IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

I was once told that 90% of divorces begin on the dance floor and that it may be okay for a husband and wife to dance in their own home with the curtains shut.

Edited to add that this was said in response to someone asking if ballroom dancing was okay.

LOL for real.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow! I think Derick looks a little bit nervous and that is why he keeps on eating, it's nervous eating. Now normally when a father and daughter get out on the dance floor at a wedding reception all eyes are on them. As you can see from the video most of the other people in the video are being very attentive to the "dance", except for Derick. Derick does everything he can not to watch.. He is averting his eyes, seems uncomfortable and keeps shoveling food in his mouth (hence the nervous eating). It is easy to see that Derick was way out of his comfort zone and probably feeling some fundie guilt for being on such unholy ground where there was dancing going on. I assume one of two things may have happened when he got back to the hotel. 1) he washed his eyes out with bleach or 2) he shot off a quick email to his prayer pal Jesus Bob and asked him for advice on how he should seek redemption from the Lord for having viewed some dancing. Considering the bride was wearing a strapless wedding gown my next question is: How many times did Jill have to say "NIKE" during the wedding and reception?

I disagree, I don't see that at all. Especially since from what we can see, Jill had her head up during the dancing and seemed to be watching. I think Derick was just eating because that is when his food was brought. LOL

Oh wow! I think Derick looks a little bit nervous and that is why he keeps on eating, it's nervous eating. Now normally when a father and daughter get out on the dance floor at a wedding reception all eyes are on them. As you can see from the video most of the other people in the video are being very attentive to the "dance", except for Derick. Derick does everything he can not to watch.. He is averting his eyes, seems uncomfortable and keeps shoveling food in his mouth (hence the nervous eating). It is easy to see that Derick was way out of his comfort zone and probably feeling some fundie guilt for being on such unholy ground where there was dancing going on. I assume one of two things may have happened when he got back to the hotel. 1) he washed his eyes out with bleach or 2) he shot off a quick email to his prayer pal Jesus Bob and asked him for advice on how he should seek redemption from the Lord for having viewed some dancing. Considering the bride was wearing a strapless wedding gown my next question is: How many times did Jill have to say "NIKE" during the wedding and reception?

I disagree, I don't see that at all. Especially since from what we can see, Jill had her head up during the dancing and seemed to be watching. I think Derick was just eating because that is when his food was brought. LOL

Pus, Derick works for a secular company where there are plenty of women and who knows what goes on there. I am sure he is not bothered or shamed by some dancing

Yeah, not sure how you guys are seeing so much. All I see part of Jill's head, and she seems to be watching the dancing. And then Derick eating. Which isn't all that unusual. I've spent plenty of reception time eating, even while people danced.

It looks to me that Derrick is keeping his face averted from the dancing. He's eating, yes, but when he's not in the process of a getting a forkful from his plate he's facing away from the shimmying bride. I can't see Jill's face, but from what I can tell from the angle of her head she's watching the dancing. Which is pretty consistent with their beliefs, right? Men are the ones constantly tempted, women are supposed to be above temptation, that's why the adult daughters have the internet password and yell NIKE! at their brothers.

Or maybe it's just typical new convert behavior. Derrick's always been a conservative Christian, but he's new to his wife's crazy brand of Christianity, so he's a lot more hung up on the rules. Jill's not relaxed at all, but she could be more secure in her fanaticism so she doesn't feel weird about being around sinful acts like dancing.

Didn't Derrick dance when he was Pistol Pete?

Edited to add that my headship sees nothing wrong with dancing and I could totally see him doing what Derick is doing if the food was good. He has slowed down, but he sometimes eats like his stomach is a bottomless pit and he eats very slowly. :lol:

maybe Derick was just embarrassed for her. :lol:

not really the kind of dance to be doing with a huge puff on the back of the dress like that.

/disclaimer at least they were having fun, wtg her for not caring what anyone else thinks.

in other news now Jill has now heard Shake it Off lol I wonder if Michelle and Jinger and the other Duggars who work out listen to regular music, Christian pop, or country... while they work out or if they just stick to Gothard-approved music.

I was once told that 90% of divorces begin on the dance floor and that it may be okay for a husband and wife to dance in their own home with the curtains shut.

Edited to add that this was said in response to someone asking if ballroom dancing was okay.

LOL - that made me laugh out loud at my desk, and then I had to pretend it was a cough. Dance only in the privacy of your own home, and even then, be sure the curtains are shut?

I've known a number of happily married couples who both enjoyed dancing. One of my families' long time neighbors were a retired couple (he a retired teacher, she a retired bookkeeper). They loved dancing, especially square dancing and that was how they met many years ago. As far as I'm aware, neither one ever strayed from the marriage, and they were happily married up until the husband died from Alzheimer's complications in his early 80's. They were also quite fit and healthy and traveled all around the world together into their late 70's. I'm sure the weekly dancing helped keep them so fit.

maybe Derick was just embarrassed for her. :lol:

not really the kind of dance to be doing with a huge puff on the back of the dress like that.

/disclaimer at least they were having fun, wtg her for not caring what anyone else thinks.

in other news now Jill has now heard Shake it Off lol I wonder if Michelle and Jinger and the other Duggars who work out listen to regular music, Christian pop, country... while they work out or if they just stick to Gothard-approved music.

:lol: That's a good point. I haven't seen people so off-rhythm in ages.

I don't think Derick is adverse to dancing. He was Pistol Pete. I'm also sure he went to prom! Unless he was homeschooled. Maybe homeschool prom? Maybe Jill told him not to watch lol

I grew up in the suburbs of So Cal in the 60's. We had square/ folk dancing the last two years of elementary school and I continued on with dancing as my elective PE all through middle and high school. I still remember the pairing off in 5th grade between the boys and girls; sometimes we got to choose and sometimes our teacher chose for us, then you could be in heaven or hell.

In the Henry Huggins books by Beverly Cleary they learn square dancing in school.

It looks to me that Derrick is keeping his face averted from the dancing. He's eating, yes, but when he's not in the process of a getting a forkful from his plate he's facing away from the shimmying bride. I can't see Jill's face, but from what I can tell from the angle of her head she's watching the dancing. Which is pretty consistent with their beliefs, right? Men are the ones constantly tempted, women are supposed to be above temptation, that's why the adult daughters have the internet password and yell NIKE! at their brothers.

Or maybe it's just typical new convert behavior. Derrick's always been a conservative Christian, but he's new to his wife's crazy brand of Christianity, so he's a lot more hung up on the rules. Jill's not relaxed at all, but she could be more secure in her fanaticism so she doesn't feel weird about being around sinful acts like dancing.

Interesting take. I wasted an hour and a half this morning watching J&D's wedding. It wasn't a total waste, though, because I got a look at Derick's groomsmen. I've been thinking about how Derick and this guy Stephen were college roomies and both obviously very devout. Upthread I wished that Jill and Derick would be encouraged by Stephen and Kathryn's lack of crazy, but after watching Jill's wedding I suspect Derick is Stephen's friend who got lost to fundies. I've seen FJers tell stories about people they used to know who drifted into fundyism, and Derick is that guy for Stephen. I don't expect them to maintain a friendship. As an aside, I looked up Derick's other unrelated groomsman, too; he did the Nepal gig with Derick and got married last summer. I don't think Derick was in his wedding.

I think it's pretty common to drift away from college (and high school) friends as you get older. Especially after you get married and/or move to different parts of the country. So I wouldn't necessarily blame it all on religion in any case.

All I see is Derick eating. Nothing more, nothing less. But, I'm pretty socially-awkward and don't have any interest in dancing (doing it or watching it) so I'm probably missing something.

Interesting take. I wasted an hour and a half this morning watching J&D's wedding. It wasn't a total waste, though, because I got a look at Derick's groomsmen. I've been thinking about how Derick and this guy Stephen were college roomies and both obviously very devout. Upthread I wished that Jill and Derick would be encouraged by Stephen and Kathryn's lack of crazy, but after watching Jill's wedding I suspect Derick is Stephen's friend who got lost to fundies. I've seen FJers tell stories about people they used to know who drifted into fundyism, and Derick is that guy for Stephen. I don't expect them to maintain a friendship. As an aside, I looked up Derick's other unrelated groomsman, too; he did the Nepal gig with Derick and got married last summer. I don't think Derick was in his wedding.

Keep trying, my friend. :P

https://instagram.com/p/rNmZlYLs_f/

Jill and Derick at Maddy & Maddy's wedding, where he was one of the groomsmen.

I know for Derick's birthday, Dan and Jill invited a bunch of his long time buddies, including those who are ~SECULAR~, over to their house for a party. So it appears he's still maintaining some contact with his past life. I don't necessarily think fundyism will be the main factor that'll influence Derick to abandon his childhood friends. Or worse, that somehow Jill will FORCE him to pick between her and them or whatever. I agree with Clara's post.

Semi off-topic, but it still is about baby Israel. It's a bit of a stretch, but the Duggars have a J-theme for baby names, then Josh and Anna used M-names, and now Jill and Derick are using I's. Do you think they chose the I to spell out a tribute to their father Jim?

Semi off-topic, but it still is about baby Israel. It's a bit of a stretch, but the Duggars have a J-theme for baby names, then Josh and Anna used M-names, and now Jill and Derick are using I's. Do you think they chose the I to spell out a tribute to their father Jim?

If Jessa has a boy, Bin Jr would start the B-O-O-B part of Jim Boob's name!

Doubtful, since they had Selah picked out for a girl name.

:lol: That's a good point. I haven't seen people so off-rhythm in ages.

As someone with less rhythm than a broken metronome, I can't hate too much.

Though I do wonder what Jill thinks of TSwift. I could see her secretly jamming out to Love Story or I Knew You Were Trouble.

Doubtful, since they had Selah picked out for a girl name.

Did they ever spell Selah out? I've seen people say that captions said they were planning on naming a girl Isela, a variant of Selah.

I don't think they're doing a letter theme, though; didn't they outright say they wouldn't?

Did they ever spell Selah out? I've seen people say that captions said they were planning on naming a girl Isela, a variant of Selah.

I don't think they're doing a letter theme, though; didn't they outright say they wouldn't?

They said that they weren't planning on doing the letter theme, unless they change their mind which could very well happen. I imagine all the girls used to talk about which letter they were going to choose when they had babies, so it will be interesting to see how many actually do it. LIke I said earlier in this thread it would be a simple way for JB and Michelle to know which kid belong to which set of parents by what their first name starts with. Considering they will likely have over 100 grandchildren before it is all over.

I'm not sure what you mean by did they "spell it out," but Jill said in one of the recent Very Special Episodes With Lots Of Repeat Footage that they picked out Israel for a boy and Selah for a girl. Because both are biblical and stuff.

Actually, found it...it was in the episode titled, "Jill's Having A..." in which the sex of the baby is revealed. The episode was re-played right after Israel's birth but was taped when she was 17 weeks along.

[tab=30]"In the episode, titled “Jill’s Having A…,†the new mom -- who was just 17 weeks pregnant in the pre-taped episode -- was waiting to learn her child’s gender. Ahead of hosting a gender reveal party for her family, Jill and Derick revealed their baby name choices.

“We do have names picked out for a boy and a girl,†Derick, 25, revealed as Jill, 23, looked on smiling. “If it’s a boy, we’re going to name his Israel, which means ‘God will prevail.’â€

As most “19 Kids and Counting†viewers are aware, the duo did welcome a son Monday night and granted him the name Israel David. The newest member of the Duggar family weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs., 10 ounces, at birth.

While not much has been shared regarding Jill and Derick's reason for choosing their baby boy's name, the couple did announce what their girl name would have been on “19 Kids and Counting†Tuesday. “If it’s a girl, we’re going to name her Selah, which means ‘pause and reflect,’†Derick revealed."

http://www.ibtimes.com/jill-duggar-deri ... ng-1873480

I got the feeling that at least one of the older girls didn't like the Letter theme. It was in the episdoe where they were voting for Jordyn's name. Josh and Anna are there, and Anna says "we haven't picked out letter yet."

And a Jslave just throws her this... This look like... Like "really Anna? Don't. Just... Don't."

I don't remember who it was, but I get the feeling that at least one duggar child isn't a fan.

Archived