IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

I knew it! :o

I thought they were from planet X sent to invade us! :disgust:

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 sons with Aspergers, I didn't pull my thoughts out of my ass.

I'm curious, do you like when people call your sons gullible, or awkward, or clueless?

Especially when they first meet them?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

It's a board that is (mostly) full of feminists. Some of us here call out sexism even if it's directed towards the ebil Duggars.

(NOTE: This particular incident wasn't one of sexism... I'm making a more general comment.)

I agree. I think everyone has a right to voice their opinions within reason. If someone is blatantly ignoring the rules then they absolutely need to be called out for it and reported. Everything else is really just a matter of perspective - for instance, I took issue with people mocking Jill's maternity clothing choices because some posters turned those comments into attacks on Jill's character. That isn't fair to me and I think there are better things to snark on (like her lack of common sense at times or the fact that she loves to interrupt other people when they're speaking).

I think it doesn't matter if you're snarking on a member of FJ or a member of a Fundie family - making your comment into a personal attack isn't right. We have more than enough material to snark on about the Duggars and other Fundies without stooping to personal attacks. . . and there are civil ways to call someone out for breaking rules or being cruel that don't include personal attacks too.

I'm curious, do you like when people call your sons gullible, or awkward, or clueless?

Especially when they first meet them?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

I think its really unfair to lump someone throwing out a possible Aspergers spectrum diagnosis as the same as someone diagnosing pedophilia, NPD, or anorexia. There are many who are proud of their diagnosis and may even see it to be advantageous at times and just about everyone who works in silicon valley is assumed to have some Aspergers characteristics.

I'm against web sleuthing for formal diagnoses but I don't think its offensive or out of the realm of possibility to speculate that Derick has some features of Aspergers and may be on the spectrum. Frankly there are many very successful people with this diagnosis and in some fields it may even be considered a badge of honor. I also think its potentially relevant because some of the characteristics or qualities of Aspergers really might make someone susceptible to fundyism - need for rule driven behaviors/ black and white thinking/gravitation toward rituals etc.

Frankly, I don't see Derick as really having too many qualities on the spectrum mostly because he seems extremely social and comfortable around people (which doesn't preclude a diagnosis but this is usually the first thing that raises redflags for me). If anything some of Jills interactions make her seem more spectrum (not saying that she is) but I attribute this to her upbringing so that she has not had the proper experiences to accurately gauge humor or always grasp social situations.

I'd still like to see some kind of update about what Jill and Derick end up doing with their lives. I'd like to think she is going to get far, far away. None of this mess is her fault. On the contrary, she is the victim and it's only gotten worse. I know from the last episode they were hinting that there was going to be a big change for them. Praying that they are getting away.

Isn't it enough to say that any person who would agree to JB and Gothard's dysfunctional rules is a bit skewed?

Isn't that enough and provide enough material for the snark?

Any college educated man, from a family with 2 children, who works in finance, yet agrees that he'll raise as many kids as God sends his way, has to be a few tweaks away from using common sense or logic. He's an accountant...it's dollar and cents. It's about 24 hours in a day. Instead of asking Derick how he'd pay for a broken vehicle, JB should have asked how he would pay for a mega family.

I hope this coming to light and perhaps a bit of common sense is introduced that highlights the fact that JB and M had too many kids to monitor, teach, guide and protect- TOO MANY, and that this next generation stops at a manageable and safe number.

I'd still like to see some kind of update about what Jill and Derick end up doing with their lives. I'd like to think she is going to get far, far away. None of this mess is her fault. On the contrary, she is the victim and it's only gotten worse. I know from the last episode they were hinting that there was going to be a big change for them. Praying that they are getting away.

I hope that he did not give notice to WM.

What else could it have been? Could they have been moving away? Other ideas?

One has to wonder if WM decided they had had enough of the Duggar family dog and pony show and asked him to leave. As I have said previously, I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with a co-worker who is a reality "star", complete with the leghumpers and now a family crisis which has most likely also affected his work.

It's hard to imagine that there has been no 19KAC interruptions during the work day, let alone the fact we've all seen video proof that Jill can't go eight hours without talking to her man.

What else could it have been? Could they have been moving away? Other ideas?

If Derick quit that job, without having secured another job, that would speak volumes about his intelligence, IMO.

One has to wonder if WM decided they had had enough of the Duggar family dog and pony show and asked him to leave. As I have said previously, I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with a co-worker who is a reality "star", complete with the leghumpers and now a family crisis which has most likely also affected his work.

It's hard to imagine that there has been no 19KAC interruptions during the work day, let alone the fact we've all seen video proof that Jill can't go eight hours without talking to her man.

I remember Derick on his twitter account saying how much he just loved working for WM. Sounded like BS. Maybe he was just trying to sound pleasing to them to make up for things like Jill interrupting or something.

Just looking at the facts.

Derick started the job in Feb. 2014- so he is a newbie

He was planning a wedding during the Spring

His mother received a cancer Dx

He got married in June

Took a honeymoon

Was involved in some filming for the fall series

Had a pregnant wife who had a rough go of it

Had a mother undergoing cancer treatments-some a distance away

Had prenatal visits and birthing classes to attend

Was involved in filming for the spring session

Went to DC to see the Duggars

Went to TX 2 weeks before the baby was born, so probably had a pre birth paternity leave

Wife had c-section

Had the post birth leave

Went to Big Sandy conference

Has had dental surgery and orthodontia

Now this

I would have been forced to take a leave-

I don't know how helpful this might be but I was on my linkedIn and I really have no idea how, besides I guess I was googling the duggars a lot once the news was released and saw that they all had their own linkedIn accounts. I'm assuming it was updated because I saw it within the week that the news hit and Josh had already changed his account saying he was done with FRC. Derick's for the moment is still saying he works at walmart..

www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=111622599&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=z3Ea&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2Cidx%3A2-2-3%2CtarId%3A1433278715755%2Ctas%3Ader

I don't know how helpful this might be but I was on my linkedIn and I really have no idea how, besides I guess I was googling the duggars a lot once the news was released and saw that they all had their own linkedIn accounts. I'm assuming it was updated because I saw it within the week that the news hit and Josh had already changed his account saying he was done with FRC. Derick's for the moment is still saying he works at walmart..

www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=111622 ... Ctas%3Ader

Can I just say I find it creepy that according to linkedin I have numerous contacts who make me 3 degrees from Josh Duggar, particularly considering I don't live in either DC or Arkansas. He must really have gotten around more than I thought.

What exactly could the Duggars put on a Linkedin account? I can give pass to Jim Bob and Michelle, they have worked, but the kids?

He got married in June

Took a honeymoon

Went to TX 2 weeks before the baby was born, so probably had a pre birth paternity leave

Wife had c-section

Had the post birth leave

Now this

I'm sure there will always be a job for him in the Hobby Lobby home office.

I'm sure there will always be a job for him in the Hobby Lobby home office.

OKC is not all that far away.

Or maybe he's going to work at Gothard's HQ.

He got married in June

Took a honeymoon

Wife had c-section

Had the post birth leave

Now this

Looking at your list, I don't think Derick has taken THAT much time off as I had originally thought. A lot of the filming he does for the show is done in the evenings after he comes home from work or on the weekends. He, and usually by extension, Jill, have also had to miss a lot of the filming for Duggar events. I don't think they were there for Anna's M4 gender party for example. The two Texas trips, dental surgery, etc. were all planned around Derick's pre/post birth paternity leave, which he's certainly entitled to take. And Jill said he went back to work pretty quickly anyway. Weren't people complaining back then that he should have taken MORE time off to be with his wife and newborn? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, eh? My point is, I don't think it's fair to accuse Derick of slacking off or otherwise creating a "distraction" to his co-workers when we don't know what his situation is like at work. I think only his employer could be the judge of whether he's being productive or not.

Haven't they both expressed interest in mission work? I figured they were sticking around to have the baby, enjoy the mansion for awhile, and save up some TLC $$s. Izzy's here, the mansion's no longer a novelty - especially if they haven't been able to leave it for the past few weeks, and TLC $$s likely aren't as reliable as they used to be. I think they're going to end up in Central America, happy.

Would Derrick's "celebrity" status be a concern for WM? I would think they'd tread very lightly if he has, in fact, taken too much time off according to WM standards. They don't want that type of publicity--firing a Duggar by marriage? That family has enough fans that if they put up a stink about Derrick being fired things could get messy. Or maybe not...WM is huge. The might be immune to negative publicity.

Looking at your list, I don't think Derick has taken THAT much time off as I had originally thought. A lot of the filming he does for the show is done in the evenings after he comes home from work or on the weekends. He, and usually by extension, Jill, have also had to miss a lot of the filming for Duggar events. I don't think they were there for Anna's M4 gender party for example. The two Texas trips, dental surgery, etc. were all planned around Derick's pre/post birth paternity leave, which he's certainly entitled to take. And Jill said he went back to work pretty quickly anyway. Weren't people complaining back then that he should have taken MORE time off to be with his wife and newborn? Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't, eh? My point is, I don't think it's fair to accuse Derick of slacking off or otherwise creating a "distraction" to his co-workers when we don't know what his situation is like at work. I think only his employer could be the judge of whether he's being productive or not.

I also forgot the NY trip.

How do you know what time of day the family films?

Are you in the US? Derick took the WM job before he was a reality star. He was not even engaged, so I doubt he had an initial contract that covered miseds work beyond vacation/sick/unpaid paternity time.

Lots of places do not even grant paid vacation time off in the first 12 months of employment.

As a sole income earner, taking lots of unpaid time seems irresponsible and fiscally unwise.

What exactly could the Duggars put on a Linkedin account? I can give pass to Jim Bob and Michelle, they have worked, but the kids?

www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=160470161&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=N2sC&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2Cidx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1433286945607%2Ctas%3Ajoshua%20d

Haven't they both expressed interest in mission work? I figured they were sticking around to have the baby, enjoy the mansion for awhile, and save up some TLC $$s. Izzy's here, the mansion's no longer a novelty - especially if they haven't been able to leave it for the past few weeks, and TLC $$s likely aren't as reliable as they used to be. I think they're going to end up in Central America, happy.

Yes, I wish this for them! I'm no leghumper but hope they can get away from the Duggar freakshow. Maybe they'll become fundie-lite or totally turn their backs on the whole thing. One can only hope!

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id ... Ctas%3Ader

Here's the link for those without a LinkedIn account

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/derick-dillard/31/470/4b3

Hmm, it appears that he has changed his profile sometime recently...I noticed that he took out the part about his mission stint with the IMB from his work experience. I'm pretty sure it was still there when I last saw his page couple months ago. I even doubled checked with past FJ threads and other posters mentioned seeing the same thing (IMB missionary) on his old profile...did he change it because he wanted to distance himself from any associating with a religious group? That was my first thought anyway. But then, why would he care unless he was looking to change jobs? Could this be related to Jill and Derick's "special announcement" in the previews? One thing that struck me was the Jim Bob genuinely did NOT look happy with their news. IMO, it almost felt he was forcing himself to act supportive because the cameras were there. Maybe he was secretly pissed at having been caught off guard and he's been "punishing" Jill and Derick ever since. That might explain why Jill has seemed so off and not her usual bubbly self recently, and why her parents suddenly went from doting on their pregnant daughter to not even holding their grandson for the first time until he was well over a month old.

Archived