IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits Molestation of 5 Juveniles - Part 6

happy atheist

The mention of "The duggars know more..." were in the original May 21st post (I've attached the screenshot I just took from her public page)

post-1737-14452000320128_thumb.png

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand this 'examine your own life before you judge Josh' line of reasoning. Are they really suggesting that most of us have done something even approaching the level of molesting underage siblings, or covering up for someone who did? I mean what the hell?

Don't you know that all sins are equal in the sight of the Lord? :roll:

According to this article happy lil tantan has a cousin who lives a few doors down from the Duggars.

Make of it what you will.

christiantoday.com/article/lesbian.couple.kiss.in.front.of.duggars.front.yard.in.protest.against.familys.conservative.values/46139.htm

Oh, the irony. That sounds like a very valid reason to out the Duggar's dark history :D

dang me too I missed it, he is a bulldog when he sees something going wrong! This could get interesting. :popcorn2:

Does anyone have a link?

I tried to find it and saw this thread on Google. :lol:

Hi all, first time poster here. Thanks for letting me join.

I just heard that two of the older girls may get their own spin offs, and I just can't support that after seeing them all smiles shortly after this scandal broke out. Part of developing empathy and social responsibility requires having a sense of community that is accepting of other people and having differences, not just belonging to one community with rigid ideology. Being on television should require more than having extreme beliefs and lifestyle, even so, extreme beliefs should have disqualified them in the first place.

So no, no Duggars on tv. Not the parents, not the kids, and certainly not Josh. I have no doubt that they will continue to be able to support themselves. Love offerings will pour in from around the country, as there's plenty of people who believe this scandal is the result of them being persecuted as Christians. They'll probably continue to write books or do interviews, or something else to keep their fan-base lucrative.

And just to think I thought they were just a fundy family living a kooky lifestyle and who was I to judge? I had no idea that they were making themselves into a franchise and a political movement.

But, she's bringing up Josh's molestation after the story hit the news on the 21st. If she was posting about it in March, I'd raise an eyebrow... but I think around on the 21st, ALL of us had posted something about Josh by that point.

Anything prior to March 20th and I'll bite that she's our leak. Otherwise, she's just a kindred spirit who dislikes the Duggars as much as we do - only with a few more connections.

Before the news about the abuse broke out, maybe. But I think all anyone will see is "the girls who were victims."

No, I think the girls main need at this time is privacy.

I don't agree with a Duggar spin-off show, but as to the bolded part: That sucks. Like really sucks. I would hate for people to look at me that way as some sort of "molested victim" rather than seeing me for the person I really am. That puts ALL THE POWER in the hands of the person who committed the crime. And that makes me really sad.

Larry Wilmore talked about this tonight. Called Josh the "pink bubblegum ice cream" of the family" (referring to how not all 31 Baskin Robbins flavors are good). :laughing-rolling:

The video should be up tomorrow morning so I'll post it. I could recap it but I'm nowhere near as funny. For those of you in the States not on the East coast, worth watching or DVRing tonight!

ETA: it was also discussed during the roundtable part of the show. Really, really great discussion.

But, she's bringing up Josh's molestation after the story hit the news on the 21st. If she was posting about it in March, I'd raise an eyebrow... but I think around on the 21st, ALL of us had posted something about Josh by that point.

Anything prior to March 20th and I'll bite that she's our leak. Otherwise, she's just a kindred spirit who dislikes the Duggars as much as we do - only with a few more connections.

I agree there's no solid evidence for her being the leak. Although, she does tag In Touch magazine and specifically, the name of the person she worked with at In Touch on her Instagram, so it makes me wonder.

I agree there's no solid evidence for her being the leak. Although, she does tag In Touch magazine and specifically, the name of the person she worked with at In Touch on her Instagram, so it makes me wonder.

That's weird. It's possible she's trying to go viral again. Did she tag them prior to the 20th?

You know the Duggars have always looked for mindless err I mean like minded friends. I guess we shouldnt be too surprised when they have the same spalling views as the family. On the other hand where can I watch don lemon go off on the duggars?

I keep wondering (and maybe this deserves its own thread) but what do you think JimBob and Josh thought the response to the confessions would be?

Forgiveness from fundies (his target market) and condemnation from the world. Pretty much exactly what's happened except that I think he overestimated the forgiveness somewhat. Plenty of mainstream conservative Christians are pretty damn disgusted.

Here's her sister talking about it on May 13th:

post-1737-14452000320449_thumb.png

[attachment=0]2015-05-27 22_51_59-(14) Sherrl McFerrin Townsend.png[/attachment]

That's what I'm talking about! :dance:

Wow... snaps all around to that family. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How sweetly ironic that the robocalls got them over the edge.

I don't agree with a Duggar spin-off show, but as to the bolded part: That sucks. Like really sucks. I would hate for people to look at me that way as some sort of "molested victim" rather than seeing me for the person I really am. That puts ALL THE POWER in the hands of the person who committed the crime. And that makes me really sad.

I hoping this gets posted - being in the "prayer closet" is not fun

anyway -

I am not putting any power towards Josh - what I am saying and hopefully again this gets posted

is that we have lived with these girls in a sense with them telling us half truths from the start - we didn't know that - they knew that - now that we sort of know the real story - and they don't address it it's the elephant in the room - sure they have grown but it was always there -

I was the first one all keen and ready for Jessa's wedding and yes the molestation happened over 12 years ago - but we are just finding out - we are in day 2 of their year 12 - I don't think for a second that Jessa wants to discuss any of this -

I say let them now live their lives - maybe they are happy that it is out and they don't have to pretend anymore to do a tv show

this is the break they maybe wanted - who knows

but a special about baby seewald no thank you

I am more than fine with a blurb in people magazine when it is born

let them have their privacy - will I miss daily photo - yes - but I would rather have them be at peace - and yes that is coming from me

You are absolutely right and I think that is why people prefer to use "survivor" instead of "victim" when talking about abuse because it imposes a label on the person with which they might not identify.

I absolutely do not think they have any obligation to address this issue. And part of me would like to "check in" with their family to see how they are doing. And while it feels unfair since they didn't do anything wrong, I'm not sure they could do a TV show without addressing the issue. It just feels like its become too big but maybe things will be different in time. However, I think most people will still have trouble watching the show due to the scandal. Not because they see the girls as victims of sexual abuse but because they see them as victims of their religious upbringing as the media has exposed more about their beliefs in wake of the scandal.

I just want to address something about the Christian concept of God's forgiveness. The way my denomination teaches it, you cannot simply ask to be forgiven and viola, get forgiveness. You have to fulfill two other criteria 1. repentance, which means you have turned away from your previous behavior and chosen a different path. 2. Restitution to your victim, which of course includes apology but can also include monetary restitution. Only adter you have fulfilled these criteria can you ask for forgiveness, from both God and your victim. This American evangelical twisting of the doctrine of God's mercy is news to me as a Christian. I get to demand evidence of Josh Duggar's repentance and restitution before I make any decision on how I view him. So do his victims. Especially them. He doesn't get to slip by with a "God and I are cool". God's mercy is there, but it comes with prerequisites.

I apologize for this drawn out post on theology, but I am sick and tired of these evangelical carnival barkers misrepresenting basic tenets of the faith so they can literally get out of jail.

[attachment=0]2015-05-27 22_51_59-(14) Sherrl McFerrin Townsend.png[/attachment]

Whoa! Well played. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh please. On a website called Free Jinger you say that? Just because you are born to a crap family doesn't mean you can't leave and thrive. No chance in the real world? This board is full of people who have walked away in worse circumstances. I believe breaking duggar is going to happen, with or without cameras. With 19 kids, someone is not buying what they are selling, but it might be years away.

Breaking Duggar would be excellent TV. Explaining fundie beliefs in talking head segments is something these kids have done for years. Most fundie kids don't even have the worldly knowledge to know that these things are different from everyone else. It's only one step more to add the other half of why that's dumb or you don't do that anymore.

I'm rooting for the Duggar kids. I believe some of the Duggar kids will make it on their own, like ex-fundie kids do every day.

I didn't say that they can't do it eventually but they aren't going to do it the way most of us do. It's not like they can just get in the car and leave or look at mom and dad and go "I'm moving out". Some people act like those kids actually have the choice to leave when they want to and they don't. It's going to take time for them to get their stuff together and believe that they can do it. The girl I know who did it spent months planning and when it came time to make her move she had someone with a truck park under her bedroom window and she tossed all of her stuff out and ran. It's still hard on her today and that was 5 years ago. She misses her siblings terribly and she only has a few. So yes on a board called Free Jinger it pisses me off for someone to think those kids have any free will whatsoever.

Most excellent digging! :clap: Well, there you go. Their hate bit them in the arse.

#3 cannot happen because of #1. They are brainwashed and have no independent opinions are thoughts. They are not individuals. They are the Duggar 19 and counting. Without their parents telling them what to think and say, they are nothing. This is what happens when you so limit and control your children; treat 5 yos the same as 25 yos.

Yeah I get that. I don't want any deprogramming therapy shown on TV, therapy shouldn't be shown in any form in my opinion. Let's face it Jana and JD have 25 years of brainwashing to undo and that's not going to happen between now and the next season. But it's the only way I can see the show ever working but that'll be a year away at least. Someone would have already had to be planning their exit before this went down.

Papparazzi didn't say anything specific or nasty, just asked if he had any comment. If I saw him, I would say a lot worse, no matter who was around. I have a feeling he brings out a lot of thoughts from others now. Paps is the least of his problems when he goes in public.

I would NEVER ask in front of the kids. NEVER! That is despicable. I wanted to slap the paparazzi for their ruthless pursuit of their cash cow story at the expense of innocent children. I know, I know. In the case of Josh, it's a "Touche!" of sorts. But in the case of three innocent children, it's just pathetic to approach him.

That's what I'm talking about! :dance:

Wow... snaps all around to that family. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How sweetly ironic that the robocalls got them over the edge.

:popcorn2: this is getting SO GOOD!

I just want to address something about the Christian concept of God's forgiveness. The way my denomination teaches it, you cannot simply ask to be forgiven and viola, get forgiveness. You have to fulfill two other criteria 1. repentance, which means you have turned away from your previous behavior and chosen a different path. 2. Restitution to your victim, which of course includes apology but can also include monetary restitution. Only adter you have fulfilled these criteria can you ask for forgiveness, from both God and your victim. This American evangelical twisting of the doctrine of God's mercy is news to me as a Christian. I get to demand evidence of Josh Duggar's repentance and restitution before I make any decision on how I view him. So do his victims. Especially them. He doesn't get to slip by with a "God and I are cool". God's mercy is there, but it comes with prerequisites.

I apologize for this drawn out post on theology, but I am sick and tired of these evangelical carnival barkers misrepresenting basic tenets of the faith so they can literally get out of jail.

I agree with you on all points except the one where you accuse evangelicals of twisting the doctrine of mercy. Josh Duggar's parents twisted it, not all evangelical Christians. I hope you know the difference.

Archived