IGNORED

Things the Maxwells or any fundie will never get to do

SPHASH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was said but I want to add

Play or watch any type of sport. (Maybe not for the rest of Fundies but deffently for the Maxwell's).

(Erika Shupe, notwithstanding)--enjoy a cute, short hairstyle. Wear jeans and T-shirts without a tank top underneath. Go on a solo trip just to get away from it all. Sing/listen to contemporary Christian music. Study from a Bible translation other than KJV. Work hard for a living.

Not depend on other people's money. (JILL RODRIGUES...I'm looking at you!)

Have private phone/text/e-mail conversations. Not stick out like a sore thumb for obnoxious reasons.

Edited to add:

Have a bad day, be upset, not smile, and admit that life is really tough sometimes and sometimes you feel like you just can't stand the people closest to you.

They cant wear the skimpiest outfits that exist in really hot weather, they have to stay covered up.

Be alone.

Seriously. I am alone at least 2-3 hours daily, usually more; 2 is the bare minimum I need to survive. If I had to live every minute in the presence of someone else, they would have locked me up and thrown away the key a LONG time ago, either in a psych hospital or prison because I had committed homicide.

Seriously. I am alone at least 2-3 hours daily, usually more; 2 is the bare minimum I need to survive. If I had to live every minute in the presence of someone else, they would have locked me up and thrown away the key a LONG time ago, either in a psych hospital or prison because I had committed homicide.

Say the truth! I never got to live on my own till I was 47. I know many middle-aged divorcees who hate it, but it's so liberating for me. On any given non-work day, I can choose to do what twin2 mentioned above: vedge in PJs, go online, go shopping for whatever. 100% of the vote FTW!

Poop with the bathroom door open.

:? I'm not a fundie and I wouldn't do this. :?

:? I'm not a fundie and I wouldn't do this. :?

If you are home alone, why not? Try it sometime!

Just to derail the thread a bit, there's a new post on the Maxwell blog called "Abounding Joy".... anyone else see the irony here? I thought "joy" and "having fun" didn't exist in Maxhell...

Just to derail the thread a bit, there's a new post on the Maxwell blog called "Abounding Joy".... anyone else see the irony here? I thought "joy" and "having fun" didn't exist in Maxhell...

I'm guessing "joy" is different...less "fun", more Steve approved. I love my nieces and nephews too but do the Maxwell young ladies do anything besides Auntie's playtime?

Practice yoga (Namaste is for heathens)

Buy anything at Forever 21

Visit the "family planning" aisle in any drug store

Develop their resting bitch face

Have a mutually enjoyable sex life

Cook food anybody would actually want to eat

Practice yoga (Namaste is for heathens)

Buy anything at Forever 21

Visit the "family planning" aisle in any drug store

Develop their resting bitch face

Have a mutually enjoyable sex life

Cook food anybody would actually want to eat

Haven't Jessa and other female Duggars already pretty much perfected theirs? :lol:

Tattoos

Piercings and Gauges

Jello Shots

Smoke Weed

Get the Munchies

Run to Taco Bell, White Castle, Jack-in-the-Box in the middle of the night

Listen to Dark Side of the Moon while watching Wizard of Oz

Play a slot machine

Lose at blackjack

Or strip poker

Play spin the bottle

Have a tailgate before a football game

Go to Happy Hour for dinner

See the Rocky Horror midnight showing

Check out the booths in the Sex Shop

Learn what a Glory Hole is for

TP a teacher's yard

Run from the cops through backyards in the dark

Fail Chemistry Twice

Get Detention

Okay, some of these might not be altogether positive, but they are part of the fabric of life. Experiences to remember fondly when older.

Curse.

Or say "crap," at the very least.

"Shoot!" and "Gosh darn!" might REALLY be pushing it.

:wtf: = "Why the frown?" in Fundie-speak.

Curse.

I sometimes wonder if the overuse of "precious" and "sweet" may be variations of "Bless his heart".

As in "Look, i'm in my mid 30s and learning to arrange flowers with my whole damn precious family. The teacher thought it would be something the little girls would like, so isn't it effing awesome sweet that I'm here, yet again, doing some bullshit precious craft that is aimed at a 5 year old a wonderful time of fellowship for the whole family.

Haven't Jessa and other female Duggars already pretty much perfected theirs? :lol:

Touché. I was actually thinking of keeping sweet and drawing focus to their countenance. Or whatever such nonsense

Get a job doing something they love, and make their own money.

It's a shame and a waste that perfectly healthy adults are doing nothing to contribute to the world because they aren't married and don't have kids. Just ridiculous. They aren't trying to make the world a better place at all. And how would you ever meet someone sitting at home arranging flowers with your nieces? :angry-banghead: Makes no sense.

It's a shame and a waste that perfectly healthy adults are doing nothing to contribute to the world because they aren't married and don't have kids. Just ridiculous. They aren't trying to make the world a better place at all. And how would you ever meet someone sitting at home arranging flowers with your nieces? :angry-banghead: Makes no sense.

I'm not even sure how much they know about the world. They certainly haven't seen much of it. When they travel within the US they don't really interact with people outside of the Church's they visit. They eat at franchise restaurants (usually). An Olive Garden in South Indiana will be the same as the Olive Garden in Kansas. The Costco in Denver won't be much different than the Costco back home. They hike and hang out with each other. They aren't volunteering at soup kitchens or learning about regional differences or anything. They don't care about the people they meet. They aren't interacting with people outside of their income or religion. It's pathetic. And the worst is that they have no interest in learning about anything other than Jesus.

Reading something that truly turns your perception upside down. Letting yourself get carried away by the pure joy of insight and understanding, pulling more books off the library shelf with abandon, talking excitedly to your friends over a beer about how you've just hit on this new theory about history or politics or outer space. Being listened to and debated instead of just told that you're wrong.

I don't think that they'll NEVER experience that-- those moments can hit someone at any time, and in fact that's how a lot of people deconvert. But I hope that when it comes, they won't just try to push it out of their minds.

Travel from city to city following their favorite singers/groups.

Sing (probably badly) at the top of their lungs in the shower.

Call up and order pizza delivery without getting the head of household's approval first.

Trick-or-treat.

Sit in front of the TV for hours binge-watching horror movies or anything else (nonreligious) on Netflix, Hulu, or DVD.

Have a pillow fight.

Realize that if something goes wrong, it isn't "God" punishing you.

Archived