IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is destined for deletion:

59f9fed9bae04_Fatpeeps.JPG.c736c4d93c96588735b89d969cd157c0.JPG

"We CANNOT judge each individual by appearance only." Ha! This guy hasn't been reading Lori very long.

Honestly having known women sexually abused by their husbands the whole obedience post sounds terrifying. Obeying in "all other things he wants". Also it kinda comes off as don't speak unless spoken too. After all real conversations are often based on trading opinions back and forth and women shouldn't give their opinions. 

And I wonder how a godly (an actual godly husband) husband would feel about his wife  slandering innocent women on the Internet. Hmm don't think that would fly. But of course it's okay to gossip if you're a godly Tudor ;). 

@Sarah92 Opinions? Women have opinions?!?! No, they just have reproductive organs necessary to make a baby without a central nervous system. Where on Earth did you find a verse in the Bible stating that women are allowed to have opinions? Next you’ll be saying they should have feelings. Or worse yet... JOBS AND INDEPENDENCE! *shudder*

2 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

necessary to make a baby without a central nervous system.

Please tell me Lori didn't actually say that women are having babies without central nervous systems on the regular.

Oh, but she did...

“The premise of Ms. Komisar’s book—backed by research in psychology, neuroscience and epigenetics—is that ‘mothers are biologically necessary for babies,’ and not only for the obvious reasons of pregnancy and birth. ‘Babies are much more neurologically fragile than we’ve ever understood,’ Ms. Komisar says. She cites the view of one neuroscientist, Nim Tottenham of Columbia University, ‘that babies are born without a central nervous system’ and ‘mothers are the central nervous system to babies,’ especially for the first nine months after birth.”

Isn’t God amazing! He created women with wombs, ovaries, and breasts in order to bear and nourish their babies and now we find that mothers are the central nervous system to their babies! This is His perfect and awesome design. His will is that mothers be the ones to raise their own babies and be there for them continually since they are perfectly created to do this.

Obviously dear Lori is completely misunderstanding whatever the author is actually saying (I didn't read the link), but yes, apparently Lori thinks that babies literally have no central nervous system and I guess babies whose moms work are just walking around with no brain...or spinal cord...or anything else...so, yeah :dontgetit:

30 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

Oh, but she did...

“The premise of Ms. Komisar’s book—backed by research in psychology, neuroscience and epigenetics—is that ‘mothers are biologically necessary for babies,’ and not only for the obvious reasons of pregnancy and birth. ‘Babies are much more neurologically fragile than we’ve ever understood,’ Ms. Komisar says. She cites the view of one neuroscientist, Nim Tottenham of Columbia University, ‘that babies are born without a central nervous system’ and ‘mothers are the central nervous system to babies,’ especially for the first nine months after birth.”

Isn’t God amazing! He created women with wombs, ovaries, and breasts in order to bear and nourish their babies and now we find that mothers are the central nervous system to their babies! This is His perfect and awesome design. His will is that mothers be the ones to raise their own babies and be there for them continually since they are perfectly created to do this.

Obviously dear Lori is completely misunderstanding whatever the author is actually saying (I didn't read the link), but yes, apparently Lori thinks that babies literally have no central nervous system and I guess babies whose moms work are just walking around with no brain...or spinal cord...or anything else...so, yeah :dontgetit:

I have no words.  I've not very often rendered speechless, but Lori got me.   Her stupid was too much for my brain and it's just given up.  Since my mom is dead, I'm not sure I will go on with no more central nersouv system....

My two girls were living in orphanages when they were babies, cared for by nannies. The nanny for my oldest had six babies to care for, the nanny for my youngest cared for a roomful of babies. My daughters were healthy and beautiful toddlers when I met them. But I have so many questions for Lori. Was the nanny a central nervous system for all the babies they cared for? Did my kids simply grow up without central nervous systems, since their birthmothers weren't there to provide them with one? How was it that they thrived, without a CNS-Mom? When I adopted them, did I become their CNS? If so, was I their first CNS, or did I just take over from the nannies?

Lori needs to realize that ideal conditions don't always exist for babies. It's not just about a mother working. There are mothers who are dead, mothers who are sick, mothers who leave, mothers who have 17 other kids and don't have time to do anything other than prop a bottle in a crib. It's not idea but often, these babies turn out OK, thank goodness.

I forgot that I had saved this quote about religious belief and compassion until I ran across it today while looking for something else. I doubt Lori has the reading comprehension to get through it, but I wish she did.

The Middle English word beleven also meant “to love”; and the Latin credoI (“I believe”) probably derived from the phrase cor do: “I give my heart.” Saint Anselm of Canterbury had written, “Credo ut intelliguam,” usually translated “I believe in order that I may understand.” I had always assumed that this meant that I had to discipline my rebellious mind and force it to bow to the official orthodoxy, and that as a result of this submission, I would learn to understand a higher truth. This had been the foundation of my training in the convent. But no, Cantwell Smith explained Credo ut intelligam” should be translated “I commit myself in order that I may understand.” You must first live in a certain way, and then you would encounter within a sacred presence, that which monotheists call God, but which others have called the Tao, Brahman, or Nirvana.

“But did that mean that we could think what we liked about God? No. Here again, the religious traditions were in unanimous agreement. The one and only test of a valid religious idea, doctrinal statement, spiritual experience, or devotional practice was that it must lead directly to practical compassion. If your understanding of the divine made you kinder, more empathetic, and impelled you to express this sympathy in concrete acts of loving-kindness, this was good theology. But if your notion of God made you unkind, belligerent, cruel of self-righteous, or if it led you to kill in God’s name, it was bad theology. Compassion was the litmus test for the prophets of Israel, for the rabbis of the Talmud, for Jesus, for Paul, and for Muhammad, not be mention Confucius, Lao-Tzu, the Buddha, or the sages of the Upanishads.

The Spiral Staircase

Karen Armstrong, 292-293

And so predictably, Lori replies: 

Lulu Hader are you a born-again Christian who believes that the Bible is the inspired word of God and is relevant for our lives today including all the apostle Paul‘s writings?

And the whole exchange with LuLu is gone. 

Lori is a coward who cannot stand up for her own beliefs. She is a weakling when it comes to her faith and she has absolutely no confidence in her own words. She is a joke! 

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

I wonder if Lori would blame my spina bifida on my mom working...

Nah, my husband was raised by a fundie SAHM who homeschooled and dresses more modest than Lori will ever know. He has SUPER minor spina bifida. Lori would say that obviously since a TRUE godly woman birthed a child with spina bifida, then it must be God’s way. Mental illness is the true creation of feminist working mothers. Ugh. Stupid Lori.

@usmcmom “Coward” is the nice thing to call what Lori is... LOL

I don’t even know what to say. I think she’s devoid of a soul. And the behavior of these supposedly Christian women is absolutely appalling. She’s surrounded herself with martyrs (women whose husbands work 3 jobs or bring home $30k for a family of 9) and Christian women who have views based on their own privilege (or those that are hell bent on looking down on anyone that doesn’t fall into that submissive line). 

I am so grateful that this has not been my experience with church and my heart breaks for those of you that are breaking free from this inaccurate teaching. 

And Candis- guess what? My mom worked and I’m a world changer. Daily I work with men and women whose moms worked and they are world changers. And Mr. Frog and I are raising two more world changers- and we are so appreciative of our village- family, friends, and our daycare provider- because they have helped shape our kids into the amazing people they are turning out to be. 

@AlwaysDiscerning re the post on tumbler regarding etopic pregnancy.  I canmot fathom these people especially Deb.  I mean if she has an etopic she is going to do nothing???? unless it ruptures and she will deal with it then.  Does she not realise what that entails.  She may not have to deal with it cos she might be dead.  A ruptured etopic is a medical emergency.  My neice had one and was very ill and lost a lot of blood.  I had one myself but fortunately I was operated on in time.  Yes it was traumatic and I lost my baby ( I had a miscarriage the previous year) but I survived This woman has no clue what she is talking about and her ignorance is to be honest scary.  God help any daughters she has.

What I have a hard time getting my mind around is, that not only Lori believes her ignorant and hateful views, but others do as well. Who are these other people who read her blog and think, wow, what a wonderful and wise woman?!! Not only do they agree with her they act like sycophants. It is staggering to think of the unfortunate children and families who may be  on the other end.   

While she rages on gluttony, I can't help but wonder if she herself is one. Many would see gluttony as seeking an excess of anything not just food. So spending a great deal of time seeking followers would almost be gluttony. Heck, I could almost see the whole gaining comments, replying to them and then deleting them to be gluttony. You hunger for these comments just so you can stomp them down. It's an unnecessary waste of time and energy only to delete what you wrote. 

I need to stop commenting on the Undeleted FB page...my youngest son (the one with his mother's vocabulary) follows me there and loses his marbles (the few that this horrible working mother left him)...I'm very proud of him. 

13 hours ago, smittykins said:

I wonder if Lori would blame my spina bifida on my mom working...

Sadly, she probably would. She has already similar things in the past. I recall a few posts on the Always Learning blog, where she blamed mental health issues and autism/Asperger's on working mothers.

While I'm not wishing bad on anyone, I think Lori and at least one of her dumb fuck fangirls will end up seeing a situation in which a health problem or disability in child just happens in a SAHM family. There is a fundie family that has been discussed on FJ who has a son with Down syndrome. IIRC, the mother/wife in that family had already been a SAHM and homeschooling her older kids years before that son arrived. I wonder how Lori would explain that happening to a godly family. But, we know she probably wouldn't try to explain it.

What would Lori do if her SAHM daughter-in-law and son had a child with Down syndrome or another issue/disability? Would she find something else about the SAHM DIL to blame? What if one of Lori's fangirls with a big family has a Down syndrome child in her 40s after being at home for years? Is she going to somehow say that the fangirl wasn't  submissive or didn't spank her other kids enough and God is punishing her?

Comment from Lori's "wives shut up and do what you're told"  doodle.  It's been there 39 minutes.  I don't think Lori will let it stand much longer

This is the kind of advice that turns women into passive aggressive manipulators. I've seen it first hand, and even heard it taught as the "godly" way to influence your husband. A breakdown in communication is one of the leading causes of divorce, and I wish more women (especially Christian women) knew they were free to communicate openly with their husbands without being shamed for supposed unsubmissiveness.

22 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Comment from Lori's "wives shut up and do what you're told"  doodle.  It's been there 39 minutes.  I don't think Lori will let it stand much longer

My mom taught us that. How we were to gently hint around and persuade our husband to do things and then make him think it was all his idea and praise him for it. Makes me sick thinking about it now. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived