IGNORED

Welcome and Intros!

Palimpsest

So this is our brand new Cat Club and we can get the ball rolling!  I love cats but don't own one.  I'd love to learn more about your felines and see pictures though.  Please go ahead, and start the discussion.  We can add topics as necessary.

So what kinds of cat do you have, how many, how old are they, and what are their names (if you want to share that.):)

• Upvote 1

Hello! I have two cats, one is a 13 year old Male (Ginger / White) and the other is a 2 year old Female (White/Grey).

They like each other in small doses, but the older one gets upset if the little one jumps on him (fair enough)!

• Upvote 3

Right now, we only have one cat, Pelli. She's a 12 year old DSH (domestic short hair) who is a brown tabby with white. I posted this in a different spot recently:

Spoiler

20170501_161226.thumb.jpg.14e40828f8e75e0f33937a9d73c0615f.jpg

Most of the pictures I have of her on my phone show too much of our messy house, so a close up is best! :kitty-wink:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I have one cat (and might be grateful to lease restrictions limiting my crazy cat lady tendencies) named Spooky.  A Tortie (with tortitude)  She's roughly 12 years old.  (I think.)

10991191_10153118517534766_1842709199986753781_n.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Oh hai!  I am currently owned by 5 cats.  Annie is the oldest at 15...she's a tabby and white girl who sometimes sits or stands in front of the TV and reacts to what's on.  Diego is a cow kitty with very soft black and white fur; he's 9.  Molly is my big black panfur kitty who supposedly is part Siamese; at 2 1/2, she's my youngest.  Oliver has long tabby fur and supposedly is part Maine Coon; he's a 4-year-old overgrown baby.  Finally, Turtle is a big, cobby-bodied tortie girl, the biggest of my cats.  I'm not sure how old she is...she could be anywhere from 5 to 9, based on what the vet and her previous owner have said.  

Once I can figure out how to post pictures from my phone to this board, I can post a few pictures.

Interesting story about Turtle: I got her at a yard sale. No, seriously. The ad for the sale said something like, "Cat (maybe, make an offer)."  The woman holding the sale was moving and couldn't take her.  So I adopted her.  

Edited by pamplemousse
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...

I apparently can't sleep tonight, so... time to talk about my cats!

I have Mirah, a tortie DLH that I adopted from an animal hospital in Colorado, back in 2011. She just turned 7 yesterday.

And I have Eleanor, a black DSH that I adopted from the rescue I volunteered for last August. She just turned 1 last month.

I also live above a cat café. :D You could say I love cats. Ironically, in March I found out I'm allergic. :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:

Theoretically this is my personal Instagram, but it's mainly filled with pictures of my cats (though I have debated getting them their own Instagram...) so for kitty cuteness: https://www.instagram.com/xroselu/

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3

On 7/13/2018 at 12:06 AM, AmericanRose said:

Ironically, in March I found out I'm allergic. :5624796058123_Aseaoftearscrying:

I'm so sorry. How are you managing your symptoms/owning cats when you're allergic? That must be tough. 

Loved all the kitty pics on your instagram!  :my_heart:

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
punctuation
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I'm so sorry. How are you managing your symptoms/owning cats when you're allergic? That must be tough. 

Loved all the kitty pics on your instagram!  :my_heart:

Thank you! My girls are super cute. :D

Well, the cats aren't allowed in my bedroom and I have an air purifier in there... but I think I'm not really allergic to my own cats, weirdly enough. When I took my cat to the vet a few months ago my neck began to get really itchy, and developed welts, which doesn't happen at home.

It's kind of weird; when they did the testing, I didn't react to the scratch test... but I had mentioned I have cats, so they decided to do an injection, which I did react to.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.