IGNORED

Ohio's newly-propsed abortion law

FlamingFundie

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Chriiiiiiiiiiiist. What a fucked up situation. The religious right has waaaaayyyyyyyy too much power. Makes me glad I live in a country where religion barely plays a part in law making. 

Can I immigrate to your country?

20 hours ago, boston2495 said:

Your grandfather was awesome. 

5 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

Many blessings upon him. If he is still around (not sure how to say that delicately!) it's worth asking him how this was done. We might have to use the lessons of the past soon.

Unfortunately he passed away many years ago. I wish he was still around and that I could have gotten to know him better. I could as my dad and grandmother what they know about what he did.

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Black Aliss said:

Not necessarily. According to accounts from various fundies there have been cases where an ectopic pregnancy has miraculously moved into the uterus. Exactly how that would work I don't know because I thought the very definition of ectopic pregnancy is that the embryo has attached itself to a location outside of the uterus. In any case if it turns out to be God's will that you die, then you die.

It's a miracle right?

This affects miscarriages too. Meanwhile kids in foster care are begging for a family but will never get one. There's born kids going to bed hungry. The fetus isn't a person. The fetus should be the least of everyone's concerns. 

But apparently choosing life and controlling women are much more important. 

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 11:53 AM, formergothardite said:

It isn't medically sound and there is nothing more to know than that the pro-life movement lies constantly to push their anti-woman agenda. I was involved for years with pro-life groups and it was quite a shock to discover how many blatant lies I had been told and believed. Pretty much everything I knew about abortion was wrong. 

If you have to lie to support your argument then you don't have an argument. 

Happy to see that Yahoo is reporting that Kasich didn't sign the bill. He didn't want to saddle Ohio with the high legal costs, for a lawsuit that other states have lost. It sounds like the ban will be at 20 weeks. Still bad, but not as bad as the legislature wanted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-governor-gets-20-week-abortion-ban-heartbeat-184524366.html

15 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

Good for your friend!

Well, Kasich did sign the 20 week bill, with no exceptions for rape or incest. Sigh.

This article popped up when I checked out the article you linked. What a douchemonkey.

On Tuesday, Ohio lawmakers approved a bill that would ban abortion at six weeks, or when a fetus’s heartbeat became audible. The so-called “heartbeat bill” is one of the strictest in the nation and has the potential to prevent women from getting abortions before they even know they’re pregnant, and it makes no exception for cases of rape or incest.

Republican Representative Jim Buchy was a strong proponent for the bill, which he said would “encourage personal responsibility.” “What we have here is really the need to give people the incentive to be more responsible so we reduce unwanted pregnancies, and by the way, the vast majority of abortions are performed on women who were not raped,” he told Ohio Public Radio.

Buchy is a longtime proponent of restricting women’s access to abortion — in 2012, he told Al Jazeera that his ultimate goal is to ban abortion completely in the State of Ohio. Then, the reporter asked him an interesting question: “What do you think makes a woman want to have an abortion?”

He pauses. Then he says, “Well, there’s probably a lot of reas— I’m not a woman.” He laughs. “I’m thinking now if I’m a woman why would I want to get … Some of it has to do with economics. A lot of it has to do with economics. I don’t know. It’s a question I’ve never even thought about.”

Yeah, asshole, it's something to laugh at, when YOU don't have to worry about YOUR body or your life or your future.

That's what gives me a headache. It's just to control women's bodies and nothing more. So many men are like eh it doesn't affect me but I have to save all the babies even though that there's the chance that women may not be able to avoid care and have to be on assistance that we are also trying to remove.

It's a never ending cycle.

It's like when I hear about a guy  trying to stop his (ex-)girlfriend's abortion, I always wonder if he'd still be around if she decided to have the baby.

22 hours ago, smittykins said:

It's like when I hear about a guy  trying to stop his (ex-)girlfriend's abortion, I always wonder if he'd still be around if she decided to have the baby.

A good chance he'd be there long enough for the birth, but bolt as soon as he figured out how much work and sacrifice taking care of a baby is.

Archived