IGNORED

Scandal Fallout - MEGA MERGE

eh02

Can somebody tell me either what Ben's mom said, or how I can go find it for myself? Thanks.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weer traveling around all the time long before the TV show started. I don't think they will be going overseas any more but they'll still be going to religious gatherings. I'm sure many of those people think they're innocent of everything.

BTW, I have an associates degree and unless you have one computer science they are pretty much worthless.

:angry-banghead: Say goodbey to any hope for the Seewalds. Bens mom just made her opinion very clear on Facebook. No support for Jessa from the inlaws. Makes me so sad.

Please Dillards, please, show some consideration for the real victims! :pray:

What did Ben's mom say on facebook?

Can somebody tell me either what Ben's mom said, or how I can go find it for myself? Thanks.

If you search Guinn Seewald in Facebook her profile comes up and you can see it. She shared Huckabee's statement on his support of the Duggars.

I think it was the other victim who wrote the letter. She was likely still pretty young and scared and that was the safest way she saw to share what happened. It's always easier to write something down than to actually talk about it.

Could it be a member of Production?

Maybe they overhead the girls having a Conversation. .

A lot of the people on Production on 19Kids have been on there for quite a few yrs...

i could see them tipping off a reporter anonymously

This I just my theory:

I found it extremely telling that Jill and Jessa post a random selfie on instagram the day this happened. I think it was a clue, like "Yeah, we got our revenge." I don't think THEY did it necessarily, but I think their husbands found out and together did it. Ben looked SUPER uncomfortable the whole special last week. He kept glaring at Josh any time he talked. He didn't seem to want to be there. Derrick wasn't there at all for "dental surgery". Didn't he get his braces like the day after Isreal was born? Why would he be having surgery 4 weeks after getting braces? And Jill just looked sad and uncomfortable when she was interviewed.

I truly think the married couples, or their husbands, did this. They had no gage for normal until married. I HIGHLY doubt their husbands knew until well into their marriages. I would think those men would be furious about what happened to their wives.

Honestly, when I saw the "first picture with grandpa" being 5 weeks after the birth when we KNOW that there's been contact between Jill and other family members, that told me all I needed to know. Something is going down between the Dillards and JB.

I don't know if it's related to the abuse. In fact, it may not be. But SOMETHING is happening.

Wasn't that selfie before the leak though?

There's speculation that the Duggars knew the leak was coming. I am not sure if I believe that or not, but if it's true then I think that's why they posted the selfie. Just my thoughts on it, of course. Who really knows.

There's speculation that the Duggars knew the leak was coming. I am not sure if I believe that or not, but if it's true then I think that's why they posted the selfie. Just my thoughts on it, of course. Who really knows.

They had to have. Otherwise, Joy wouldn't have been able to destroy the records on the same day the redacted report was printed.

Thank you for the information; I had the names of the mothers-in-law reversed, was searching for Cathy Seewald. Too early, not enough caffeine.

Cherish88, she actually didn't say anything at all, just did the heart thing after sharing Huckabee's statement.

Yes, I'm sure they knew prior. But even so, I could see their picture as being more "keep sweet" than "defiant."

They had to have. Otherwise, Joy wouldn't have been able to destroy the records on the same day the redacted report was printed.

Yeah I mean it definitely makes sense that they knew ahead of time! And that's why I was inclined to see that selfie and immediately think "they are just playing it off as everything is good and ok." I guess I haven't fully committed to yes they knew ahead of time or no they haven't because there isn't clear cut proof. Of course, I am not saying no way did they know ahead of time. I absolutely believe there's a possibility they did. I just haven't taken a firm stand on a side yet.

Yes, I'm sure they knew prior. But even so, I could see their picture as being more "keep sweet" than "defiant."

Yeah, "keeping sweet" is a good way to put it. That's what I meant when I said "everything is ok." I meant how all the women just smile and nod and act like it's all ok to keep up the appearance that everything is good.

This I just my theory:

I found it extremely telling that Jill and Jessa post a random selfie on instagram the day this happened. I think it was a clue, like "Yeah, we got our revenge." I don't think THEY did it necessarily, but I think their husbands found out and together did it. Ben looked SUPER uncomfortable the whole special last week. He kept glaring at Josh any time he talked. He didn't seem to want to be there. Derrick wasn't there at all for "dental surgery". Didn't he get his braces like the day after Isreal was born? Why would he be having surgery 4 weeks after getting braces? And Jill just looked sad and uncomfortable when she was interviewed.

I truly think the married couples, or their husbands, did this. They had no gage for normal until married. I HIGHLY doubt their husbands knew until well into their marriages. I would think those men would be furious about what happened to their wives.

Derick did have surgery. Look at his face on his recent IG pictures, it's extremely swollen. I didn't think Ben was glaring, he looked like his usual stoned self. It's possible, but I guess I'm in the camp that doesn't think anyone in the Duggar family had to do with the leak. Especially perfect child Jill.

She couldn't do anything if they wouldn't go, and if she was the 5th victim, she might have been in denial herself.

Do we know where Amy was living in 2002?

Yeah, "keeping sweet" is a good way to put it. That's what I meant when I said "everything is ok." I meant how all the women just smile and nod and act like it's all ok to keep up the appearance that everything is good.

Brainwashing

She won't change anything. She'll probably get married soon and get a new last name. That will be the only difference for her.

Oh, I do think they will pull away, but it will still take time for the magnitude of it all to sink in on Derick. They're more in the spotlight than ever, but that will fade and the show is done. So, THEN the reality will begin to hit. I thought Derick was a goner for sure, but this is NOT how he was brought up and I really think this will wake him up.

I think later, perhaps Ben and Jessa will watch Derick and Jill take a different path and then they too will try to follow, but we're talking about years here - not days or weeks.

The article wants the show to continue and become a true reality show- finally showing the real struggles of their family.

What the author doesn't understand is that's not going to happen. Neither TLC nor JimBob are going to change the sunny, innocent, and scripted show and "start getting real".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertain ... story.html

They're not going anywhere. Honestly, when it comes to their relationship with her family and their faith in their lifestyle as a whole, I think the abuse revelation is a non-issue for them. That selfie looked like a "Fuck you, haters" to me. I doubt they appreciate any well-wishers that are condemning Josh's behavior.

Not that any sort of rebellion is even the tiniest bit likely, but 8 (almost 9) of their children are not minors anymore. They wouldn't need permission from mom and dad, IF they were ever interested in something like that.

They're not going anywhere. Honestly, when it comes to their relationship with her family and their faith in their lifestyle as a whole, I think the abuse revelation is a non-issue for them. That selfie looked like a "Fuck you, haters" to me. I doubt they appreciate any well-wishers that are condemning Josh's behavior.

Maybe, but in time, I think Derick WILL want out of this. If Jill wants to stay with the crazy (and I can see it because she is brainwashed), I can see him still getting out of it.

This is far more serious than anything I could have thought would happen to this family and for people who weren't raised with the crazy, it can't be swallowed so easily. Derick is doing some serious thinking right now.

I really feel for Jill, but I admit I am more worried for Jinger and Jana. They already seem so...fragile, I guess is the word. :( Jill has a supportive husband, "second family," and a child to love and keep her busy. Jinger and Jana are just stuck at home with their parents.

I can't even begin to imagine how Derick or Ben will handle this, honestly. It could go in so many different directions. I tend to think they will stick with the Duggars initially but that this is the "beginning of the end" and it'll be a slow shift toward bigger and better things for all of the adult kids.

Fuck you Seewalds! Then again I guess this isn't surprising coming from someone involved in VF.

I would definitely watch that! All that whitewashed crap is going to look ridiculous after this scandal.

Archived