IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

Pickles FB page is reporting that the Siloam Springs house was sold to the Duggars' lawyer friend Travis Story, probably to protect it from lawsuits. Screen-caps up on the Pickles FB page.

That is basically a duplication of the research I shared here yesterday. Nice work, Pickles (and Pickles follower, Gwen). I love how you hate Free Jinger, but use us for material. I will say you are interpreting that data incorrectly, imo. :nenner:

Since Sophrosyne shared her source for county records wrt the Dowell house, I think I'll look up the Siloam Springs house over there and see what's what.

By the way, I checked out Travis Story's facebook, and I'm thinking he's the man Josh wishes he was. Smarmy christian lawyer with real estate and media side projects. Classy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it means they are expecting something.....but what?

I'm placing my bet on...white collar crime.

My top three picks of what white collar crime it is are:

Fraud

Tax Evasion

Embezzlement

That is basically a duplication of the research I shared here yesterday. Nice work, Pickles (and Pickles follower, Gwen). I love how you hate Free Jinger, but use us for material. I will say you are interpreting that data incorrectly, imo. :nenner:

Since Sophrosyne shared her source for county records wrt the Dowell house, I think I'll look up the Siloam Springs house over there and see what's what.

By the way, I checked out Travis Story's facebook, and I'm thinking he's the man Josh wishes he was. Smarmy christian lawyer with real estate and media side projects. Classy.

So sorry, halcionne, that I pointed us to Pickles when all she'd done was appropriate your research! I didn't read your screen caps upthread, because I thought I'd already come across it and read it in my own research, but I was wrong--yours was far more than I'd seen.

Did anyone notice in studying halcionne's screen-caps of the Siloam Springs transactions that Josh appears to have bought the Siloam Springs house with, gasp!, a MORTGAGE!?? (And Fannie Mae, no less.) I guess Josh didn't buy into the Jim Sammons Financial Freedom Seminar/JB Duggar no-debt pledge.

And Bingo on your take that Travis Story is the man Josh wants to be. Given that Travis is sheltering the Siloam Springs house, I wonder if and how Travis will further figure in Josh's reemergence.

White collar crime is what I thought was going to bring the Duggars down before the molestation scandal hit. In fact, in the weeks preceding it, I had an inkling that the Duggars were about to crash and burn (I don't have psychic abilities, but they seemed to have hit their peak, they had become very popular and kept getting mainstream coverage, so I knew their shiny facade couldn't last much longer). But I thought it would be something financial.

I will be really interested to see if they say something about noticing he has "really" changed, or he is a "changed" man, since they already used that line on us all before with the molestation thing, and yet he clearly wasn't very changed.

White collar crime is what I thought was going to bring the Duggars down before the molestation scandal hit. In fact, in the weeks preceding it, I had an inkling that the Duggars were about to crash and burn (I don't have psychic abilities, but they seemed to have hit their peak, they had become very popular and kept getting mainstream coverage, so I knew their shiny facade couldn't last much longer). But I thought it would be something financial.

I'm the same. I really do believe that if you're all tooth-achingly wholesome whenever you appear on TV and build your image on that wholesomeness, you are hiding something deeply, deeply fucked up. My money was on JB being the perv, though. But I don't doubt that the next scandal will either be the next "Josh Duggar had sex with me and he was a creepy rough weirdo" coming from a dude or an underage girl (or an underage dude), or JB getting busted for something shady in his financial dealings.

My birthday is on Thursday!! Happy birthday Lovely Luna and VeryNikeSeamstress!! :)

Happy birthday guys!!!! have a dance for me VeryNikeSeamstress! :banana-linedance:

All of this musical chairs with houses to people not even in their family is so WEIRD. To a family Lwyer no less.... :snooty:

Pickles FB page Some internet page is reporting that the Siloam Springs house was sold to the Duggars' lawyer friend Travis Story, probably to protect it from lawsuits.

I find this odd. They didn't need to sell it to an attorney friend to protect from civil judgments. Transferring it to the Duggar LLC would have been sufficient. Or putting it solely in Anna's name.

Do we know what the $$$ transaction was?

So as far as we know, right now Anna has no claim to any real property in the event she divorces Smuggar?

That is the frightening thing to me. If Anna divorces Josh right now I'm guessing there is no property, no savings, no pension, and no other assets. Any money they realized on the Siloam Springs House will have gone to pay for Rehab and Anna's present day upkeep ($65,000 sell price minus $50,000 purchase price.) Anna may or may not want a divorce but JB is ready for her. I wouldn't put it past him to point out how destitute she would be if she started proceedings but if she stays married, he (JB) will make sure she and the kids are all right.

That is the frightening thing to me. If Anna divorces Josh right now I'm guessing there is no property, no savings, no pension, and no other assets. Any money they realized on the Siloam Springs House will have gone to pay for Rehab and Anna's present day upkeep ($65,000 sell price minus $50,000 purchase price.) Anna may or may not want a divorce but JB is ready for her. I wouldn't put it past him to point out how destitute she would be if she started proceedings but if she stays married, he (JB) will make sure she and the kids are all right.

I agree, I see him (JB)doing this to trap Anna financially. This is financial abuse. What a despicable piece of shit.

If this is the case, now is a very good time for Anna to consider a tell-all book. I don't think she realistically would because she risks alienating too many people who she probably still wants in her life, but damn. This is awful on JB's part, if that's what he's trying to do.

I agree, I see him (JB)doing this to trap Anna financially. This is financial abuse. What a despicable piece of shit.

Do you think she realizes what is actually going on?

So sorry, halcionne, that I pointed us to Pickles when all she'd done was appropriate your research! I didn't read your screen caps upthread, because I thought I'd already come across it and read it in my own research, but I was wrong--yours was far more than I'd seen.

Did anyone notice in studying halcionne's screen-caps of the Siloam Springs transactions that Josh appears to have bought the Siloam Springs house with, gasp!, a MORTGAGE!?? (And Fannie Mae, no less.) I guess Josh didn't buy into the Jim Sammons Financial Freedom Seminar/JB Duggar no-debt pledge.

And Bingo on your take that Travis Story is the man Josh wants to be. Given that Travis is sheltering the Siloam Springs house, I wonder if and how Travis will further figure in Josh's reemergence.

Eh, I think out loud on FJ because I want other people's hypotheses and feedback. There's always the chance that somebody will pick up what we're talking about and report on it. It gets weird when it comes full circle and serves as a reminder about how masturbatory DIY journalism is these days. And, as always, fuck Pickles. Give proper credit, asshole. Saying "thanks Gwen" is insufficient.

I found the deed on the Siloam Springs house, but it costs $1.50 and I can't afford it. :embarrassed:

I know someone who has used Christian Mingle and Plenty of Fish. ... a bunch of others have been virginity hunters (she listed on her profile that she was a virgin, and not surprisingly, it brought a bunch of creepers out of the woodworks. Girl. What are you doing? STAHP.) But yeah, several of these men flat-out admitted that they liked the idea of her being "untouched." :ew: :oops:

It is hard to imagine a human being naive enough to put that on an online dating profile and not expect a million creepers immediately.

Also, I expect "Virginity Hunters" will be a new show on TLC any day now.

It is hard to imagine a human being naive enough to put that on an online dating profile and not expect a million creepers immediately.

Also, I expect "Virginity Hunters" will be a new show on TLC any day now.

I'm imagining an Antiques Roadshow type show where the "hunters" bring in the virgins to be appraised. :evil-eye:

Do you think she realizes what is actually going on?

If Josh kept her off the mortgage siting lack of credit on her part, or simply that she didn't need to be (she's a woman), then JB can easily do all the horse trading without her being the wiser. There's nothing for her to sign. Josh is away at camp and she's been with family...whether she was in Florida or simply staying in Arkansas not at the TTH--by the time she is aware of what's going on, it's too late for her to contest anything. She may not even know she has community property rights...or at least not understand what it all specifically entails. JB could even tell her that the house is being rented for the time being and not to worry her pretty head about it. He, being the head of the family, will take care of allll the details so she can focus on repairing her Godly union. :?

If Josh kept her off the mortgage siting lack of credit on her part, or simply that she didn't need to be (she's a woman), then JB can easily do all the horse trading without her being the wiser. There's nothing for her to sign. Josh is away at camp and she's been with family...whether she was in Florida or simply staying in Arkansas not at the TTH--by the time she is aware of what's going on, it's too late for her to contest anything. She may not even know she has community property rights...or at least not understand what it all specifically entails. JB could even tell her that the house is being rented for the time being and not to worry her pretty head about it. He, being the head of the family, will take care of allll the details so she can focus on repairing her Godly union. :?

The only flaw I see with that is that most -- if not all -- places actually strongly recommend that both spouses be on the property deed in the event of one spouse's death. One spouse can be on the mortgage, but most places request (require?) you to initially both be on the deed.

(As a horribly off-topic side note -- I just now perused the list of User Titles. I feel like it is a complete guide to all things FJ. And I have been sucked down the effing sick rabbit hole known as Ms. Graveyard Dirt aka Naked Roast Sitter.... *shudders*)

Here in La. when my husband did our mortgage...he was the only one on both. When he left me I didn't have a dog in the fight when it came to our house (which ended up being a good thing)

I know different states have different rules/laws regarding that stuff though.

Even if Josh took the mortgage out on his own, Anna's name was on the deed.

In reconcilliation of my ignorance...I'm just gonna leave this riiiight here (I meant to post it when I first caught it the other day) Skip to about 1:40 to get the good stuff.

https://youtu.be/qHl3nsXCqi4

*sneak sneak sneak*

:dance: :dance: :cracking-up:

edited for clarity

IIRC, the deed of sale was in both of their names (wasn't it posted on FR)?

I saw the public record. Definitely in both of their names.

What I'm amazed is how fast it all went down. In July, Davy Waller posted pictures of him and the Keller boys helping Josh fix the place up, so it seemed Josh and Anna were planning to make it their long term home.

The Ashley Madison story broke on 8/19. Within 5 days the house is in the hands of an attorney friend who apparently is a friend of Josh's. He buys it as "ALB Investments", an LLC that seems to have been formed on the same day the house was sold.

Why so fast? Maybe this was all planned earlier, to protect Josh's assets out of fear that Victim 5 (from the old scandal) might come forward and sue. But why then not sell it to the Duggar LLC? Or put it in a trust?

If it's related to the Ashley Madison scandal, what would be the point? What civil damages would be associated with cheating on your wife with or without prostitutes? Are we missing something and is there more to come?

And was Anna conned into signing away her rights to the house or did she agree willingly? If if she agreed willingly, what was in it for her?

As always, lots of questions with these tricky, slippery people.

If it's related to the Ashley Madison scandal, what would be the point? What civil damages would be associated with cheating on your wife with or without prostitutes?

Child support? And by that I don't mean another M kid.

In reconcilliation of my ignorance...I'm just gonna leave this riiiight here (I meant to post it when I first caught it the other day) Skip to about 1:40 to get the good stuff.

https://youtu.be/qHl3nsXCqi4

*sneak sneak sneak*

:dance: :dance: :cracking-up:

edited for clarity

This was great. Except for the whole Miley part but the other parts were spot on. I know, I know.....the "I don't like that girl" gets thrown around a lot but, damn, I really can't stand her.

I agree, I thought JB was going to have the first scandal, white collar/financial until J&A moved to DC. Then I moved onto thinking Josh's freedom in DC would bring on something similar to what happened with the Ashley Madison accounts. I would love to know what his work found on the "work" computer.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived