IGNORED

Joshley Madison Pt 8: Are We Still Talking About This?

happy atheist

If I remember right from a picture in another thread, JD looks like he is sitting in front of the recessed nook where there is another bed. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right -- just watched the video tour of the boys' room and I had forgotten about the nook. Also -- how crazy unsafe is that slide hidden under one of the beds???

Wait a minute....There's 10 boys in that family & 9 girls. There's 10 in that picture but no Josh.Where is Josiah & the twins? How old can that pic be?

Josh is there, sitting on the bed with the white sheet, but there is some speculation that he actually had his own room. Not really sure whether I believe that. There are ten beds, but who knows.

I always thought it looked like John-David was sitting on a stool in that picture and didn't have a bed behind him. If so, then maybe Josh is sitting on JD's bed and Josh really did live in the little attached room.

You're right. It looks like a stool. And now I feel like I remember this being discussed before. Definitely seems to add more weight to the idea.

Didn't see the other posts about the nook before I pressed 'post'. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE. :pb_lol:

Wait a minute....There's 10 boys in that family & 9 girls. There's 10 in that picture but no Josh.Where is Josiah & the twins? How old can that pic be?

Josh is there, sitting on the bed with the white sheet, but there is some speculation that he actually had his own room. Not really sure whether I believe that. There are ten beds, but who knows.

I always thought it looked like John-David was sitting on a stool in that picture and didn't have a bed behind him. If so, then maybe Josh is sitting on JD's bed and Josh really did live in the little attached room.

You're right. It looks like a stool. And now I feel like I remember this being discussed before. Definitely seems to add more weight to the idea.

Didn't see the other posts about the nook before I pressed 'post'. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE. :pb_lol:

I know, Duggar-watching is like being in the Twilight Zone...

That is a very depressing room in general. No books. No toys. No nothing. Except boys. I have never understood and probably never will why they couldn't put more bedrooms into a house that large. I know they wanted the children together, but even with two bedrooms for each that is still a fairly large crowd to have in a bedroom. Talk about no privacy or anything. Nothing at all to show any personality of anyone in that room.

Exactly, they're not allowed to have privacy. Especially the boys. The girls, eh, we all know girls aren't sexual so it's not like they're going to masturbate or anything (hint hint, major sarcasm). But boys are hormonal sex-obsessed deviants, so they must not be allowed ANY privacy. The girls, on the other hand, are potential victims of the sexual predator adolescent brothers, so they must be kept grouped together under close watch. Sounds like a really healthy environment that will produce well-adjusted young adults, doesn't it?

When I was watching the special where they were talking about the house I could not have yelled "bullshit" any louder than when they said the boys all "decided together" that they wanted to live in one room and the girls all "decided together" that they wanted to live in one room.

They moved from a super tiny house that was busting at the seams to hold them to this huge house that could have been built in any way they wanted. No WAY did all eleventy billion kids decide together that they wanted just one bedroom for boys and one for girls. Ain't no way. 

I mean sure, you can make the argument that they were used to all sleeping close to each other and didn't want to be apart because of nightmares or chat time at night, but didn't Jana, Jessa, Jill, JD, and Josh long to have a space that they could make their own?

They sleep those kids like berthing on a submarine.

I fully believe all the girls wanted to share a room. If you'd been victimized by your own brother in your sleep, and had then been conditioned by your parents to believe that boys naturally prey on their own sisters and that safeguards must be put in place to stop them, you probably wouldn't want your own room.

When I was watching the special where they were talking about the house I could not have yelled "bullshit" any louder than when they said the boys all "decided together" that they wanted to live in one room and the girls all "decided together" that they wanted to live in one room.

They moved from a super tiny house that was busting at the seams to hold them to this huge house that could have been built in any way they wanted. No WAY did all eleventy billion kids decide together that they wanted just one bedroom for boys and one for girls. Ain't no way. 

I mean sure, you can make the argument that they were used to all sleeping close to each other and didn't want to be apart because of nightmares or chat time at night, but didn't Jana, Jessa, Jill, JD, and Josh long to have a space that they could make their own?

In hindsight, if I was Jana/Jill at the time those decisions were being made with what was going on in that house at night.  I would absolutely have wanted to share a room with my little sisters.  I would have wanted to be between them and the door, and I would have slept in that poor sleep way, so that I would wake up should the door open.  The idea of two or three of the littlest ones sleeping in a different room, with a child predator in the house would have been terrifying.

When I first saw the footage, I agreed with you.  Either the girls were incredibly well rehearsed in expected answers or they were impressively brainwashed.  Now, I think that while the Duggar parents encouraged it and were glad of it, it is entirely plausible that they genuinely wanted to sleep together.  Its also possible that older girls still do want to sleep in the same room as their little sisters, just in case.

I accept that they have no choice in the matter now (and probably did), but I think that there are reasons why they may not object to it. 

And it wouldn't have worked for the girls to have a room for the older ones, with the little girls in another room, since they were sister-mums and were the ones getting up in the night to them.  Plus, the older girls would probably have felt the little ones would be vulnerable in their own room.  Although, the bedroom doors were apparently locked, so theoretically they were safe.  

I just cannot get over locking bedroom doors.  What if there was a fire?

And it wouldn't have worked for the girls to have a room for the older ones, with the little girls in another room, since they were sister-mums and were the ones getting up in the night to them.  Plus, the older girls would probably have felt the little ones would be vulnerable in their own room.  Although, the bedroom doors were apparently locked, so theoretically they were safe.  

I just cannot get over locking bedroom doors.  What if there was a fire?

Jesus wouldn't let that happen, obviously

at least they don't have to hot rack. Son is on a submarine.

My husband is a submariner. Hot racking is beyond disgusting. 

This article makes a good point about the fundamentally screwed Duggar view of marriage. It was written in response to Michelle's blog, but since it is about the AM scandal I think I should post it here. 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2015/october/your-husbands-infidelity-is-not-your-fault.html

Thanks for the link.  It is a very sensible discussion of the issue. I wish one could send it to Anna and that she would think about it.

This article makes a good point about the fundamentally screwed Duggar view of marriage. It was written in response to Michelle's blog, but since it is about the AM scandal I think I should post it here. 

http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2015/october/your-husbands-infidelity-is-not-your-fault.html

Thanks for the link.  It is a very sensible discussion of the issue. I wish one could send it to Anna and that she would think about it.

or her in-laws. I think what was written about an apology of Michelle was a good point.

or her in-laws. I think what was written about an apology of Michelle was a good point.

Yes, but I have very little hope that Michelle will ever see herself as wrong, while it might help Anna to know that she is not at fault. (Actually, another person that should get a copy is the pastor who gave that sermon.)

My husband is a submariner. Hot racking is beyond disgusting. 

My husband is also on submarines!

And you guys are right about the girls. I forgot (how could I have forgotten?!) about what Josh did and they probably totally wanted to keep themselves and their younger sisters safe.

If there was anything I would ever want filmed for TLC, it would be JB confronting Josh about all the crap he did.

The boys room has been redone with giant wooden bunk beds.  I have a sneaking suspicion they were crafted by Paul-Bunyan Clark Wilson before he got cancer :my_cry: but of course, that's just speculation.

This screen shot is from the episode "All About Jessa"

Also, they were forced to get shades by the film crew for better lighting, they talk about it in an oooold episode.

BjsTlNp.png?1

So now they have boys just sleeping on the floor on mattresses? Plastic covered mattresses at that? What a depressing forlorn looking room. Good grief how can this be ok?

Why is there a mattress covered in plastic on the floor??

I'm gonna wager that they are new mattresses fresh from Sam's Club. Guess they don't buy EVERYTHING used afterall...

Before I got to the bottom of the comments here I was going to say why is JD sitting on a stool? Does he not have a bed? Perhaps Josh did live in the little room. 

The boys room is super depressing.  That's how I was raised- never having your own possessions.  Even our clothes and shoes were considered "family property" and passed around.  When I finally flew the coop and moved off to college, everything I owned fit into one Rubbermaid tub.  My roommate had to think I was from a different planet.  This is still how a lot of my nieces and nephews live and it breaks my heart.  

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived