IGNORED

Bengi graduated from collage. Jessa tweeted.

Justme

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community college classes are much cheaper than university credits and if the right courses are taken, they can be transferred to university later if desired. I did my AD in nursing at CC and finished my Bachelors in nursing online.

Yep, much cheaper... I did CC and just finished my Bachelor's in Education (transferred) without debt. I say good for Ben, at least he went to a real college, let's hope he continues and maybe encourage his kids to get higher education.

Looks like many of the gang were in attendance. I like that the Duggars are showing support. I love when the Duggars do normal stuff. It makes them appear more mainstream.

I don't know if NPCC has Polysci but I do know that while he was courting Jessa, he was taking business management. I know that because he told me himself.

NPCC credits usually do transfer.

NPCC is now NPC abd working towards becoming a 4 year college.

Good For Ben ! Takes guts to finish!!

his aunt posted on her facebook page that Mr Duggar paid for an entire meal of 40 people including this lady's kids

she was gaga

I assume Ben took at least half of his classes online? I hope this shows JB that you can get a degree from an evil public college online (for a reasonable cost) and never have to sit next to purple haired students.

My son's high school had some budget cuts and he really wanted to take 2 classes that were no longer offered, a history and computer science class. I was offered a free online community college class by the high school. I was surprised at how many options there were online at the community college. While my son would have rather been in a classroom, he did learn what he needed to and I was glad there was the option. My son's credit is counted as high school and college. He could transfer the community college credits even though he was under 16 when he took them. The only time there are issues with transferring are for courses that are remedial or if your are trying to transfer to a very competitive college. I traveled my junior year in college writing my thesis. I took college classes at 3 colleges. 12 credits(3 classes) were not accepted at the college I graduated from because the professors that taught the classes did not have the right degree. I remember I took criminology and it was taught by the assistant prison warden at the prison. I learned SO much in that class but my college said no credit for criminology because the warden didn't have the right degree. I ended up having to take criminology at my college with a PHD in sociology and he rambled about the early US penal system and I learned very little but I got my 4 credits.

Please JB let some of those kids take some classes! Maybe Ben can help them get registered. I bet JB would not even notice what his kids were doing.

Now we know why JB and counting were - they filmed it for the show as well as his birthday party

so now we know that TLC paid for the 40 people that they took to dinner not jB

Four-year schools look very favorably on candidates who have proven they can successfully receive an associate's degree. It is easier to transfer once you have your A.A. or A.S. than it is after one year of college courses and no degree. I REALLY hope he continues his education!

And please do not disparage the liberal arts degree! The liberal arts teach you critical thinking, ethics, morality and humanity's role in the world over time. These are VERY important skills for anyone (especially the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents) to have. I only hope Ben learns those lessons on his path to a B.A. or B.S. :shrug:

Well congrats Benny-boy! I'm sure you guys can celebrate with a cake and sparkling grape juice. :lol:

Also I have to say I'm impressed he at least has some college education that didn't come from Gothard U.

Looks like many of the gang were in attendance. I like that the Duggars are showing support. I love when the Duggars do normal stuff. It makes them appear more mainstream.

Well that and it was easy for them to attend as Graduation robes can't make anyone look immodest. ;) No Nike needed.

There's been several mentions in various interviews (and I think during the honeymoon episode) that he's thinking of going into ministry. I wonder if this would make it possible for him to skip all the general ed requirements at a seminary and do most if not all the biblical studies part online?

I hate to be a party pooper, but I never understood the value of an associate's degree. /cc dropout whose plan was to transfer

I don;'t understand the value of a **humanities** A.A., unless the plain is to immediately transfer into a 4 year program. Like a student who needs to bring up their academics to university level and such.

On the technical side, many "blue collar" technical skills are now taught as A.A.S. (associate of applied sciences) degrees. Welders don't do certificate programs anymore, they do an AAS in welding. Given that the technical language of training manuals is on par with the vocabulary and syntax of materials used in B.S. degrees, I would say that on the technical side an AAS is a valuable thing to have.

And please do not disparage the liberal arts degree! The liberal arts teach you critical thinking, ethics, morality and humanity's role in the world over time. These are VERY important skills for anyone (especially the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents) to have. I only hope Ben learns those lessons on his path to a B.A. or B.S. :shrug:

They may do all of that, but many people who earn them find that they're not very helpful in terms of finding employment on their own in the way that a vocational degree is. Many of the people who were in my classes back when I was an English major are now also going back to school for something else after unsuccessfully trying to obtain reliable employment for years. Many employers do value an English or other liberal arts degree, but not usually on its own. Not going to argue, though. I know this is a touchy subject for a lot of people, and I know what my experience as a liberal arts graduate looked like, and it wasn't pretty. It does work out for some, but many others need to obtain further education in another field or vocational training.

Is anyone else kinda sad that Benny won't be able to do more with drawing? Those horses that Jessa framed are envy-able. Plus that wedding band design.

I just feel if he hadn't gotten her preggo just yet maybe he could go out and do some art program.

whats associate good for ?before the BA /MA system we only had one degree .you would have after however long it took you to study which was a better system if you ask me as you didnt have time constraints and you could veer into different areas of interest. now we have Bachelor and master and bachelor is sofar as good as toilet paper in lot of cases especially in teaching where you cant start teaching before you have a masters degree in pedagogy . we dont have associate degrees and bachelor is 3years and master an additioal 2.

Man, those pics Jessa posted just re-enforce the whole "transfer of authority" thing to me in a way that nothing else has AND proves what attention-whores the Duggars are.

WHY are the Duggars sitting IN FRONT OF THE SEAWALDS at the graduation of Ben SEAWALD?

And now that Jessa is the property of Ben, she sits with HIS family! :roll: Gotta show who she belongs to!!!!

I get that she is friends with his sisters, but from everything we've been told, she is best friends with Jinger. Personally, I think I'd want to be sitting with my best friend for such a proud occasion... Somehow this has made me a sad panda :(

Edited for Riffles

Man, those pics Jessa posted just re-enforce the whole "transfer of authority" thing to me in a way that nothing else has AND proves what attention-whores the Duggars are.

WHY are the Duggars sitting IN FRONT OF THE SEAWALDS at the graduation of Ben SEAWALD?

And now that Jessa is the property of Ben, she sits with HIS family! :roll: Gotta show who she belongs to!!!!

I get that she is friends with his sisters, but from everything we've been told, she is best friends with Jinger. Personally, I think I'd want to be sitting with my best friend for such a proud occasion... Somehow this has made me a sad panda :(

Edited for Riffles

Aww, do you need a 'christian side hug?' :lol:

That is sad though, no more sitting with Jinger.

Another question. Was he pursuing this degree before he met the Duggar family and Jessa?

I'm thinking his plans may have been to transfer or continue studying to get bachelors or masters. But Duggarism has infected him and he may settle for one degree and JB provided employment under Smugs.

But I'm happy to see that most of you found your associates very useful, and so may Ben.

We don't have vocational degrees in my country so I was just curious as to how they help employability.

Another question. Was he pursuing this degree before he met the Duggar family and Jessa?

I'm thinking his plans may have been to transfer or continue studying to get bachelors or masters. But Duggarism has infected him and he may settle for one degree and JB provided employment under Smugs.

But I'm happy to see that most of you found your associates very useful, and so may Ben.

We don't have vocational degrees in my country so I was just curious as to how they help employability.

I think he was studying business management in the actual brick and mortar version of the school. Then it all switched when he moved.

Yeah when we saw ben for the very first time (courtship announcement) he was already attending that school. I think he made the deans list or something because it came up in a Google search

Aww, do you need a 'christian side hug?' :lol:

That is sad though, no more sitting with Jinger.

I don't see what's wrong with Jessa si thing with her in laWs. This is Ben's moment, not Jessa's. I don't even know why all of the Duggars are there.

Normally I say that all college is good college; the actual qualification is less important than the life experience. Learning ANYTHING broadens the mind and opens up your world.

On this occasion I'll wait and see......somehow I have a feeling that Ben's mind will remain tightly shut and this qualification will somehow just be pivoted to make the Duggars seem more liberal and pro-education than we all know is true

:? :?

A lot of RNs have just an associate degree. That's probably the best example of what an associate degree can get you. And paralegals as well (I have an associate degree and as of TODAY a paralegal certificate aka another 30 units of law classes, and I am pretty proud of it so I'm defensive lol). But usually you go to CC for two years and then transfer.

But nurses have a certificate program on top of that. Paralegals too. You don't stop just at an AA and you instantly have those. You have specialized training as well.

It really depends on what you want to do. I know in some fields they want a 4 year degree and/or additional certification. It's funny that JB is willing to marry off his daughters to educated non gothard men but his sons can't marriage educated women.

Now that Ben has a degree maybe he'll find a real job.

But nurses have a certificate program on top of that. Paralegals too. You don't stop just at an AA and you instantly have those. You have specialized training as well.

Most jobs for nursing want a 4yr degree anyway. The job market has changed a lot. Jobs that required only a high school diploma or certifications now wants a min of a BA.

Archived