IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 6

happy atheist

I still can't believe DHS was involved in this case and did not mandate real therapy. I've never seen anything like this!

Maybe it has to do with being notified after the fact? But as a social worker, I can't imagine a worker not implanting that as part of a plan. Monthly therapy and monitor in is nothing.

Is it possible that because they were notified years after the fact, and all the children claimed that they hadn't been molested since that time, that tptb wouldn't deem therapy necessary? I need to ask the social workers I know what would normally happen in this situation.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that heard the Duggars hired a crisis manager

http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/05/27/exclusive-duggar-family-crisis-manager-not-hired/

Quoting this one since it's the most recent; nothing personal, runawayreptar. :)

The Real Mr. Housewife seems to be a gossip site nobody's ever heard of. I'll bet their web traffic jumped with all the links we gave them, and I would put money on Frederick's site getting a huge bump from us, too. :penguin-no:

http://realmrhousewife.com/about-the-authors/

Eh, no one here knows anything for sure. That's been my assumption since learning that he contacted Jim Bob to be a prayer partner. Everything from the courtship to the enthusiastic participation in the show to the political and religious stuff he's posted has been further confirmation for me.

Thanks. I guess since he went to college and both of his parents did and Dan too, I wasn't clear on it. The prayer partner thing is quite telling.....and I guess he knew what JB was about as everyone there does. I'm just glad her has a solid career for Jill and the baby.

Is it possible that because they were notified years after the fact, and all the children claimed that they hadn't been molested since that time, that tptb wouldn't deem therapy necessary? I need to ask the social workers I know what would normally happen in this situation.

I'm a social worker and I'm still confused. Maybe because he wasn't officially charged? But even then, CPS can order things the the police can not. I'd think they'd air on the side of caution. I know I've dealt with cases (much younger children) who perp on each other and those kids are usually separated or in intensive therapy with fail safes in the home (door alarms, rules about not being alone, etc)

Starting to wonder if it is immoral to have any reality shows with kids in them. While the thought of a spin-off show could be interesting, all I can think about is baby Israel and how he'll be in the spotlight from the get-go. Frankly he'll pretty much be the star of the show. And I'm uncomfortable with this. Is this even right? When children are on typical TV they are playing characters. They have a script. In these shows the kids are presumably playing themselves. They have no ability to give consent.

I still can't believe DHS was involved in this case and did not mandate real therapy. I've never seen anything like this!

Maybe it has to do with being notified after the fact? But as a social worker, I can't imagine a worker not implanting that as part of a plan. Monthly therapy and monitor in is nothing.

They may have had real therapy; we don't know. Bottom of page 32 of the police report says Detective Hignite filled out a FINS affidavit and that would have been taken over by another agency.

Starting to wonder if it is immoral to have any reality shows with kids in them. While the thought of a spin-off show could be interesting, all I can think about is baby Israel and how he'll be in the spotlight from the get-go. Frankly he'll pretty much be the star of the show. And I'm uncomfortable with this. Is this even right? When children are on typical TV they are playing characters. They have a script. In these shows the kids are presumably playing themselves. They have no ability to give consent.

I agree that people younger than the age of consent and without proper and full protections in place, should not be allowed on reality tv shows.

If you're not old enough to sign privacy and anonymity away via legal, informed consent, you should not be able to be included in reality TV.

They may have had real therapy; we don't know. Bottom of page 32 of the police report says Detective Hignite filled out a FINS affidavit and that would have been taken over by another agency.

5 years after the fact- a bit late, especially if you consider the developing mind.

Sounds like Dan is supporting Josh:

Untitled.jpg

And if her "like" means anything, so is Cathy:

Untitled_2.jpg

If these are fake profiles (or if somebody's posted this before, or if I shouldn't be posting this here, or whatever) please let me know.

Dan knows the Duggars personally, and appears to be pretty close to some of the older kids. The public's reaction is likely harsher than the reaction of people who actually know the Duggars b/c our reaction isn't tempered by relationships with individuals in the family. Dan certainly knows more about the girls current feelings than we do, and I expect he is taking the Duggars at their word that that the girls receive counseling and forgave Josh, and that Josh has repented and reformed. If the Duggars were never on TV, I think Dan's response would be perfectly understandable. Unfortunately, I think the people on the Duggar periphery are having a hard time understanding that the public nature of the Duggar life means the aftermath of this disclosure is bigger and louder than it would be for people living a completely private life.

I don't understand this 'examine your own life before you judge Josh' line of reasoning. Are they really suggesting that most of us have done something even approaching the level of molesting underage siblings, or covering up for someone who did? I mean what the hell?

I don't understand this 'examine your own life before you judge Josh' line of reasoning. Are they really suggesting that most of us have done something even approaching the level of molesting underage siblings, or covering up for someone who did? I mean what the hell?

This. In fact, the people he should be telling this quote are the Duggars themselves. Who really should have examined their own lives before going out to claim that trans people are out to molest women and children.

I'm a social worker and I'm still confused. Maybe because he wasn't officially charged? But even then, CPS can order things the the police can not. I'd think they'd air on the side of caution. I know I've dealt with cases (much younger children) who perp on each other and those kids are usually separated or in intensive therapy with fail safes in the home (door alarms, rules about not being alone, etc)

Would that order come from a judge?

While I don't think there's this huge cover-up, I do think Jim Bob used his political connections to his advantage, and I think he would fight his children having non-Gothard approved therapy tooth and nail.

This. In fact, the people he should be telling this quote are the Duggars themselves. Who really should have examined their own lives before going out to claim that trans people are out to molest women and children.

I'm sitting on my hands, trying not to respond to Dan's post with that very statement.

OT from current discussion:

Opinion piece titled "The Duggar family is part of a sex cult"

rawstory.com/2015/05/the-duggar-family-is-part-of-a-sex-cult/

"Sex becomes the ring from Lord of the Rings and fundies are all a bunch of Gollums."

"Sex becomes the ring from Lord of the Rings and fundies are all a bunch of Gollums."

That is an awesome and very accurate description.

This is so perfect. Great article.

LOTR quotes keep rolling thru my head "Lost! Lost! My Precious is lost!!" ;)

Yea. I examined my life, and nothing close to it.

I'm pretty sure you could be a heroin selling drunk driver and still cause less damage than child molesting.

Is it bad that I chuckled at that comparison? I mean this situation is terrible, don't get me wrong, but I just had an image of J'chelle screaming out " My precious! " in bed.

LOTR quotes keep rolling thru my head "Lost! Lost! My Precious is lost!!" ;)

Huh. Tried to comment on rawstory and got an error message that says I'm banned. I had no idea I was such a pariah.

Would that order come from a judge?

While I don't think there's this huge cover-up, I do think Jim Bob used his political connections to his advantage, and I think he would fight his children having non-Gothard approved therapy tooth and nail.

The judge could order it and just the CPS worker. I don't work for CPS right now, but with an intervention program. CPS case managers have ordered some of my families to participate in these programs.

Archived