IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 5

happy atheist

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Long time lurker here! Don't know if this has been shared, but Ben's sister has chimed in a bit on Instagram:

fTZ7ANA.jpg

I think I like her just a little bit more now. :) She always seemed like a shoot-from-the-hip kinda gal.

But yes, I agree that her daddy and mommy didn't help matters. Though she makes a good point about being sucked into the public eye because of her brother's/parents' choices.

I think I like her just a little bit more now. :) She always seemed like a shoot-from-the-hip kinda gal.

But yes, I agree that her daddy and mommy didn't help matters. Though she makes a good point about being sucked into the public eye because of her brother's/parents' choices.

She could also lay off the vague quotes about forgiveness she just posted. That might help. No, we don't all make "mistakes" like that.

Maybe I'm thick, but I really don't understand what the dig at the U.S. was about. JenniferJuniper's original comment wasn't remotely jingoistic. Nor was it even rude or nasty.

So what exactly makes "the bitchy sarcasm necessary"?

I think it is likely because her professional opinion has been repeatedly slammed on here by people whose sole training is Dr. Google. I'd be a little annoyed if I was her.

I think it is likely because her professional opinion has been repeatedly slammed on here by people whose sole training is Dr. Google. I'd be a little annoyed if I was her.

As opposed to what? Her in depth diagnosis of someone she has never met? Or her PhD in rude sarcasm?

Generally, some people think that there are stages of healing and "survivor" refers to the last stage, after the person has healed from what happened. Then of course, others think that dealing with a sexual assault in any way (despite treatment or not) is in itself surviving. I can see both sides and tend to just use the two interchangeably.

Interestingly, in mental health a lot of people dislike the term "patient" and prefer "client."

In my area, mental health patients have to be referred to as consumers.

As opposed to what? Her in depth diagnosis of someone she has never met? Or her PhD in rude sarcasm?

Unlike many posters on here, latraviata has not done an in depth diagnosis by looking up data on the internet, but rather tried to point out a few salient facts she has learned from decades of being a practicing child psychologist with actual experience in similar situations - such as the fact that Josh is not necessarily a pedophile. Every time she has tried to be reasonable, she has been attacked. I don't blame her for having her back up. She may have overreacted here, but I too have gotten frustrated when people look something up on the internet from my field to prove me wrong when I actually have the knowledge and the experience.

So I'm searching the follow the money website. Ol' Jimmy boy is listed a lot. I'll try to copy them here because he's listed as James, James R, James "Jim Bob", etc. The one in red is a democrat and may not be our Jim Bob. The other out of state ones are listed with Arkansas ones though.

CALDWELL, PAUL AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 090 LOST-PRIMARY OPEN 1 $2,000

HOOGENDYK, JACK MI 2012 STANDARD US HOUSE DISTRICT MI 006 LOST-PRIMARY CHALLENGER 1 $1,000

HUTCHINSON, ASA AR 2014 STANDARD GOVERNOR WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $1,000

DOTSON, JIM AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 093 WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 2 $1,000

KLEEFISCH, REBECCA WI 2012 RECALL LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $500

YANG, KEN AR 2014 STANDARD AUDITOR

MARTIN, MARK AR 2014 STANDARD SECRETARY OF STATE WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $1,000

HODGES, GRANT AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 096 WON-GENERAL OPEN 2 $750

STERLING, DAVID AR 2014 STANDARD ATTORNEY GENERAL LOST-PRIMARY RUNOFF OPEN 1 $1,000

MCMATH, BYRON AL 2006 STANDARD SENATE DISTRICT 005 LOST-PRIMARY OPEN 1 $250

ALEXANDER, RANDY AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 088 LOST-PRIMARY INCUMBENT 1 $1,000

BALLINGER, BOB AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 097 WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $500

HESTER, BART AR 2012 STANDARD SENATE DISTRICT 001 WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $1,000

SANTORUM, RICK US 2012 STANDARD PRESIDENT / VICE PRESIDENT LOST-CONVENTION OPEN 1 $2,500

HIXSON, KENNETH NONPARTISAN AR 2012 STANDARD APPELLATE COURT DISTRICT 003-POSITION 002 WON-PRIMARY OPEN 1 $1,000

SMITH, CAROLYN ANN AR 2010 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 034 LOST-GENERAL OPEN 1 $1,000

CROSWELL, JEFF AR 2012 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 065 LOST-GENERAL CHALLENGER 1 $1,000

COLLINS, CHARLES S AR 2010 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 089 WON-GENERAL CHALLENGER 1 $1,000

DOTSON, JIM 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 093 WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $1,000

SPARKS, HARVEY OK 2014 STANDARD US HOUSE DISTRICT OK 005 LOST-PRIMARY OPEN 1 $680

VAN ZANT, CHARLES FL 2012 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 019 WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $500

GRIFFIN, TIM AR 2014 STANDARD LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $500

DELLA ROSA, JANA AR 2014 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 090 WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $500

FECHTELKOTTER, BILL AR 2008 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 045 LOST-GENERAL OPEN 2 $400

HARRIS, JUSTIN T AR 2010 STANDARD HOUSE DISTRICT 087 WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $400

KEET, JIM AR 2010 STANDARD GOVERNOR LOST-GENERAL CHALLENGER 1 $250

SANDERS, DAVID J AR 2012 STANDARD SENATE DISTRICT 015 WON-GENERAL OPEN 1 $250

WALLACE, SCOTT AR 2010 STANDARD US HOUSE DISTRICT AR 002 LOST-PRIMARY OPEN 1 $250

HOLT, JIM AR 2006 STANDARD LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR LOST-GENERAL OPEN 1 $200

BAKER, GILBERT AR 2008 STANDARD SENATE DISTRICT 030 WON-GENERAL INCUMBENT 1 $100

Just Bart that I see connected to this case. I just found who donated to him so I'm going to scour that document and report back.

I just read on a message board, the poster said that since JB had been a state representative that he now has free health care for life? Can anyone verify? I just thought it was interesting since I always wondered how they could afford health insurance for 19 kids. Also the person said that JB has his home registered as a Church so he doesn't have to pay taxes. I know it is purely speculation, but I was wondering if anyone can produce official documentation to verify those things. If is true he registered his home as a Church, I'll just roll over and die, because that is nothing but deceiving and deceitful and insulting for those of us who do pay taxes.

She could also lay off the vague quotes about forgiveness she just posted. That might help. No, we don't all make "mistakes" like that.

She could also make her account private. I know my account would have been private the moment Ben said he was going to start dating Jessa.

I found her disclosures, however it would take me forever to go through the contributions because a) they are handwritten b) some (most) of them are done through attorneys c) some are companies that I don't recognize.

If you were able to recognize companies or attorneys that have ties to the Duggars then you could probably nail it down. But the whole document is a mess and confusing. She raised a lot of money, almost triple than her opponent.

If you post it here I think we could make sense of it. I'm more interested in the recent campaign.

I just read on a message board, the poster said that since JB had been a state representative that he now has free health care for life? Can anyone verify? I just thought it was interesting since I always wondered how they could afford health insurance for 19 kids. Also the person said that JB has his home registered as a Church so he doesn't have to pay taxes. I know it is purely speculation, but I was wondering if anyone can produce official documentation to verify those things. If is true he registered his home as a Church, I'll just roll over and die, because that is nothing but deceiving and deceitful and insulting for those of us who do pay taxes.

No and no. There is no such thing as "registering as a church". He would have to go through the entire nonprofit status process. No way a "home church" and a state representative does not have free insurance for life. Federal elected officials, I believe, qualify for the right to purchase federal health insurance for life, but I may be wrong.

She could also make her account private. I know my account would have been private the moment Ben said he was going to start dating Jessa.

Bingo. You can't have it both ways. Wait. With this crew, maybe you can.

I see her point in trying to differentiate herself, but perhaps then she should have a public and private account. And if she still catches flack from haters, ditch the public one. Simple.

I'm fuming mad right now. A former co-worker posted her opinion on FB about the Duggar situation. I replied with mine. We had a difference of opinion but it was all very respectful. Then, some "lady" I don't know replies with this. Is this cunt threatening me? I mean I think, but her sentence structures are so bad I cannot tell

I'm not religious, but I'm going to have to practice some forgiveness here, for my on sanity. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Sounds like she thinks because you said something bad about Jesus (not sure what that is... lol) god will smite your kid. I wouldn't worry too much :)

No to both of your questions.

Even if he did it would only cover him, Arkansas recently passed a bill that they will not allow anyone but the employee to be on the insurance, this included public offices. It was retroactive as well. The free healthcare for life is for federal not state. States would go broke if they paid for all those people. I know in Kansas that the state officials can join the insurance plan and pay their portion just like any employee.

We've found tax records for the house so we know they pay taxes on it.

If you post it here I think we could make sense of it. I'm more interested in the recent campaign.

There are no judges listed on any of the Duggars giving via follow the money. I posted a list above. And the ones who gave to Jim Bob aren't interesting.

I am having a hard time even contemplating that JB might have made the decisions that he did when these incidents occurred, because he was operating from a Christian standpoint and using Christian principles. IMO, money and his own political future were the driving forces. Did JB not make a statement that the reason he was a 1 term AR politician was d/t sin in the camp?

I hate how JB perverts religion. He uses religion to justify behaviors, both good and bad. He intertwines Gothardism with Christianity. He uses religion as a weapon against others. He has used religion to mind screw his own children. He uses religion and ignores free will in excusing all sorts of Duggar behaviors.

The man is a fraud. Those poor kids were starting life at such a deficit.

I think it's fine to be as religious as you want to be, but if your religion is telling you that you should let your daughters be harmed by their brother, you need to question that. Religion doesn't free you from all common sense and it shouldn't over ride someone's bodily autonomy.

No to both of your questions.

Even if he did it would only cover him, Arkansas recently passed a bill that they will not allow anyone but the employee to be on the insurance, this included public offices. It was retroactive as well. The free healthcare for life is for federal not state. States would go broke if they paid for all those people. I know in Kansas that the state officials can join the insurance plan and pay their portion just like any employee.

We've found tax records for the house so we know they pay taxes on it.

Thanks for the clarification, it's amazing what people are posting without doing any research and finding out if it is really true. I guess if you could register your home as a Church to avoid taxes everyone would be doing it ;)

Maybe I'm thick, but I really don't understand what the dig at the U.S. was about. JenniferJuniper's original comment wasn't remotely jingoistic. Nor was it even rude or nasty.

So what exactly makes "the bitchy sarcasm necessary"?

I referred to 'the most pedophiles in the US assault their victims at age 15' and start with little girls. I tried to point out that, apparently I am from another planet......where pedophiles have different ages and Modus Operandi......

Long time lurker here! Don't know if this has been shared, but Ben's sister has chimed in a bit on Instagram:

fTZ7ANA.jpg

Honey, your "personal" instagram is PUBLIC. Lock that shit up if you don't' want people commenting on it. Social Media 101.

Unlike many posters on here, latraviata has not done an in depth diagnosis by looking up data on the internet, but rather tried to point out a few salient facts she has learned from decades of being a practicing child psychologist with actual experience in similar situations - such as the fact that Josh is not necessarily a pedophile. Every time she has tried to be reasonable, she has been attacked. I don't blame her for having her back up. She may have overreacted here, but I too have gotten frustrated when people look something up on the internet from my field to prove me wrong when I actually have the knowledge and the experience.

I know I had no idea her background and how are we supposed to inherently know that information?

Next time go with a "I really don't know what your source of information is, mine isn't the same, and I am a practicing child psychologist" instead of taking a random dig at the country as a whole. That irked me too and I'm probably the least jingoistic (thanks for the new vocab word nausicaa25) person I know.

So because people disagree with her, she has to attack someone who has provided US specific statistics that differ from whatever statistics she has (though she didn't actually state what those are)? Yea. That makes sense.

I don't agree with children being charged as adults in certain cases. I do agree that if a teenager molests or rapes someone then they should get help and/or serve time. If sending a kid who molests to RTC or to a juvenile program for young offenders doesn't resolve the issue or doesn't get better than the next step should be protecting others who may be at risk. The thumpers who are clueless don't understand how strong a sexual attraction is. If you're sexually attracted to a car then that's really hard to get over without or even with help. Just like having an attraction to children. That urge is there. Which is why some offenders re offend even with therapy. I think the younger and sooner the person gets help the better it is to deal with it. I think a teenager knows what they're doing is wrong. Josh grew up in an environment that didn't punish him or get him help for his actions. So he kept doing it and kept getting away with it. This lifestyle would be appealing to any person who molests children, is abusive or even rapes women.

Archived