IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

I live 2 hours east of the Duggars and the weather has been rainy but fairly warm. Upper 70's to low 80's on a regular basis. If the timelines aren't fudged (and we know with the Duggars its possible) then some of Jills pics were posted on warm days and he's still wrapped up or in longer rompers. But dressing a baby too warmly is a common new parent mistake. Its like with the first you boil everything, read every book, etc....but as you learn that changes. I rag on Jill's birth because as a student midwife she should have known a hell of a lot better then to take some of the risks she did, but I cut her some slack on being a new mom. There's no level of preparation when you're on your own and its your kid. Lets just hope she and Derick learn some stuff as they go along.

I just looked at the forecast for Bentonville, the high on Thursday is predicted to be 66 F with a low of 55F. High on Friday is 69F with a low of 60F those are cool temps for mid May. The high there today is in the mid 80s as it is here in OK but the temps will go down all week as a new front moves in. We have also had an active storm season, meaning tornados here, and our weather moves east into NWA.

I'm giving Jill a pass on dressing the baby too warmly. Unless we know for sure that the day the pic was taken was a warm day he may have been dressed appropriately.

I don't hold much stock in how others are dressed. My son dresses in shorts and flip flops unless the temps are below freezing. From what we see of the Duggars they often are dressed in not very warm clothing even if the temps are cool.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick looks awful in those wedding pictures! At first I thought that Izzy must be wearing them out and Derick was not dealing with the exhaustion very well.

Glad to know it's probably due a recent surgery and he will hopefully be back to looking like himself soon. Hope he took a few days off and rested up when he got back to AR!

I was raised in California, and one side of my family is Hispanic. Baby's head is always covered, and baby should always have a blanket on. I don't think twice about it, that's just the way some people are raised.

I just looked at the forecast for Bentonville, the high on Thursday is predicted to be 66 F with a low of 55F. High on Friday is 69F with a low of 60F those are cool temps for mid May. The high there today is in the mid 80s as it is here in OK but the temps will go down all week as a new front moves in. We have also had an active storm season, meaning tornados here, and our weather moves east into NWA.

I'm giving Jill a pass on dressing the baby too warmly. Unless we know for sure that the day the pic was taken was a warm day he may have been dressed appropriately.

I don't hold much stock in how others are dressed. My son dresses in shorts and flip flops unless the temps are below freezing. From what we see of the Duggars they often are dressed in not very warm clothing even if the temps are cool.

The front sucks btw. It's hitting me before you guys and there is a chill in the air today. Nothing like being cold and dealing with flooding.

For those wondering, looks like Derick and Jill stayed for at least a portion of the wedding dances. Here's a short video I found...https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphot ... 0511_n.mp4

Hard to really gauge Jill's reactions since her head's mostly blocked by someone else, but she doesn't appear to be deliberately looking away or covering her eyes in shame or anything. Meanwhile, Derick was too busy eating, lol. I still don't see any signs of Izzy however.

I was raised in California, and one side of my family is Hispanic. Baby's head is always covered, and baby should always have a blanket on. I don't think twice about it, that's just the way some people are raised.

Not from anywhere remotely warm but yeah no matter what, babies heads are covered (which makes sense with sunstroke or ear infection being prevalent) and always with warmer clothes unless the deadest heat of the summer (40-45 Celsius).

Even when it's like 85 degrees? I live in PA and it already feels like summer here (not this past week tho. We've been getting rain) I couldn't imagine wrapping up a baby when I'm sweating myself

Even when it's hotter. Just use a thinner blanket. My grandpa is almost 90, and still covers his head after a shower, even in the dead of summer. I don't question it, who am to? It's just the way it is in my family at least.

Cali has a dry heat though, not the humid heat we get here in the northeast. It does make a difference, you don't sweat as much. At least I don't.

Dang, I can't imagine that here in the Summer. I sweat to death in the heat and humidity. I'll put a hat on my kid for sun protection. But there's no way I'd be wrapping him up in hot weather. When he was a baby it was Fall/Winter though and we stayed in mostly so it was a non-issue.

Cali has a dry heat though, not the humid heat we get here in the northeast. It does make a difference, you don't sweat as much. At least I don't.

Amen to that. I've lived in North Texas, it was miserable. Humidity = You can't wear long hair down comfortably. Plus blinding sun. We went berry picking one morning in the spring, around 9am and got drenched in sweat. People treat the heat like the cold in the north - you just hurry out of the A/C to the car that's already been cooling off. Drag a cooler around everywhere and buy ice to keep milk and meat from going bad on even a short trip home. Some moms stick their flip-flops beside their babies' car seat to make 100% sure that they don't forget their babies in the car. Heat stroke can happen so quickly. No thanks. I'd rather live where you have to wear a sweater outside to be comfortable than where there's blistering, inescapable heat. Then add the Duggars' modesty rules. :shock:

Isn't it hot in Arkansas? Why oh why is that poor baby so bundled up in that IG photo? At his age, he should be able to regulate his body temperature, outdoors in 80 degree weather. I had a July baby and did not bundle him up like he was in a January snowstorm.

instagram.com/p/2tci2rrs9G/

Who's looking at the baby? Those muscles...

:pink-shock:

post-10637-14452000255568_thumb.jpg

Blurry as hell photo of Jill with Izzy at the wedding yesterday. You're welcome. :dance:

I don't feel comfortable judging any mom for swaddling their baby, but I agree with some here that it would be nice to see Izzy free more often...I'm sure Jill doesn't keep him bundled up 24/7 and indeed there's been several photos that show he's NOT, but take for instance the IG video she posted. It kind of broke my heart to see little Izzy struggling with his legs underneath that tight wrap. I don't know if it because he was uncomfortable being swaddled or if it was something else like Jill said the hiccups.

For those wondering, looks like Derick and Jill stayed for at least a portion of the wedding dances. Here's a short video I found...https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphot ... 0511_n.mp4

Hard to really gauge Jill's reactions since her head's mostly blocked by someone else, but she doesn't appear to be deliberately looking away or covering her eyes in shame or anything. Meanwhile, Derick was too busy eating, lol. I still don't see any signs of Izzy however.

Oh wow! I think Derick looks a little bit nervous and that is why he keeps on eating, it's nervous eating. Now normally when a father and daughter get out on the dance floor at a wedding reception all eyes are on them. As you can see from the video most of the other people in the video are being very attentive to the "dance", except for Derick. Derick does everything he can not to watch.. He is averting his eyes, seems uncomfortable and keeps shoveling food in his mouth (hence the nervous eating). It is easy to see that Derick was way out of his comfort zone and probably feeling some fundie guilt for being on such unholy ground where there was dancing going on. I assume one of two things may have happened when he got back to the hotel. 1) he washed his eyes out with bleach or 2) he shot off a quick email to his prayer pal Jesus Bob and asked him for advice on how he should seek redemption from the Lord for having viewed some dancing. Considering the bride was wearing a strapless wedding gown my next question is: How many times did Jill have to say "NIKE" during the wedding and reception?

Wow. I am really surprised Izzy was at the wedding since there were no other glimpses of him. What's with the blurriness of that photo?!

As far as swaddling...maybe he likes it. Perhaps he's a cranky baby and it keeps him from screaming his lungs out? Who knows.

Now, if she's still doing it when he's older...I'd probably judge her for that.

Oh wow! I think Derick looks a little bit nervous and that is why he keeps on eating, it's nervous eating. Now normally when a father and daughter get out on the dance floor at a wedding reception all eyes are on them. As you can see from the video most of the other people in the video are being very attentive to the "dance", except for Derick. Derick does everything he can not to watch.. He is averting his eyes, seems uncomfortable and keeps shoveling food in his mouth (hence the nervous eating). It is easy to see that Derick was way out of his comfort zone and probably feeling some fundie guilt for being on such unholy ground where there was dancing going on. I assume one of two things may have happened when he got back to the hotel. 1) he washed his eyes out with bleach or 2) he shot off a quick email to his prayer pal Jesus Bob and asked him for advice on how he should seek redemption from the Lord for having viewed some dancing. Considering the bride was wearing a strapless wedding gown my next question is: How many times did Jill have to say "NIKE" during the wedding and reception?

Maybe hes really hungry and hasnt been eating much bc of mouth surgery. My friend lost 20 lbs when she got her wisdom teeth taken out then braces shortly after. It was too painful for her. Or maybe he's jealous because there wasnt dancing at his own wedding? My family is a no dancing family Unless its for Jesus as well but I intend to have dancing at my wedding. Its harmless.

I don't understand the no dancing rule. This may be a Utah thing but I remember having a 5th and 6th grade cotillion. We learned formal dances in PE like the virginal reel, the waltz, and the the minue. We also learned Some American folk dancing, square dancing, the cotton eye joe, the two step and line dancing. We would have a "formal" dance each year. It was a big deal.

I think it was a tradition to tech kids forms of dancing that would not lead to the ever dreaded "petting" that could lead to a girl becoming pregnant (abstance only education with no real description of what sex was) We even had these dances played at middle school dances. But they also included dancing to boy bands (back street boys) and other more modern bands.

The point to my rambling is that dancing can be a great way for teens to get to know each other and there are types of dances that would keep teens from getting to physically involved.

Wow, that seems like a very mainstream wedding and I agree, Derick looks really uncomfortable during the father/daughter dance. I wonder if J+D paid attention to the lyrics of the song. :lol:

Did anybody notice if there was alcohol served?

I am going with the "he is nervous" theory. Totally not a Duggar approved dress/music/style of dance. I was defrauded by the bride's bottom and I live in the secular world in greater Berlin, Germany.

He clearly tried to avoid eye contact with the dancers and focused on food/Jill or maybe Izzy had some issues right that minute - if he was there. Maybe Derrick wanted to calm Jill down and prove to her not being interested in other women - she has still not fully bounced back (and maybe never will - just a statement, not judging).

Why did they attend such a mainstream wedding at all? College influences?

Wow, that seems like a very mainstream wedding and I agree, Derick looks really uncomfortable during the father/daughter dance. I wonder if J+D paid attention to the lyrics of the song. :lol:

Did anybody notice if there was alcohol served?

Okay, I just looked at some more pictures and they were definitely drinking alcohol. Good for them. I would looove to be a fly on the wall of Jill and Derick's hotel room after they left the wedding. :popcorn2:

To the poster who asked why they attended this wedding: It was Derick's college roommate's wedding. Derick was even a groomsman, and the groom was a groomsman in Derick and Jill's wedding as well.

Derick is "out of his comfort zone" because he has 'hall monitor" Jill with him! He knows she IS "out of her comfort zone" and, probably, very unhappy about it! Poor Derick!

I don't understand the no dancing rule. This may be a Utah thing but I remember having a 5th and 6th grade cotillion. We learned formal dances in PE like the virginal reel, the waltz, and the the minue. We also learned Some American folk dancing, square dancing, the cotton eye joe, the two step and line dancing. We would have a "formal" dance each year. It was a big deal.

I think it was a tradition to tech kids forms of dancing that would not lead to the ever dreaded "petting" that could lead to a girl becoming pregnant (abstance only education with no real description of what sex was) We even had these dances played at middle school dances. But they also included dancing to boy bands (back street boys) and other more modern bands.

The point to my rambling is that dancing can be a great way for teens to get to know each other and there are types of dances that would keep teens from getting to physically involved.

I did cotillion in 7th and 8th grade. It was pretty formal - once a month, dresses/skirts only for girls, tie and jacket required for boys. We learned the waltz, foxtrot, cha-cha, and shag (a requirement in NC), and other's I'm sure I'm forgetting. We (the same cohort) also learned a bunch of line, square, and contra dances in gym class, starting around 4th grade.

I've actually stuck with the ball room dancing to some extent as an adult - I can totally see why the Duggars wouldn't approve. It's actually very intimate, and I can see where it would stir up the feelings for a Gothardite. Not because of the physical proximity and touching, but because you are your partner are in a position where you have no choice but to look into each others eyes and speak softly to each other. If you're already really into a person, dancing like that just puts fuel on the fire.

Okay, I just looked at some more pictures and they were definitely drinking alcohol. Good for them. I would looove to be a fly on the wall of Jill and Derick's hotel room after they left the wedding. :popcorn2:

To the poster who asked why they attended this wedding: It was Derick's college roommate's wedding. Derick was even a groomsman, and the groom was a groomsman in Derick and Jill's wedding as well.

What with the dancing and alcohol (and fun?) at this wedding, how bored must this groom have been at Jill and Derick's wedding? I hope he at least got a root beer float.

Do we know if Jill and Derick drank the vino ? and then she pumped and dumped

because then shouldn't we do a countdown for Baby Dilly #2

:D

I was once told that 90% of divorces begin on the dance floor and that it may be okay for a husband and wife to dance in their own home with the curtains shut.

Edited to add that this was said in response to someone asking if ballroom dancing was okay.

Archived