IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

Since Jill can have sex again I wonder if she'll announce a pregnancy next month. Or I hope Derrick has sense to not get Jill pregnant.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since Jill can have sex again I wonder if she'll announce a pregnancy next month. Or I hope Derrick has sense to not get Jill pregnant.

Are you kidding? He probably couldn't wait. It's gonna be like starting over again with her. He seems like a sensitive guy and will go easy on her. Making love will be a good distraction right now.

I really hope that Derrick has not quit his job at Walmart. It looks like the gravy train is over and the adults are going to have to become self-supporting. Derrick has the best chance of everyone to build a normal life for his family. I think that he and Jill will have to downsize from the house they are living in at some point. I am hoping that they have kept the money they have received for selling pictures and interviews and can put a downpayment on their own house. I am sure that this is a horrible situation Jill and her siblings (sans Josh) are going through right now but I hope that Jill and Derrick use the ending of the show as an opportunity to push their family forward in a new direction. A direction only the two of them have decided on. Jill may still be deep in the koolaid but I have to wonder if Derrick hasn’t awakened from the Duggar coma.

I am sure Cathy and Dan, neither of whom seem to have drunk the koolaid, are supportive of Derrick and Jill, and hopefully letting them know that its ok to move forward in a different direction. Cathy is likely on his ass about making sure Israel and any future children are protected. I hope this has opened Derrick’s eyes as to how his way of growing up in his parents version of a protective environment is preferable to the Duggar way. Derrick’s dad was a cop, and there has been no reason to think that he wasn’t a good copy, so I doubt he would have been ok with the way the Duggars have handled things. I hope Derrick thinks like a cop’s kid and does everything he can to protect Jill and their kids. My fear is that, since Jill was raised to believe that Josh wouldn’t do it again and everything is fine because Jesus has forgiven him, Jill would allow her children to be alone with Josh. Maybe he would never do it again but I wouldn’t want my kid to be the test case. Derrick needs to make sure that doesn’t happen because I don’t know that Jill is strong enough to take a stand against Josh and her parents’ way of life.

I really hope that Derrick has not quit his job at Walmart. It looks like the gravy train is over and the adults are going to have to become self-supporting. Derrick has the best chance of everyone to build a normal life for his family. I think that he and Jill will have to downsize from the house they are living in at some point. I am hoping that they have kept the money they have received for selling pictures and interviews and can put a downpayment on their own house. I am sure that this is a horrible situation Jill and her siblings (sans Josh) are going through right now but I hope that Jill and Derrick use the ending of the show as an opportunity to push their family forward in a new direction. A direction only the two of them have decided on. Jill may still be deep in the koolaid but I have to wonder if Derrick hasn’t awakened from the Duggar coma.

I am sure Cathy and Dan, neither of whom seem to have drunk the koolaid, are supportive of Derrick and Jill, and hopefully letting them know that its ok to move forward in a different direction. Cathy is likely on his ass about making sure Israel and any future children are protected. I hope this has opened Derrick’s eyes as to how his way of growing up in his parents version of a protective environment is preferable to the Duggar way. Derrick’s dad was a cop, and there has been no reason to think that he wasn’t a good copy, so I doubt he would have been ok with the way the Duggars have handled things. I hope Derrick thinks like a cop’s kid and does everything he can to protect Jill and their kids. My fear is that, since Jill was raised to believe that Josh wouldn’t do it again and everything is fine because Jesus has forgiven him, Jill would allow her children to be alone with Josh. Maybe he would never do it again but I wouldn’t want my kid to be the test case. Derrick needs to make sure that doesn’t happen because I don’t know that Jill is strong enough to take a stand against Josh and her parents’ way of life.

I think it Dericks dad were still alive and a cop he'd be appalled at how the Duggar situation was handled. He'd take precautions to protect his grandson and if Jill had a girl first, he'd probably try his best to keep her away from Josh at least.

The whole group texting, never letting them be out of a chaperone's earshot, and the marriage counseling from JB & J'Chelle takes a new light.

If a daughter told the beau on her own what happened, he could freak out and possibly impact how she has been trained to view it. However, if she tells him under parental supervision, or the parents do the divulging they can manage all reactions, and get the guy onboard with the whole forgiveness thing.

I was trying to figure out why the Bates would let courting couples have time to talk privately, but the Duggars don't.

I have little faith in Derick. I believe he has drank the kool-aid, bathed in it and is fully immersed. He is the one that pursued Dim-Bulb, he was aware of their whacked out life-style (obviously not the current events), and wanted to be a part of it. He took whatever prized brood mare that was offered up and immediately starting spewing the family philosophy. Geez he even picked up their catch phrases and used them in his talking heads. He seems to look up to Jim Bob, a wimpy little dude like himself, and wants to be the lord and master of his domain just like him. He likes having his slow-witted little wife gaze at him with adoration. I hope I am wrong, but I do not see him pulling away.

Based on seeing episodes where Derick is hanging out with Josh and getting daddy tips, I don't see a guy rebelling against the Duggar family. I think he is in the "Josh has been forgiven for his mistakes" camp.

Just wondering if anyone here has heard the rumours that Israel Dillard was born before his alleged due date. If so, what do you make of it?

I personally have no idea if it's true or not. On one hand, it would explain his size, hair, and continued rapid growth. It would also go a ways to explaining how private Jill was with photos of him (especially given how well documented the pregnancy was). On the other hand, I have no idea what she/her family/TLC would stand to gain from this.

Just curious and thought people might want something silly as a palate cleanser from all the serious and upsetting news.

How would it explain his size? He's was huge at birth. No way that child was born early.

I don't think they were implying he was early... Hence the "gate" part of dillygate

How would it explain his size? He's was huge at birth. No way that child was born early.

I'm guessing the rumor is that he was born early enough to suggest that they had sex before marriage then his birth was hidden until it was announced with a different date and his weight at that time as his birth weight.

Not likely they could manage such a story in the days of the internet without being discovered. And if they had done that, what would have been the point of pretending she was terribly overdue? Why not just announce his birth as being near or on the due date if you were faking it?

And does this ridiculous conspiracy story also include fake pregnancy update photos since she posted nearly every day at the end?

I assume you meant before his reported birth date? I suppose the speculation is that she was pregnant earlier than reported? Here we go again.

I'm guessing the rumor is that he was born early enough to suggest that they had sex before marriage then his birth was hidden until it was announced with a different date and his weight at that time as his birth weight.

Not likely they could manage such a story in the days of the internet without being discovered. And if they had done that, what would have been the point of pretending she was terribly overdue? Why not just announce his birth as being near or on the due date if you were faking it?

And does this ridiculous conspiracy story also include fake pregnancy update photos since she posted nearly every day at the end?

Thank you for interpreting. That is at least a more coherent rumor, but as rumors go, it's possibly one of the silliest I've heard. We saw creeper paparazzi photos of a very pregnant Jill in her front yard after the reported due day and before the reported birth date.

I assume you meant before his reported birth date? I suppose the speculation is that she was pregnant earlier than reported? Here we go again.

I meant birth date, I'm sorry (it's late and I'm not thinking straight). It didn't even occur to me that the speculation would be that Jill became pregnant out of wedlock. I was honestly thinking if it may have been due to scheduling for the show (if it occurred at all). It seems like such an odd little rumour to me, that I was wondering how others would read it.

Thank you for interpreting. That is at least a more coherent rumor, but as rumors go, it's possibly one of the silliest I've heard. We saw creeper paparazzi photos of a very pregnant Jill in her front yard after the reported due day and before the reported birth date.

Maybe she borrowed Beyonce's fake baby bump.

I have little faith in Derick. I believe he has drank the kool-aid, bathed in it and is fully immersed. He is the one that pursued Dim-Bulb, he was aware of their whacked out life-style (obviously not the current events), and wanted to be a part of it. He took whatever prized brood mare that was offered up and immediately starting spewing the family philosophy. Geez he even picked up their catch phrases and used them in his talking heads. He seems to look up to Jim Bob, a wimpy little dude like himself, and wants to be the lord and master of his domain just like him. He likes having his slow-witted little wife gaze at him with adoration. I hope I am wrong, but I do not see him pulling away.

I don't think this is an entirely fair characterization of Derick. I think he sought Jim Bob as a prayer partner because he was attracted to his lifestyle, and maybe he thought it would be neat if he could marry a Duggar daughter, but he and Jill actually have a lot in common in terms of interests, values, and life goals. They'd be a good match regardless.

Are you kidding? He probably couldn't wait. It's gonna be like starting over again with her. He seems like a sensitive guy and will go easy on her. Making love will be a good distraction right now.

Heh, I would say nonstop 24/7 care of a newborn is a pretty good distraction from everything!!!!

Derick is a Jim Bob wannabe. Now that the gravy train is over, it would be great if he moves into his own home. I would watch a show about Jill's recovery from her Gothard cult childhood and bad parenting and sexual abuse. Same for Ben and Jessa but they must move out of Duggar control.

Derick is a Jim Bob wannabe. Now that the gravy train is over, it would be great if he moves into his own home. I would watch a show about Jill's recovery from her Gothard cult childhood and bad parenting and sexual abuse. Same for Ben and Jessa but they must move out of Duggar control.

Except that Derick has a real job.

I don't think Derick is ever going to think badly of this family. He loves them and seems to be quite taken with them all, even Josh, which is saying something if Jill had told him about their past.

I think Derick and Cathy's silence says they are more of a classier sort of person than the Seewalds. But don't mistake their silence as that they are unhappy and are disgusted. I just think they handle things in a different manner. They don't feel the need to publicly support them and they don't want the limelight. But I'd bet every last dollar I had that they were in solidarity with them.

The problem is that I don’t think Jill and Jessa believe that there is anything they need to recover from. They believe in the lifestyle they were raised in and that the molestation is a thing of the past because Jesus has healed Josh. I wouldn’t doubt that Jill and Jessa are now shocked by how the public has responded to the reports of molestation. They probably had no idea that most people would think that finding Jesus and being forgiven is not enough for a child molester. They likely do not understand why people are outraged because they were raised to sweep things like this under the rug. I also doubt that they were aware that the blame lies solely on the abuser and not on the victims. They may actually think people are overreacting. I don’t think they want to face the fact that not only did Josh commit wrongs but their parents as well. It would be a big blow to acknowledge that your “perfect†parents made a bad situation worse. Or that the whole lifestyle idiotic on every level. I think that would be devastating, especially for someone as sensitive as Jill. I also don’t want to see a show about their “recovery†because there is no recovery in front of a camera.

The problem is that I don’t think Jill and Jessa believe that there is anything they need to recover from. They believe in the lifestyle they were raised in and that the molestation is a thing of the past because Jesus has healed Josh. I wouldn’t doubt that Jill and Jessa are now shocked by how the public has responded to the reports of molestation. They probably had no idea that most people would think that finding Jesus and being forgiven is not enough for a child molester. They likely do not understand why people are outraged because they were raised to sweep things like this under the rug. I also doubt that they were aware that the blame lies solely on the abuser and not on the victims. They may actually think people are overreacting. I don’t think they want to face the fact that not only did Josh commit wrongs but their parents as well. It would be a big blow to acknowledge that your “perfect†parents made a bad situation worse. Or that the whole lifestyle idiotic on every level. I think that would be devastating, especially for someone as sensitive as Jill. I also don’t want to see a show about their “recovery†because there is no recovery in front of a camera.

This! I agree! I don't think that the girls are feeling like this is a huge deal. The way they were raised they have dealt with it in their own minds I am sure. If anything the public outcry is just a tool for Jim B and Michelle to reiterate how the outside world has no idea, and how their work and principles are the right way. Jim and Michelle would be using this as a "learning" example of how "mainstream" people are just so wrong and how the devil is at play.

I'm not really wild about the suggestion that all Duggar daughters were simply interchangeable as far as Derick was concerned, and that he would have settled for any one of them so long as he could marry into the Duggar family. It is true that Derick sought out Jim Bob as a prayer partner and wanted to establish a friendship, but when I look at Jill and Derick together, they've never struck me as anything but completely enamored with one another. I think it's more likely that Derick noticed Jill somewhere along the way and fell in love with her, not the idea that any of the other young women would have filled the role just as well.

Does anyone else think that Israel's face looks a bit different, like he was in the womb too long and suffers from something? I noticed this when I watched "Digging with the Duggars."

Archived