IGNORED

Jill Duggar Dillard, Derick Dillard, & Baby Israel - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I wish this for them! I'm no leghumper but hope they can get away from the Duggar freakshow. Maybe they'll become fundie-lite or totally turn their backs on the whole thing. One can only hope!

Me too.

These folks have potential to do good things and be fine, but they must physically and mentally separate from the cult.

I also forgot the NY trip.

How do you know what time of day the family films?

Are you in the US? Derick took the WM job before he was a reality star. He was not even engaged, so I doubt he had an initial contract that covered miseds work beyond vacation/sick/unpaid paternity time.

Lots of places do not even grant paid vacation time off in the first 12 months of employment.

As a sole income earner, taking lots of unpaid time seems irresponsible and fiscally unwise.

You're forgetting reality tv/People magazine income. How else can Ben pretend to support a family by working as JB's personal toilet scrubber? We all know Benessa's real bread and butter is the Duggars' dog and pony show.

As far as knowing when the Dillards films, most of that info comes from various sightings and clues around social media. For example, I believe Derick only took off Thursday + Friday for the NY trip. The DC trip to visit Josh and Anna happened over the Sat-Sun weekend. I know from someone who was in the birthing class with Jill and Derick that they took place every Wednesday night. I don't think it's a huge stretch to say that Derick could easily make it class after work without having to leave early. And etc. etc. I don't really want to go through a long list of evidence. :P

You're forgetting reality tv/People magazine income. How else can Ben pretend to support a family by working as JB's personal toilet scrubber? We all know Benessa's real bread and butter is the Duggars' dog and pony show.

As far as knowing when the Dillards films, most of that info comes from various sightings and clues around social media. For example, I believe Derick only took off Thursday + Friday for the NY trip. The DC trip to visit Josh and Anna happened over the Sat-Sun weekend. I know from someone who was in the birthing class with Jill and Derick that they took place every Wednesday night. I don't think it's a huge stretch to say that Derick could easily make it class after work without having to leave early. And etc. etc. I don't really want to go through a long list of evidence. :P

I am sure you have far more intimate knowledge of this family than I do.

I am just glad that the show is cancelled for now and hopefully for good.

These folks need to get deprogrammed and up to speed on life in the real world, where people do not pay you lots of money because your parents had a big family.

It was all built on falsehoods and a frail, house of cards.

Yoshimi- What did your friend think of Derrick and Jill?

I know nothing of Derick's hours, but maybe he was able to have some flexible scheduling and do some 10 hour days and had a day off during the week. Also the amount of time we have seen Derick, in particular on the show would easily have fit into filming around his work schedule. When Jill and Jana cooked for him, we saw him come home after work. When they had the little girls over for the tea party, it was also evening so he probably worked during the day.

My stepdad worked in an office when I was in highschool and he always did 4 10 hour days. He had every Friday off for years. Plus he got every holiday off.

Sassy- has the show been officially cancelled? Or is it still on hold?

I'd be surprised if Walmart does flex scheduling. Also, Derrick is lucky they no longer do their mandated weekly (then monthly) 7:30am SATURDAY morning all hands meetings. That used to be a thing.

That said, most of his responsibilities and activities (outside of the show anyway) are well within 'normal'. It is a lot for someone to get married and have a kid and have surgery in the first year of working, but it happens. It all essentially shows good conservative / family values and most bosses don't argue with that as long as you get your work done.

I'm also guessing that being his job is a junior accountant that there is a pretty set amount and cadence of work and that if he is efficient it can/should get done during a normal work day. He isn't a plant manager or something where there are a lot of emergencies, overtime and long hours.

I do wonder though what has taken the air out of 'Jilly Muffin' ... posters who mentioned JB and J'chelle don't seem like their warm selves are right on. (OMG the look J'chelle gave Jill when she said she had a C-section).

I'd be surprised if Walmart does flex scheduling. Also, Derrick is lucky they no longer do their mandated weekly (then monthly) 7:30am SATURDAY morning all hands meetings. That used to be a thing.

That said, most of his responsibilities and activities (outside of the show anyway) are well within 'normal'. It is a lot for someone to get married and have a kid and have surgery in the first year of working, but it happens. It all essentially shows good conservative / family values and most bosses don't argue with that as long as you get your work done.

I'm also guessing that being his job is a junior accountant that there is a pretty set amount and cadence of work and that if he is efficient it can/should get done during a normal work day. He isn't a plant manager or something where there are a lot of emergencies, overtime and long hours.

I do wonder though what has taken the air out of 'Jilly Muffin' ... posters who mentioned JB and J'chelle don't seem like their warm selves are right on. (OMG the look J'chelle gave Jill when she said she had a C-section).

WalMart has to have either some sort of flex time or they have the most generous time off plan I've ever seen. I have a friend who works in the office and is off all the time.

I am a licensed therapist... I absolutely do not think that Derick has Asperger's.

I am really happy to hear that.

I am a licensed therapist... I absolutely do not think that Derick has Asperger's.

As someone with Asperger's myself I also can't really see it, but other people tell me always that I don't "look" like someone with Autism to them :roll: , so well, you can't really judge without knowing someone better I guess. If you know me more and deal with me more often you'll definitely notice it. (And I still have to find out what makes someone look like an Autistic human being. Hair style? Clothes? No idea...)

As in being dull/naive, that might be true for some, but you have to see it in a different angle. I'm tested as gifted but I fail at understanding irony in real life for example. (I'm able to use it and understand it online, with all those smileys and much more time to think about something). So if you judge me by understanding irony or writing a interpretation of a book I'm dumb.

My Dad is also Autistic (not diagnosed, but his whole family is/was weird, you know all those talented people, mathematicians, astronomers, but no families or failed marriages...). Having an autistic Dad is not always great. I sometimes feel like my Mum is more like a single mum. My Dad was great when I was a newborn, but once I started to function like a real human being he was overwhelmed.

I'm so interested to hear that posters are seeing changes in Jill and/or Derick. One of the biggest disappointments of this past season for me was seeing Derick seem to fall deeper into the cult when I had hopes he would help Jill climb out of it a little.

I wonder if reconnecting with his college roommates as part of that recent wedding has caused him to step back a little? Of course, having a child is a life-changing event so maybe they are just readjusting to their new reality.

My private speculation this past year (based on nothing), has been that JB would pull Derick the tax accountant into some big financial scandal which would expose a lot of shady wheeling and dealing. Like I said, based on nothing other than personalities. But it turned out to be Josh who will maybe shake the house down. Looking forward to hearing recaps of today's interview!

From an accountant point of view (I know nothing of Walmart practices except to point out that working in a store and working in a corporate office are different environments), Derrick likely has busy times of the month and busy times of the quarter and year.

My own schedule (I do nothing with taxes) as a cost accountant is super busy from late September through mid-February then slows down (allegedly) for the rest of the year. Except for month end closing (closing the books each month) and certain things due quarterly. Then there are auditors (internal and external - and I imagine from what I do know about corporate tax that they are dealing with state tax auditors and potential customs audits on top of the usual), census reporting (I do handle census reporting, annual and a whole realm of we drew the short straw this year).

Does it allow for a certain amount of flexibility - meaning I can leave early or work with my boss to take off early for doctors or in my case to handle issues related to my mother (dementia that I've dealt with for the last year) - yes.

WalMart could also see this as PR. Meaning viewers more or less know that Derek works there and until now it was positive exposure.

As for morals. Living in Mid-Missouri now, I can only point to Page Laurie (sp), daughter of a Walton heir regarding morals. (There's also the Gronke (sp?) family which has a vast hold on corporate real estate holdings in my neck of the woods that is mind-boggling and is also tied to the Walton family).

So apparently the big news the Dillards had was they are planning to go to Nepal for missionary work. This is from the Daily Fail so take it with a grain of salt. Jill also had "health issues" after Israel's birth. Not much detail on what they are

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108207/Josiah-Duggar-Marjorie-Jackson-courting-Jessa-hears-baby-s-heartbeat-time-Jill-family-going-Nepal-missionary-work-moments-WON-T-TLC-cancels-19-Kids-Counting.html

Good for them! This will be a great time for them to clear off and get away from the controversy. To hell with Boobles if he doesn't like it. Wonder when they leave?

I wonder if they'll still Go? I'll assume that they had planned on filming the trip.

I would, if I were them. Give 'em a chance to get their heads on straight and maybe do some cult- deprogramming.

So apparently the big news the Dillards had was they are planning to go to Nepal for missionary work. This is from the Daily Fail so take it with a grain of salt. Jill also had "health issues" after Israel's birth. Not much detail on what they are

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108207/Josiah-Duggar-Marjorie-Jackson-courting-Jessa-hears-baby-s-heartbeat-time-Jill-family-going-Nepal-missionary-work-moments-WON-T-TLC-cancels-19-Kids-Counting.html

If this story is actually true then it could be a good move for them. A bit of time and space away from everything going on could be quite good for the two of them. I don't think it will lead to a life-altering choice to leave Gothardism, but it could provide them with a really good distraction from everything happening with her family (while allowing them to, hopefully, do some good in the world). I doubt it would be for an extended amount of time (considering Israel is still so young, Jill had health issues, and Derick just got surgery). I'll be interested to see if this rumor turns out to be true or not.

Run Derick and Jill - Run

and didn't i tell you - we have in laws going to the dentist - how fun :angry-banghead:

as for Jessa and Ben - I miss them - Im sorry - they were fun to snark on coffins and smoothies

I knew the story about the baby's heartbeat

Ha I thought that's what the announcement was!

I will say I didn't think that Jill would be dumb enough to bring a newborn to a disaster zone tho

Ha I thought that's what the announcement was!

I will say I didn't think that Jill would be dumb enough to bring a newborn to a disaster zone tho

please :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :worship:

These two are so boring, it's hard to be interested in anything they do. Jill can hardly put two sentences together coherently. She is the Gothard version of a Valley Girl, and Derrick, well, Oklahoma State, my alma mater, failed him in some significant ways. Maybe too much time wearing the Big Head 'O Pete. That's got to play havoc with the brain synapses in some way.

Have fun in Nepal with a baby. I can't imagine them actually being a help to destitute victims of two major earthquakes. Camera crews following them around, her getting pregnant immediately, fellowshipping with ungodly pagans...

Lord, protect and preserve the innocent people of Nepal. Amen.

These two are so boring, it's hard to be interested in anything they do. Jill can hardly put two sentences together coherently. She is the Gothard version of a Valley Girl, and Derrick, well, Oklahoma State, my alma mater, failed him in some significant ways. Maybe too much time wearing the Big Head 'O Pete. That's got to play havoc with the brain synapses in some way.

Have fun in Nepal with a baby. I can't imagine them actually being a help to destitute victims of two major earthquakes. Camera crews following them around, her getting pregnant immediately, fellowshipping with ungodly pagans...

Lord, protect and preserve the innocent people of Nepal. Amen.

isn't there major debris and dust after a horrific earthquake - great for a new born baby

maybe Jill be inside visiting the sick with IDDY in his sling

they both are wackadoodle

I find the Nepal thing hard to believe. Can Jill have another pregnancy and crazy delivery in Katmandu, I don't know. But if it is true, hats off to them. I just wish they would use birth control. Why go over there and just reproduce? I should ask them.

I really like Derick. He is a professional, the linkedin showed his GPA to be 3.5. He seems easygoing....and is not to my eye a Gothardite. College and mother in pants who works and also went to college. He may be very, very religious, but they talked about their kids getting higher education if they wanted it. I wish all of the girls could marry someone like this who combines the religious stuff they need with a road out to the real world, education jobs and all.

Archived