IGNORED

I'd rather starve than eat.........

Blahblah

I'd rather die than eat anything I'm allergic to since dying of starvation would give me more time to figure out how to live.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of preferring to die than to eat safe-to-eat foods since that shows our first-world privilege that we can joke about preferring death over mushrooms (one of my least favorites, but I'd eat it to live) and throw out soup for the isn of being more than 2 hours old.

You win the Robin Scherbatsky LITERALLY award.

Yes, I am pretty sure we are all aware that this is

a first-world privilege topic. Now please take your little Debbie Downer routine off to one of the Duggar topics. Thank you!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomatoes. Now I can do tomato sauces and what not but never straight up tomatoes.

Yes, I am pretty sure we are all aware that this is

a first-world privilege topic. Now please take your little Debbie Downer routine off to one of the Duggar topics. Thank you!

Thank you dpndetfarm! Couldn't have said it better myself! Jeez DGayle would you like me to put a disclaimer in the title: "flippant thread alert" or something?

:lol:

Tossing out soup ( SORRY LOUISA05, your homemade soups are for sure great I assume, but I am afraid I would have to stick to the squirrels) is a first world privilege - I am fully aware of that!

Still, my zuccini soup won´t feed hungry people in drough-ridden Pakistan.

Also, I usually just don´t eat it anywhere else and I am captable of measuring ingredients and seldomly toss out even medium quantities of still-in-the-pot soup.

I like threads like this one. After Burrisgate, we need to unvent with simple things like discussing our quirks. :popcorn2:

Tomatoes. Now I can do tomato sauces and what not but never straight up tomatoes.

I have a weird sensitivity to tomatoes. I don't think it rises to the level of an allergy, but when they so much as touch my skin, I get a really painful rash. When I eat them, I have the worst indigestion. Which sucks because I also just so happen to love tomato anything. I cut them out of my life as a matter of necessity.

I must be weird. Or quite an eater, because I can think of nothing I wouldn't eat if I were hungry enough. What does that make me? There are a few things I don't really *like* but I would definitely eat if it had been a day or so. I love food! I really like a lot of what's listed here as what people hate. :animals-pig:

I freaking love raw fish and raw oysters!

For me, the foods I gag on are

Peanut butter

Bananas

and for some reason I can't take cold cereal.

Ha! I just realized that the correct term for what we call "cornflakes" over here is indeed "cereal" in english! :lol:

Cereal, I hate any cereal. Especially that one with the irish gremlin on the box, which looks (and smells) like dog food with pieces of coloured chalk mixed in it

A former co-worker always ate these for morning break. He made a big deal out of it and bought them in bulk online on amazon. :cray-cray:

Ha! I just realized that the correct term for what we call "cornflakes" over here is indeed "cereal" in english! :lol:

Cereal, I hate any cereal. Especially that one with the irish gremlin on the box, which looks (and smells) like dog food with pieces of coloured chalk mixed in it

A former co-worker always ate these for morning break. He made a big deal out of it and bought them in bulk online on amazon. :cray-cray:

Lucky Charms?

YUCK. Freeze dried marshmellow chalk mixed with tasteless bits of harder chalk.

Just noticed you're from Austria. I've been to Austria many times (although it was a lifetime ago) and like Austria very much.

I must be weird. Or quite an eater, because I can think of nothing I wouldn't eat if I were hungry enough. What does that make me? There are a few things I don't really *like* but I would definitely eat if it had been a day or so. I love food! I really like a lot of what's listed here as what people hate. :animals-pig:

Me too. I had to really think to find something I wouldn't eat. Durian might taste like unicorns and candy, but it's probably the one thing I won't ever be able to try.

Lucky Charms?

YUCK. Freeze dried marshmellow chalk mixed with tasteless bits of harder chalk.

Yes, Lucky Charms it was! :D *shudder*

Just noticed you're from Austria. I've been to Austria many times (although it was a lifetime ago) and like Austria very much.

Oh, that is nice to hear! :) And I hope you didn´t have to starve here...! :lol:

Oh, that is nice to hear! :) And I hope you didn´t have to starve here...! :lol:

Not at all, the food in Austria was really good. To be honest, when I was there, i was living in Switzerland, and before that i was in France for a few years, so the food in Austria wasn't anything I wasn't used to. I'd like to go back soon, but life keeps getting in the way.

Ah, did you make a tour in Austria? We live in Lower Austria (Mr. Nym is from Salzburg).

Canada is on our to-go-map too, but, yeah, the same thing... life´s moving on so fast^^.

You have that one speciality... Poutine. I want to try that sooo badly once, definitely not a "rather starve" food! :lol:

Eggplant and cabbage in any form. I would not make it in a country with bad winters and only root vegetables.

Chocolate donuts. Seriously- even though I like chocolate and I like donuts I was violently ill after eating one as a kid and to this day I get ill even if I get a whiff of one.

Peanut butter. I can tolerate peanuts in small doses but peanut butter turns my stomach.

I freaking love raw fish and raw oysters!

For me, the foods I gag on are

Peanut butter

Bananas

and for some reason I can't take cold cereal.

No raw fish or fish roe and that includes caviar :ew: for me, but the last 3 - yes! No love of PB. Bananas are slimy and smell awful. Cold cereal = cardboard. I thought I was alone.

Also offal. Any offal.

Cilantro - tastes like soap.

Finally, fennel, celery and carrots. Food intolerance. You don't want to feed me those and have me upchucking and worse for a few hours. I like fennel and carrots. :cry:

Otherwise, I'll try most things once. Except crocodile. I've refused that.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see that I'm not the only one who hated peanut butter. I'VE COME HOME TO MY PEOPLE!

When I was a kid just the smell of peanut butter made me cry. And when faced with peanut butter or nothing, nothing won every time. I missed many a lunch at summer camp.

I'll add jellyfish to my list. I once ate it without knowing what it was and it was truly the most disgusting thing ever.

Coconut

Liver

Octopus/Squid (anything chewy that resembles a bathmat suction cup)

Beets

Cooked peas

Lima beans

Gummy/sticky candies (jujubes, gummy bears, etc.)

Cilantro for me too! I read that certain people don't have the taster buds for cilantro and I see a few of those folks here!

Fried liver

Vienna sausage ( never passed my lips but have you ever opened them? They are canned in slime!) as well as potted meat spread.

Buttered popcorn jelly beans! The worst thing ever ! Why? These little suckers ruined a whole bag of jelly bellies for me.

No raw fish or fish roe and that includes caviar :ew: for me, but the last 3 - yes! No love of PB. Bananas are slimy and smell awful. Cold cereal = cardboard. I thought I was alone.

Also offal. Any offal.

Cilantro - tastes like soap.

Finally, fennel, celery and carrots. Food intolerance. You don't want to feed me those and have me upchucking and worse for a few hours. I like fennel and carrots. :cry:

Otherwise, I'll try most things once. Except crocodile. I've refused that.

Oh! Caviar. *shudder* Offal? *barfs* I have 2 foods now!

Balut

I can't even listen to my friends talk about it without gagging

Archived