof humor beyond her father's

Jill's eyes are looking a little bit crazy :shock: Maybe she's just really happy she's started healing. Maybe she's excited because they're getting ready to get back in the sack.

Oh boy...here we go again. :P Derick's IG. Captioned: "Don't worry, we won't be doing these weekly photos until he's 18. ;) #jillmdillard #israeldaviddillard #babydilly #5weeks"

10406588_1073744775987123_6814276567063276877_n.jpg?oh=12045b069389323ff1f044ef720fd4d2&oe=56068FB3

My first thought was "holy shit that's fast, someones not been obeying the 40 day rule".

I think she's starting to look like her normal self. She doesn't even look that tired! Hopefully Iz is getting into a nice routine for her. Those first weeks can be so exhausting!

I was so mad that Derick said we have been laboring for days now. No Derick just Jill. I'm sure shes been squeezing your hands to death tho. I think he also said our water broke :shifty-kitty:

Me too!

I couldn't believe when he said that! If my boyfriend had said that during either of my labours, I would have knocked him out cold on the floor! I'm sure Derick was helping her along the way, and was very much a part of the proceedings, but HE was not the one labouring. HE was never pregnant, and HIS water did not break.

Me too!

I couldn't believe when he said that! If my boyfriend had said that during either of my labours, I would have knocked him out cold on the floor! I'm sure Derick was helping her along the way, and was very much a part of the proceedings, but HE was not the one labouring. HE was never pregnant, and HIS water did not break.

Was she present? Maybe he knew how much support she needed through every step and said it for her benefit.

My first thought was "holy shit that's fast, someones not been obeying the 40 day rule".

They really struggle to get the angles right on their photos. Should have cradled him imo, so that his little face showed up in the pic and his feet weren't sticking out looking awkward, and held the sign up with the other hand.

Also... yes i think most of her clothes are maternity :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I think she looks much better and happier. But, I had to facepalm when I saw the pic lol.

Finally saw the whole birth show, extended version last night. My favorite part of the episode was when during one of the THs Jill and Derick were talking about enjoying every moment of the experience because they pass and you cannot get them back, even the labor and delivery moments, and Jill admitted to not missing contractions. Derick did seem very reasonable, like right before the epidural when he said it was best for both Jill and the baby to get some rest. I have hope that down the line, he'll inject some rationality into their decision making and lives.

Finally saw the whole birth show, extended version last night. My favorite part of the episode was when during one of the THs Jill and Derick were talking about enjoying every moment of the experience because they pass and you cannot get them back, even the labor and delivery moments, and Jill admitted to not missing contractions. Derick did seem very reasonable, like right before the epidural when he said it was best for both Jill and the baby to get some rest. I have hope that down the line, he'll inject some rationality into their decision making and lives.

Where did you find the extended version? I can't find it anywhere.

Where did you find the extended version? I can't find it anywhere.

In my area they showed it right before last night's episode.

Jill looks like she's lost all the water from pregnancy now. I know it can take a long time for some people, so she's probably feeling better from that too.

In my area they showed it right before last night's episode.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping it was online, because in my country tlc has just finished broadcasting season 9.

Jill looks pretty good, n00bs are exhausting at the best of times, and I have been told that c-sections are harder to heal from than regular birth. I'm not sure why everybody jumped on the PPD wagon, just based on a few pictures, but hey it's FJ so I guess that's par for the course :lol:

He's still such a big baby, I feel for her. DS never even looked like a newborn to me, he was a week late but he was a big baby too.

And I also don't blame her for wearing maternity clothes, trying to figure out your body after having a baby is hard and maternity clothes are comfy, lol.

A note on the ear piercing. This is only one opinion, but when I was a kid my pediatricians office (and all the pediatricians in the practice) *strongly* advised my mom against getting our ears pierced before we were 10, and when we were 10 we got them pierced at the doctor's office. I'm guessing this was because by age 10 kids can take care of the piercings themselves and also express a real desire to have them done, whereas much younger kids really can't. I haven't done much research on the subject, but this is what I'm planning to do with my own kids.

In my teenage years getting upper ear piercings done and going with friends, I know at least one person who said some ear piercings can be dangerous because of the location on the ear, it might hit a vein in there and cause a lot of bleeding. Not sure though if that was the doctor's concern there or not.

I don't mind Derick using "we" instead of "she". They are a bit crunchy so I'll grant them the "WE are pregnant"-experience. :roll:

I guess Derick didn't take a nap though, so that makes him all the more likeable.

Archived