IGNORED

Bengi graduated from collage. Jessa tweeted.

Justme

Well done Ben, now you have qualifications, use them. Stop being Jimbob's slave, get a good job somewhere far away from Jessa's parents, and protect her.

I really do hope Ben and Jessa get the heck away from the compound and live their lives independently from the shit storm going on. Come on, Ben, you got a legit college education now. No need to be Boob's yard boy. Get your wife and soon to be child away from this toxic family.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because it's US policy doesn't mean it's made in the best interest of the students -- just that the politicians have agreed to fund things a certain way.

That's how we wind up with so many kids labeled Generation 1.5. They know some stuff in one language, and some in another, but not enough to be truly prepared for college in either language. Weird cracks emerge, too. I'm in English, so I see a lot of the interesting effects this has on written language.

Where are you that you'd have 90+ students with different home languages? I taught in LA and can't think of a school with more than 20. I haven't been everywhere, but a lot of communities have some ethnic groupings. So you'd get a lot of Spanish speakers, maybe some who speak indigenous languages, and a variety of Southeast Asian students, but still it'd be far fewer than 90, or even 50.

Ultimately, the reality of the situation is we DO have the resources to change this, but we don't. Many of the resources aren't especially effective (I say this having been sent to LOTS of schools while training for my TESL certificate. There are well-funded elementary, junior, and high schools in my area, and we SUCK at integrating kids and getting them caught up in English). There's a lot we could do, but we don't. We spend our American fortune on our military, instead.

I live in Minnesota. Here is a website from school: http://www.spps.org/aboutus. It actually quotes 125 plus languages in their district

My AAS in Radiologic Technology is very useful, thank you very much.

I haven't even graduated yet but my anticipated AAS in Health Information Technology has helped me already land a job in the field making decent money. I also have an Associate's in Liberal Arts and Science (basically just the gen eds) from right after high school(before I knew what I really wanted to do) and I believe that degree also helped me get my foot in the door.

If Ben and Jessa leave I want them to take Jessa's siblings with them! I feel so sad at the thought of only the married siblings being able to escape.

Ben is now more qualified than Boob has ever been. I hope he reacts sensibly to the shitstorm and gets himself and Jessa the hell out of Duggarville.

I hope Ben can find a job. Maybe even get his BA since most jobs now want a 4yrdegree depending on the job

Archived