IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

Guys please stop quoting my ugly post from yesterday. :lol:

You're right most hubbies are pretty awesome. Mine was struggling with depression during the recession when we had our first baby and really failed to be supportive, and i'm sorry i let that awful experience influence my comment. :embarrassed:

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coco you are nicer than I am; I never noticed your 'ugly' post, not even after people quoted it (if they did at all). I think I got called unfeminist, but I ignored it.

New topic: Here's a picture of Derick in his friend's wedding!

knF02IPh.jpg

I loled at @hailebrooklin's comment

Here are the wedding pics. Derick is in a few, nothing spectacular. He appears at the rehearsal and "after rehearsal dinner" but not the "bachelor party" which looked like cake and punch... This site will keep being updated as the night goes on. No Jill yet.

wedpics.com/wedding/ODU4ODM4/album/

I will try to answer this at some point! Alas, most of my FJ time at present is reading on my phone whilst nursing, which is not entirely conducive to typing intelligent answers. Nor is the post-baby hazy brain fuzz for that matter... (Someone please reassure me that that goes away and structured thought comes back?! Otherwise I may have to switch career paths to something more Gothard-approved, like gazing adoringly at my headship).

I'm 23 months postpartum and wondering the same thing... :cray-cray:

I figured out the name of the groom (it wasn't hard) and found their wedding site. I won't post it here, but it was easy enough to find. Anyway, he went to OSU and is in his last year of med school at UT Houston, with plans to go into pediatric neurology. Derick should hang out with him more often, imo.

ETA bride is a school teacher and they met at church. She loves going to the gym and pretends to kick zombie/ninja butt during her workouts. I hope Jill got to hang out with these normal but still godly people.

Here are the wedding pics. Derick is in a few, nothing spectacular. He appears at the rehearsal and "after rehearsal dinner" but not the "bachelor party" which looked like cake and punch... This site will keep being updated as the night goes on. No Jill yet.

wedpics.com/wedding/ODU4ODM4/album/

Thanks for stalking the photos! :mrgreen: :dance:

Whoa, Derick's mouth looks really swollen and weird here:

post-10637-14452000254865_thumb.jpg

I guess that's the result of his recent mouth surgery? Can anyone explain to me what's the point of a palate expander? Not judging Derick at all but I'm curious if there's a medical reason behind it. Or is it mostly for cosmetics fixes i.e., straightening one's teeth? I thought Derick's teeth looked fine before but what do I know...

On the plus side, Derick's hair is starting to look good again, thank goodness.

What mouth surgery did he have?

My 13yo has a palate expander. It's to help with a "crossbite" which is one side of the jaw...here let me copy from Wikipedia:

Crossbite is a form of malocclusion where a tooth (or teeth) has a more buccal or lingual position (that is, the tooth is either closer to the cheek or to the tongue) than its corresponding antagonist tooth in the upper or lower dental arch. In other words, crossbite is a lateral misalignment of the dental arches.

A palatal expander, also known as a rapid palatal expander, rapid maxillary expansion appliance, palate expander, orthodontic expander, Haas, or Hyrax, is used to widen the upper jaw so that the bottom and upper teeth will fit together better.

I figured out the name of the groom (it wasn't hard) and found their wedding site. I won't post it here, but it was easy enough to find. Anyway, he went to OSU and is in his last year of med school at UT Houston, with plans to go into pediatric neurology. Derick should hang out with him more often, imo.

ETA bride is a school teacher and they met at church. She loves going to the gym and pretends to kick zombie/ninja butt during her workouts. I hope Jill got to hang out with these normal but still godly people.

I found their wedding site too and OMG, I LOLed at the comment on their guestbook...

So excited for y'all! Marriage is the best! :-) Look forward to seeing y'all at the wedding!

Sooo....clearly A Dillard wrote that message but the question is who? :lol: :wink-kitty:

What mouth surgery did he have?

My 13yo has a palate expander. It's to help with a "crossbite" which is one side of the jaw...here let me copy from Wikipedia:

Crossbite is a form of malocclusion where a tooth (or teeth) has a more buccal or lingual position (that is, the tooth is either closer to the cheek or to the tongue) than its corresponding antagonist tooth in the upper or lower dental arch. In other words, crossbite is a lateral misalignment of the dental arches.

A palatal expander, also known as a rapid palatal expander, rapid maxillary expansion appliance, palate expander, orthodontic expander, Haas, or Hyrax, is used to widen the upper jaw so that the bottom and upper teeth will fit together better.

I think expanding the palate was the mouth surgery? At least that's what Jill said.

I'm 23 months postpartum and wondering the same thing... :cray-cray:

I'm 11 years + postpartum. Everything is just...different. My brain is not the same as it was pre-pregnancy. I might be better at multi-tasking and juggling multiple issues/schedules...maybe?

I DID make it through grad school postpartum, though! Completely different experience than my undergrad years, though. I also held down 2-3 jobs while attending grad school, which I could not have done during my undergrad years. More power, more strength, but a fundamentally different brain from the years without responsibilities.

The mind is rather like the body -- you'll continue on, but in a state far different than comprehensible before babies. It's not bad, but it's a different world. :)

Are they ever going to stop swaddling the hell out of J'izzy? That kid looks miserable and that picture of Joe holding him looks ridiculous when Joe's in a tshirt and that kid is double swaddled.

Thanks for stalking the photos! :mrgreen: :dance:

Whoa, Derick's mouth looks really swollen and weird here:

[attachment=0]3u4j2.jpg[/attachment]

I guess that's the result of his recent mouth surgery? Can anyone explain to me what's the point of a palate expander? Not judging Derick at all but I'm curious if there's a medical reason behind it. Or is it mostly for cosmetics fixes i.e., straightening one's teeth? I thought Derick's teeth looked fine before but what do I know...

On the plus side, Derick's hair is starting to look good again, thank goodness.

My daughter had one as a youngster in order to make more room for anticipated dental shifts prior to orthodontia.

I know it's totally wrong to think this way because those 2nd generation Duggars had no ability to research, experience or explore the world when their minds were developing (and are still developing for some), but no matter the similarities, there are some differences between a historically established religion and a cult like Gothard. In many religions, the power is in the Savior/Creator...how could anyone accept Gothardism and give Gothard that power...especially knowing his current history? What does a single man know about marriage? When did Gothard become an adult and headship via his own philosophy? Also, Gothard attended college- so was his philosophy to keep the masses stupid????

How could someone like Derick or even Ben willingly step into that world? Fame and lust really do overtake any common sense or logic.

You are doing what I was doing Sassy, applying logic to this whole situation.

Oh so maybe he couldn't get a traditional expander device so they had to expand it via surgery.

I also enjoyed how this wedding had a sit down dinner.

Some more photos up. Strapless dress and champagne. Nike. Think there'll be dancing? No Jill yet.

Some more photos up. Strapless dress and champagne. Nike. Think there'll be dancing? No Jill yet.

Annnd we have our first Jill sighting! She's actually smiling and looks like she's having a good time!

https://wedpics.com/wedding/ODU4ODM4/me ... =reception

PS. Thanks again for finding the link to the wedding album, even though you probably exposed me as a semi-creepy Dillard stalker :lol: :cracking-up:

Annnd we have our first Jill sighting! She's actually smiling and looks like she's having a good time!

PS. Thanks again for finding the link to the wedding album, even though you probably exposed me as a semi-creepy Dillard stalker :lol: :cracking-up:

Little odd she's sitting at the table that seems to be reserved for the wedding party but I guess they were cool with it. I wonder if Izzy went with thwm or stayed back with the grands

That's ok, I'm a long time Dillard stalker! I found the first pic of them together before their courtship announcement and got banned here for PMing it to people because it was from a private source! I've bern suffering for the Duggars for years now. It's my cross to bear in life.

I'm 11 years + postpartum. Everything is just...different. My brain is not the same as it was pre-pregnancy. I might be better at multi-tasking and juggling multiple issues/schedules...maybe?

I DID make it through grad school postpartum, though! Completely different experience than my undergrad years, though. I also held down 2-3 jobs while attending grad school, which I could not have done during my undergrad years. More power, more strength, but a fundamentally different brain from the years without responsibilities.

The mind is rather like the body -- you'll continue on, but in a state far different than comprehensible before babies. It's not bad, but it's a different world. :)

Wow, glad to know I'm not the only woman whose brain/mind/mental functioning changed due to pregnancy. 17 years and counting. I can't describe it well. Sorta less laser focus, more easily distracted, and at work, I can handle one or two interruptions, but the third time causes serious frustration.

And there's dancing.

i wonder if they would participate in the dancing. i remember before jill and derick's courtship was announced, the duggars were on tv (i think it was the girls' book tour) and there were pictures of jill dancing with the tv host.

i'd love to see pics of jill and derick dancing, and a video would be amazing!

I see a bit of the stroller in that pic where you can see Jill, so they brought the baby. Which makes sense because he's still very young. Hopefully the guests are vaccinated!

Archived